DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I present: "90 to 99" - A mix for every year in the 90's, 90+ songs on each!

R-Tistic 6:19 PM - 27 May, 2016
Some of you all may remember when I posted that I made a mix for 93-99. Today, I released 90-92, and I re-recorded 94-96 and made some small changes on each one.

This was truly a history project, especially going back to 90-92. I didn't start listening to Rap/R&B every single day until 93, and I was only 5-7 years old before that year...so I had to do some deep digging to create these.

I balance it out...major hits, cuts for Hip Hop head, slow jams at the end, remixes, and Regional cuts. I don't include EVERY single major hit from each year, especially those that I feel are cliche at this point.

Go ahead and check them out!!

"90 for 90" - soundcloud.com

"91 for 91" - soundcloud.com

"92 for 92" - soundcloud.com

"93 for 93" - soundcloud.com

"94 for 94" - soundcloud.com

"95 for 95" - soundcloud.com

"96 for 96" - soundcloud.com

"97 for 97" - soundcloud.com

"98 for 98" - soundcloud.com

"99 for 99" - soundcloud.com

Full Playlist: soundcloud.com
Marv Incredible 11:28 AM - 28 May, 2016
Nice one bro. Listening now. Shared on social networks. Big up.
WileECoyote 1:12 PM - 28 May, 2016
Glad you're back on soundcloud man. I bump these joints all the time. I was missing the first four.
eugguy 1:50 AM - 29 May, 2016
thumbs up. i actually listen to these. great work.
Marv Incredible 8:22 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:

I personally think there's no greater compliment for a DJ as when other DJs rate your stuff so much it's what they choose to listen to. I've been rocking these mixes during my downtime all weekend. I've become a firm fan. And it's clear I'm not alone. Respect man.
Antonio Essex 3:17 PM - 29 May, 2016
Thanks for the mixes bro. Perfect for memorial BBQ
R-Tistic 9:43 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I personally think there's no greater compliment for a DJ as when other DJs rate your stuff so much it's what they choose to listen to. I've been rocking these mixes during my downtime all weekend. I've become a firm fan. And it's clear I'm not alone. Respect man.

Man, I definitely agree...I do a lot of small things on mixes that I'm sure ONLY DJs will catch. I'll change something, or do a certain transition, and my friends who don't DJ won't understand it at all.

I appreciate y'all for it!
R-Tistic 9:44 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
Nice one bro. Listening now. Shared on social networks. Big up.

Thanks for sharing em!
lumas13 11:19 PM - 1 June, 2016
Good stuff R-Tistic
R-Tistic 7:20 PM - 21 July, 2016
I'm thinking about dropping the tracklist soon. Is there a command to list all the songs in a crate?
djnak 8:08 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
I'm thinking about dropping the tracklist soon. Is there a command to list all the songs in a crate?

man if you don't recognize all the songs you don't know hip hop...

THANK-YOU for these!! they are in heavy ipod rotation!!!
Marv Incredible 11:44 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
Is there a command to list all the songs in a crate?

Sadly not, no. We've been pushing for it though.

The workaround I use is to either load each track into history and export from there (works for smaller number of tracks). Or drag and copy the crate to the HDD, then use a Tag Editor or Library manager with extraction/export capabilities on the whole folder. It takes just a few seconds in Tag&Rename for example.

A big downside with this is that you may not always get the same order (due to filenames having no relation to crate order) so on those occasions I mark an empty tag field with a track number and then sort by that. It's messy and far from ideal. If there's a better way I'd like to know. But we all know the best way would be for the program to have these features in the first place.
DTweed 3:48 AM - 22 July, 2016
Quote:

I think if you upload in mix cloud it will create the list for you but I don't think you can export. The work around would be to put in serato and export but don't mix
DTweed 3:49 AM - 22 July, 2016
Dope not don't 😑 Damn auto correct
Marv Incredible 11:37 AM - 22 July, 2016
To export from a crate, give this thread a rate. =)
serato.com
WildcardX 1:52 PM - 22 July, 2016
Great stuff man. Cheers!
R-Tistic 9:51 PM - 25 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

man if you don't recognize all the songs you don't know hip hop...

THANK-YOU for these!! they are in heavy ipod rotation!!!

Ahh good looks!

And I know that there's not a single person who knows EVERY single song on all ten mixes LOL. Maybe they do for a few years, but I put too many Regional tracks on for folks to know them all!
R-Tistic 9:52 PM - 25 July, 2016
Quote:
Great stuff man. Cheers!

I appreciate that!
DJ Remy USA 5:13 AM - 27 July, 2016
That 99 for 99 bro that joint hit me in the feels lol
R-Tistic 6:22 PM - 27 July, 2016
Quote:
That 99 for 99 bro that joint hit me in the feels lol

Aha!

I think the wildest thing is that EVERYONE has a different year or set of years that they enjoy most. My 42 year old homie said he loves 90-96, and then 98, but isn't a fan of 97 or 99. I notice most folks under 30 prefer 97-99 even over 93-96, which are the best years to me. All my South folks love 99 a lot, since it is a lot of Regional South music on there.

On surface, folks don't realize how much different each year was back then, but you can hear the sounds evolve and change every single year it seems.
DJ Remy USA 5:13 PM - 28 July, 2016
You are right I think 99 was the most hype for me cause thats when my sister graduated and I got the chance to hang out with all the seniors for like 2 weeks while they went to Mexico for their senior trip. Since my sister was super popular she took me along with her and yea basically those were the songs I heard while bumping uglies with Senior as a 9th grader but yea.

I actually love all the 90s music I havent listened to all of them but I will.
R-Tistic 5:19 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
You are right I think 99 was the most hype for me cause thats when my sister graduated and I got the chance to hang out with all the seniors for like 2 weeks while they went to Mexico for their senior trip. Since my sister was super popular she took me along with her and yea basically those were the songs I heard while bumping uglies with Senior as a 9th grader but yea.

I actually love all the 90s music I havent listened to all of them but I will.

Ahhh, that nostalgia!!
DJ Ravien 5:34 PM - 28 July, 2016
Checked out the 90's mix. Can't believe some of them songs are that old. Excellent work will have to check out the rest when I get the chance.
Marv Incredible 3:22 PM - 3 March, 2018
Just came back to listen to these again. They've not only got replay value but very memorable too. Great work
R-Tistic 7:20 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Just came back to listen to these again. They've not only got replay value but very memorable too. Great work

Man, I appreciate that!! It def took weeks and months to complete.
The Times 8:14 PM - 5 March, 2018
Havent listened all the way through yet but i LOVE the concept of this.
Good stuff!
DJ SHY 2:50 PM - 30 March, 2018
Quote:

Bro! All these hits bring me back!!!! so far i think my fav. years are 93 & 97,98... lol

Great mix maaaan... any chance for a playlist for these? there are a few songs i recognize but def. don't remember the name..... might have to shazaaaam it...lol

Thanks!
eugguy 4:44 PM - 30 March, 2018
Someone do a proper 80 to 89...that would be something.
Mr. Goodkat 10:54 PM - 30 March, 2018
Quote:

early 80s would be tough
R-Tistic 8:44 PM - 3 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

early 80s would be tough

For Hip Hop, yea, but it was soooooo much R&B/Funk/Soul and maybe even Disco at that time
R-Tistic 8:46 PM - 3 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Bro! All these hits bring me back!!!! so far i think my fav. years are 93 & 97,98... lol

Great mix maaaan... any chance for a playlist for these? there are a few songs i recognize but def. don't remember the name..... might have to shazaaaam it...lol

Thanks!

I never released the trackless but I might do it soon when I drop the videos for them next month. I can tell you what songs it might be though, if you got timestamps