#DJLife: Booth Rules

10:50 PM, 30 May 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ BLAST 12:38 AM - 31 May, 2016
Please. Add. More. Color. Is. To. Black. It makes. It. Look. Dark on. Pc
dizzyrocks2001 2:41 AM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Please. Add. More. Color. Is. To. Black. It makes. It. Look. Dark on. Pc

What in the actual f*ck are you talking about and what does it have to do with DJ booth etiquette?
Dj L-Biz 8:14 AM - 31 May, 2016
I found that ensuring the next dj is happy and everything is working for them once you have done the 'serato shuffle' aka switch over, goes a long way.
(Being mindful not to be a hindrance or just be getting in the way - use your own judgement)
Dave Wrong 10:31 AM - 31 May, 2016
No breasts = no requests.
Dj Dutch 4:02 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
I found that ensuring the next dj is happy and everything is working for them once you have done the 'serato shuffle' aka switch over, goes a long way.
(Being mindful not to be a hindrance or just be getting in the way - use your own judgement)

True word. Checking that everything's good shows respect, and helps with the fact that ya'll are there for the same reason.
Dj Pkg 10:15 PM - 31 May, 2016
Once had a group of people harassing me to turn down the volume because they were seated close to the speakers. Well wasn't my fault but those who setup seats close to it. My number 1 policy is any suggestion on my theme of songs and volume at an event should be discussed with the planner.
DjLouie Jr 10:43 PM - 31 May, 2016
Connecting our gear or changing over would be much easier when Serato Dj Support is release for the New Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 / CDJ-2000NXS2 as these units will be in most Dj Booth in NYC Lets get this done Guys.....
MattDaddyCool 7:53 AM - 3 June, 2016
I don't let anyone in the booth with me, ever. The only exception s the Club Manager, and that's only ever been a handful of times.

If you've got some idiot trying to press buttons, grab your mic to freestyle or swinging his drink over your equipmnent it's unprofessional. My personal rule is to just keep people out, full stop.
MistaMojo 11:45 AM - 8 June, 2016
Here is an addition / variation of the first hint: Instead of having your people in the Booth, place them in the middle of the crowd. Then can make noise, hype the tracks etc which can be also a spark to get the whole scene packed
Dinsemoore bryan 2:22 AM - 14 June, 2016
i don't full stop.
Deejay sky 10:19 PM - 14 June, 2016
Any pro DJ these rules are second nature...otherwise nice article
djdarkfada 4:44 PM - 27 November, 2016
as a mobile dj since 86 I've learned to setup were people can't dance and stumble right in front of my setup i usually find chairs table couch etc it just works out better
marymiller411 8:50 AM - 9 May, 2018
This is the new digital DJ age and i find the SYNC feature very useful, now with so many songs & remixes in a playlist i just don't have time to start tweaking up & down with a pitch control.
gogoanime gogo-anime.io