Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

pitch play on ddj sx2 most versatile controller ever built.

Telony Ex 1:25 PM - 6 June, 2016
thanks to dj radikarl i now have pitch play to my sx2. its awesome. makes me like the sx2 more and more.

this is me demo ing it. youtu.be

here is a copy of the file i think may work with ddj sx as well. not sure, but for sx2, just put it in your mid folder and enable it in options after opening serato.
drive.google.com
938MyDJ 10:40 PM - 6 June, 2016
Hmmn...
I have an SX2 but only use it for prepping and practice.

Can somebody confirm if this will work the same in the SZ?
Telony Ex 11:57 AM - 7 June, 2016
i think th same file may work with any of the pioneer S series controller except the SB. its woth giving it a try.

but i know for susre it can work on any controller, just to do the mappings
Michael A 1:21 PM - 7 June, 2016
@ Telony Ex Daaaamn Daniel, that mapping looks like it works nicely! Thanks for posting that.
mathis 10:05 PM - 15 December, 2016
How do I "enable it in options"

And how do I get it to work? I have placed the file in my midi folder.
Telony Ex 10:48 PM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:
How do I "enable it in options"

And how do I get it to work? I have placed the file in my midi folder.

Hols shift and press sampler button to go into velocity sampler mode. Set a cue point u want to pitch play with and have fun pressing the other pads. Note that u must have pitch n time plugin
SirForce 12:25 AM - 16 December, 2016
Nice work, also could do jingle bells with that... thought you were going there... hehe
Cwite 8:09 AM - 16 December, 2016
Quick question on this. I have done tons of remapping on my SZ. If I use this file to get the pitch play, does anyone know if it will affect my other mappings (nothing is currently mapped to velocity mode)
938MyDJ 3:14 PM - 16 December, 2016
It WON'T!
Telony Ex 11:14 PM - 16 December, 2016
Unless u want to edit ur current xml map file and copy and paste the pitch play mappings to it.
Not sure but that could wirk.
Waht i did though was to add my mappings to the pitch play mappings. Kinda confusing to read but think hard and u will figure
M.adaM 10:20 AM - 17 January, 2017
Is this works on the Numark NS7 II also?

What about the other modes of the Pitch Play (via the parameter buttons)
Like shifting the pitch down and have it mixed (upper pads shift it up, lower pads shift it low)

THX
deejdave 11:10 AM - 17 January, 2017
Why not map the pitch shift yourself? Easy enough right?
M.adaM 12:39 PM - 17 January, 2017
I don not know anything about programming.
I've looked into the xml file, it does not look so difficult, but 1 small mistake and it won't work at all I guess.

But will give a try.
Also I would place this into the first mode of sampler mode (without shift button) and the original mode should go to the second mode of the sampler mode.... maybe the second should go to the shift + sampler button....
deejdave 2:11 PM - 17 January, 2017
Well the pitch play may have some degree of knowledge needed but the pitch shift can easily be mapped via serato's built in mid mapping panel keeping in mind the ns7II is able to be customized.
M.adaM 3:41 PM - 17 January, 2017
I already made that one (Never used the + and - buttons under the pitch fader)

I would like to have the PP as well, as it is showed here:

support.serato.com

And a few changes on the PAD MODEs.... (The one I mentioned above, and would like to change the Loop/Roll pad-modes, since I only use the second mode)

Would even pay for it, if someone makes it for me!
Seriously!

As I understand it, I can play with the selected cue point...
Since the NS7 II have 5 hot-cue buttons it is way better than any other controller there....
I can switch between cue points with one push of a button, the cue point change option of the PP would be needed because of the 6th,7th,8th cue point does not have dedicated hot cue buttons.
Telony Ex 7:57 PM - 17 January, 2017
Quote:
I already made that one (Never used the + and - buttons under the pitch fader)

I would like to have the PP as well, as it is showed here:

support.serato.com

And a few changes on the PAD MODEs.... (The one I mentioned above, and would like to change the Loop/Roll pad-modes, since I only use the second mode)

Would even pay for it, if someone makes it for me!
Seriously!

As I understand it, I can play with the selected cue point...
Since the NS7 II have 5 hot-cue buttons it is way better than any other controller there....
I can switch between cue points with one push of a button, the cue point change option of the PP would be needed because of the 6th,7th,8th cue point does not have dedicated hot cue buttons.

here is a demo Watchwww.youtube.com of how its done on the sx 2. beat yourself up trying the same on numark. who knows it might just work
Michael A 6:50 PM - 22 January, 2017
Telony X, thanks very much for the demo! Super useful for first go at changing MIDI settings.

I added the XML and tried to use it last night. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but could not get it to activate on DDJ-SX. The XML is loaded but when I hit shift+Sampler button the pads would not light up, or activate cue point 8. Also tried going in/out of sampler velocity mode by holding down sampler button with no luck either. Tried using it with sampler and/or MIDI edit activated in software which is SDJ 1.9.3 to no effect. Any SX users able to advise?

Also discovered apparently if you keep Serato on an external drive, you have to add the XML to the Serato MIDI folder on the internal hard drive. MBP would not recognize it when I added it to the Serato folder on my USB drive.

thanks again
Telony Ex 7:08 PM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
Telony X, thanks very much for the demo! Super useful for first go at changing MIDI settings.

I added the XML and tried to use it last night. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but could not get it to activate on DDJ-SX. The XML is loaded but when I hit shift+Sampler button the pads would not light up, or activate cue point 8. Also tried going in/out of sampler velocity mode by holding down sampler button with no luck either. Tried using it with sampler and/or MIDI edit activated in software which is SDJ 1.9.3 to no effect. Any SX users able to advise?

Also discovered apparently if you keep Serato on an external drive, you have to add the XML to the Serato MIDI folder on the internal hard drive. MBP would not recognize it when I added it to the Serato folder on my USB drive.

thanks again

have not had a chance to try said xml on SX but i know for sure it works on SX2. lot of other SX2 users have confirmed it as well.

Quote:
i think may work with ddj sx as well. not sure

as was said in earlier post, i assumed it would have worked on original SX as it has a similar foot print to SX2. but thats for corfirming. with a little tweeking though i am sure the original SX is capable
DJ Cyrix 6:46 AM - 23 January, 2017
I tried it a few times on my SX too, but I also never got it to work.
938MyDJ 4:42 PM - 23 January, 2017
You have to enable the SX midi mapping.

Click SX2 on the list and the box will appear.
Tick it (check mark) and the mapping will work.
siddeonemada 2:13 PM - 25 January, 2017
hello
thank you for that but i don't know how to change my cue point, i use 8 cue oint on serato scratch sentence, and the pitch play work on only one cue point, and i can't change that
please help to found that
thank you
dj t-money 1:51 AM - 13 February, 2017
Quote:
hello
thank you for that but i don't know how to change my cue point, i use 8 cue oint on serato scratch sentence, and the pitch play work on only one cue point, and i can't change that
please help to found that
thank you

I had the same problem but found a way to work round it by using the serato remote on the ipad hope this helps