Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

new to serato video. what do i need?

nick2014 2:11 PM - 28 May, 2016
hello guys!
I just purchased serato video.
Thats all i have now just the program on my mac.
i would like to know what else i need to buy. I know i would need a projector, a projector screen. Any ideas on good projectors out there that works for you?
Would appreciate your help with this becuz i would hate to buy equipment twice because of poor quality output. oh fyi keep in mind im using a NS7II
Thanks
DJ Tecniq 2:06 AM - 30 May, 2016
You can hook it up to any flatscreen tv with HDMI. If your Mac is older you will need a HDMI adapter. If the Mac has an official HDMI port than all you need is an HDMI cable.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 30 May, 2016
What year/model is the Mac?
nick2014 6:36 PM - 31 May, 2016
Omg! This is such a good idea which will save me allot of money.
I have a mid 2009 macbook pro. I also have an Hdmi adapter and a 25ft hdmi cord available so i will definitely give this a shot. will keep you posted on the outcome...

thank u
DJ Tecniq 10:07 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Omg! This is such a good idea which will save me allot of money.
I have a mid 2009 macbook pro. I also have an Hdmi adapter and a 25ft hdmi cord available so i will definitely give this a shot. will keep you posted on the outcome...

thank u
Your patio is very outdated I'm not sure if you'll have much success or not. I have an old 2010 Mac and it ran video ok but used way to much CPU. May want to look into upgrading the laptop first.
DJ Tecniq 10:07 PM - 31 May, 2016
Patio = Computer lol
DJ Tecniq 10:58 PM - 31 May, 2016
Your computer isn't sufficient for SDJ and running video esp if it's a Core2duo which are no longer supported. Video would work with Scratchlive since it uses less CPU. But afraid that 2009 Mac won't cut it. Upgrading to a 2012 or newer would be a better option.
popnwave 11:30 PM - 31 May, 2016
If they stick to SD video they will be ok.. most of the pools still give that as an option.
DJ Tecniq 11:41 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
If they stick to SD video they will be ok.. most of the pools still give that as an option.
Good suggestion. Or he'd be better off using mix emergency. Scratchlive will run a lot smoother but not sure what hardware he's running or even if it's supported...controller etc.
DJ Tecniq 11:44 PM - 31 May, 2016
Just read he's using the NS7 II which is out of the question for Scratchlive. Personally if he wants to stay with current technology I would upgrade. With more updates to SDJ his computer will just weaken with every new update.
popnwave 2:43 AM - 1 June, 2016
As much as we love latest and greatest, there's nothing bad about running NS7 II with the oldest version of SDJ that supports it - and of course SV hasn't been updated in so long, the requirements haven't changed in years at this point.

Hell, at this point in still on 1.8.2 because 1.9.x hasn't added anything that I need or want at this point. I may just ride that out until the MCX8000 fleshes out or PIO drops the SZ update.
nick2014 3:07 AM - 1 June, 2016
Thank you guys for ur suggestion and quick responses. i will explore all possible option presented to me from this feed. oh! i'm using serato DJ version 1.9.0. with NS7II, NV, NS6, or DDJSX just depends on the occasion or venue. mainly for mobile applications
DJ Tecniq 3:14 AM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
As much as we love latest and greatest, there's nothing bad about running NS7 II with the oldest version of SDJ that supports it - and of course SV hasn't been updated in so long, the requirements haven't changed in years at this point.

Hell, at this point in still on 1.8.2 because 1.9.x hasn't added anything that I need or want at this point. I may just ride that out until the MCX8000 fleshes out or PIO drops the SZ update.
I agree as well but they key feature in the recent versions are really handy esp the color coding. But if users don't need this I don't see anything wrong with using an older version. Use what works for you👍🏻
DJ Tecniq 3:15 AM - 1 June, 2016
Could always use mixed in key and its key feature if this is really needed. Which isn't always the case.
nick2014 3:16 AM - 2 June, 2016
After careful considerations i think i am going to upgrade to a newer macbook.
The one i currently have is a mid 2009. I would like to purchase one from the apple store any good tips on purchasing a newer computer with intensions of becoming a serato video DJ?
DJ Tecniq 3:29 AM - 2 June, 2016
Quote:
After careful considerations i think i am going to upgrade to a newer macbook.
The one i currently have is a mid 2009. I would like to purchase one from the apple store any good tips on purchasing a newer computer with intensions of becoming a serato video DJ?
Try bestbuy, Craigslist, Amazon, or a place that sells refurbished macs. Students sell them all the time just to get new ones or upgrade. Stick with a 2012 model or above.
DJ Tecniq 3:37 AM - 2 June, 2016
DJ Tecniq 3:46 AM - 2 June, 2016
Here's another for as low as $1,000 but the specs are top notch👍🏻
buy.gazelle.com
nick2014 4:00 AM - 2 June, 2016
tracking discussions
great tips
looking up sites
DJ Tecniq 4:15 AM - 2 June, 2016
Here's a 2012 in terrific condition for $600😮
m.ebay.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:45 AM - 10 June, 2016
Videos take up space, so you will need to factor that in.

Consider getting an external HD (and one or two back up HDs)