Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video : no preview windows in Serato DJ, records audio only

krewcial 8:15 PM - 24 May, 2016
I just installed Serato Video.
I can't get the 3 preview windows to show up within Serato DJ (when clicking the Video button on the top left of Serato DJ).
Here's a screenshot : postimg.org

I've reinstalled Serato (1.9.1), rebooted, but nothing solves the problem. I do get the overlay window (with 1, 2 or 3 video previews, depending on what I choose in the settings tab).

I'm running Serato DJ with a Vestax VCI380, on a MacPro with 24 GB RAM and a Nvidia 8800 GT card, so my system is more than adequate. My videofiles are 640*480 movs, so definitely not heave footage.

When trying to record, all I get is an AVI file with nothing but audio.

I would like to get advice from Serato or people with similar problems. Have the exact same problem on a recent Macbook Air.
DJ Tecniq 12:02 AM - 26 May, 2016
A Mac with 24 gigs ram? Do they really exist? I thought the the max for a Mac was 16 gigs ram however keep trying to restart the computer and disable/re-enable Serato video they will eventually appear after a few restarts this has been a big problem esp with SDJ cause I never had this problem using Scratchlive. A pram reset wouldn't hurt either. Good luck
popnwave 3:30 PM - 26 May, 2016
Quote:
A Mac with 24 gigs ram? Do they really exist? I thought the the max for a Mac was 16 gigs ram however keep trying to restart the computer and disable/re-enable Serato video they will eventually appear after a few restarts this has been a big problem esp with SDJ cause I never had this problem using Scratchlive. A pram reset wouldn't hurt either. Good luck

Yah he said MacPro so he's running this on a trashcan! Those suckers can go REALLY high on the RAM side.