Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Recording with Serato DJ intro

Dyan Deep 10:51 PM - 27 May, 2016
Hi Fam

Starting with a start up kit such as the Mixtrack pro 2 & Serato DJ intro should put things into perspective.
It's for beginners to make a start, learn & improve. Most of all display what DJ talent they have.

Why has Serato not added the recording function? It helps all the above verbs!

Now I don't mean to compare; as I appreciate Serato, the interface, the friendly usability & overall practicality however Virtual Dj as far as I know was built with this function for years now. Why hasn't Serato climbed on board with this idea.

Serato in my opinion is one of the best but can only be the best if it offers all required functions such as "recording"

Can this please be initiated at some point, hopefully soon haha

Your soonest response will be appreciated.

Dyan Deep
Laz219 12:01 AM - 28 May, 2016
Recording is a feature in the full version of SDJ, as much as what you're saying makes sense- I guess they need to leave features out to be able to differentiate the software.

There are ways to record without doing it directly inside SDJ anyway, run an RCA-->3.5mm back into your laptop and use something like audacity to record.
Doing it internally is a lot easier though, can be monitored without switching back and forth between programs and you've only got one program using resources too.