DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best Record pool all round?

DJ Crooks 3:56 PM - 24 May, 2016
Im looking for an urban record pool that will give me unlimited access to throwback tunes as well as upfront stuff. I'm currently with DJcity, but I find that they do not have a lot of throwbacks and are a bit slow on the upfront side of urban things. Id also like a record pool that will allow me to branch out into other genres if need be. Preferably something around the same price as Dj city.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:07 PM - 24 May, 2016
What you described is www.latenightrecordpool.com

Unfuckwittable on the throwbacks and classics plus same or slightly better (and faster) as Dj city on the new stuff

A bit more money than DJ CITY but worth it for the quality throwbacks and classics plus all the other genres (just in case u need Mixshow edits of country?)
DJ Matty Stiles 5:23 AM - 25 May, 2016
LNRP really is great for throwbacks
DJ Crooks 7:00 PM - 25 May, 2016
Thank you very much
DJ Matty Stiles 7:05 PM - 25 May, 2016
By and large they are good. But on occasion I'd question their sources. I'm only talking about 1 in every 15 tracks but still... I think the sheer range of music available makes up for it

DJ city on the other hand is 100% legit but delete stuff after like 3 years (part of their deal with the labels) so it's kind of sucks for throwbacks
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:32 PM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
By and large they are good. But on occasion I'd question their sources. I'm only talking about 1 in every 15 tracks but still... I think the sheer range of music available makes up for it

I think the pool director has been in the pool business since the vinyl days but became a digital pool in 2008 I think.

As far as sources, on occasion, I see instrumental or accapella "ripped from vinyl" plus I think like many pools that have been around since the invention of the CD (or at least the 90's) - they have a huge back catalogue of promo CD singles from label service.

I think some of the new "flash in a pan" remixes and bootlegs may be questionable but saves you from hunting it down on a blog if you "must have it".

I can direct CEO to this thread if you had any direct questions.
DJ Matty Stiles 3:43 AM - 26 May, 2016
Don't get me wrong. LNRP is great. I will always be subscribed. The vast majority of music is very solid.

There is the odd track that sounds like crap though. See for example, Coming Home by Diddy. It sounds worse than a YouTube rip.

Yeah, an instrumental ripped from vinyl is better than no instrumental at all. And I really appreciate it when I see a note that says "replaced with CD quality files" (J-Kwon's Tipsy)

Look at the instrumental for Jay-Z's money cash hoes. It was either very poorly ripped from vinyl or a very crappy MP3.

Some of the mix show edits I would do differently (and I do in ableton with provided instrumental) but I guess I'm just being picky and I'm grateful for the selection I have. Like with Jumpman or all I do is win, I don't like the bass / 808s to kick in until the actual drop so I will go to the instrumental and take a different, lighter part of the song to use as mixing time. I actually do this quite a bit. This is nitpicking but DJ City IMHO opinion has never failed me in this department.

If they have so many vinyl rips I'd absolutely love them to have more classic AV8's on there. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go on ebay to order a classic Partybreak record and rip it myself. (Let's get Ill, Chooze one, where u @) I sometimes wonder if other pools like franchise are good for this. Can anyone fill me in?

Layout is old but I really like it. It's simple and navigable.

Some of the grab bags from random DJs absolutely suck. I found No Doubt's "Hey Baby" was warped like crap and obviously came from a shitty downloaded MP3. I had to get it off iTunes instead and make a mix show edit myself. But, as I said, this is rare. It should be pointed out though.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:51 AM - 26 May, 2016
^^^Point taken,,, I see what you mean,

I also have run across a few crappy versions and you are right some of dem grab bag edits - yep
PopRoXxX 4:18 PM - 26 May, 2016
I use Promo Only as my most used Pool. Most legit as well.
DJ MEL (Virginia) 1:11 AM - 2 August, 2016
I used Franchise Record Pool for old school stuff
Dj Insanne 9:38 PM - 31 August, 2016
Anyone heard of MYMP3POOL? Good rates.. if so whats your thoughts?
A few dj's I know used it until they hit radio and got on Cicana.
AndrewRivas 5:08 PM - 1 September, 2016
I'd check out Club Killers, I'm personally happy with them. solid new, throwbacks, redrums, hype, trans up/down, etc. Couldn't comment on LNRP though as I've never tried them. Depending on how much you gig it might be worth adding another pool onto your djcity account. At one point I was running with DJCity, Clubkillers, Primecuts, and Beatjunkies.
Versipellis 5:25 PM - 2 September, 2016
I've been tossing up between DJCity, Digital DJ Pool, and BPM Supreme. Can't decide which to go with for mostly electronic/house/trance/AT40 though.

Probably will do the Digital DJ Pool trial, then maybe a month each of DJCity and BPM Supreme to see which I like best.
4mydawgz 1:13 PM - 30 October, 2016
Digitial DJ Pool is good for the basics... especially mainstream hip hop.
B-Ryan305 6:14 AM - 25 February, 2018
Hi,

Which record pool(s) do you guys recommend for latin, top 50 and especially EDM? I tried Digital DJ pool and did not enjoy it. I want to try DJ City but they don't seem to have a good amount of EDM songs I want. Thanks for your help and time.
Chris Jett 1:41 PM - 17 March, 2018
For EDM, check out Beatport. Not necessarily a pool, but a good source for EDM purchased by the song.
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:00 PM - 29 March, 2018
Quote:
Hi,

Which record pool(s) do you guys recommend for latin, top 50 and especially EDM? I tried Digital DJ pool and did not enjoy it. I want to try DJ City but they don't seem to have a good amount of EDM songs I want. Thanks for your help and time.

Try www.latinosunidosonline.net & www.idjpool.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:10 PM - 2 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Try www.latinosunidosonline.net & www.idjpool.com

Cosign Dub on idjpool, Offers about a dozen plus new Latin tunes a week, although I'm sure a specialty Latin pool like the one offered above may offer more, but you also get all the Pop, Top 40 and some of the EDM depending on what you are looking for,
Ram Rockstar 12:27 PM - 8 April, 2018
Looking for a pool with a good selection of Nudisco. I already have LNRP, DJCity, and MyMP3pool and they dont go too deep in this genre, Thanks
YZ 6:34 PM - 10 April, 2018
uTorrent
SVG Ro 3:22 AM - 26 June, 2018
Hey i`m looking for a dj pool that have 70s,80s and 90s pop music any one know any???
Dj Insanne 4:22 PM - 27 June, 2018
Good Question... And quality!!

I'm a part of "MyMP3POOL" and its hit and miss with them on those years.
PopRoXxX 9:04 PM - 27 June, 2018
Promo Only 👍
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:55 PM - 28 June, 2018
Quote:
Hey i`m looking for a dj pool that have 70s,80s and 90s pop music any one know any???

Didn't Direct Music Service have a lot of that stuff. If i remember right a lot of it being redrums and short re-edits or quick hitters.

I know idjpool has some in the classics section. Remember the overall purpose of a Pool is to promote NEW MUSIC - old stuff is just a bonus or a perk of pool membership.

You may do better buying what you need on iTunes or Amazon and using some of the pools to help reduce costs if you need the new stuff too.
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:01 PM - 28 June, 2018
"Remember the overall purpose of a Pool is to promote NEW MUSIC - old stuff is just a bonus or a perk of pool membership".

This! Also Art, it took me a senior moment but I finally remember where I know you from. I previously was an assistant pool director at O.M.A.P. in Washington, DC and was buyer at 12" Dance Records, which I later became an owner/partner.
SVG Ro 11:14 PM - 28 June, 2018
Quote:
Good Question... And quality!!

I'm a part of "MyMP3POOL" and its hit and miss with them on those years.

thanks for the info
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:32 AM - 29 June, 2018
Quote:
"Remember the overall purpose of a Pool is to promote NEW MUSIC - old stuff is just a bonus or a perk of pool membership".

This! Also Art, it took me a senior moment but I finally remember where I know you from. I previously was an assistant pool director at O.M.A.P. in Washington, DC and was buyer at 12" Dance Records, which I later became an owner/partner.

Ahhhh... yep I was Assistant/Urban Director for Midwestern Dance Association in Michigan for years. Also attended a few New Music Seminars and Winter Music Conferences for the pool as well as doing record label promo for a few Detroit Techno labels in late 80s.

Possibly serviced your pool on occasion - vinyl or at least a sample copy from KMS records maybe?
DJ Cee Los 6:01 AM - 8 July, 2018
BpmSupreme works great for an all around pool
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:31 PM - 11 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhhh... yep I was Assistant/Urban Director for Midwestern Dance Association in Michigan for years. Also attended a few New Music Seminars and Winter Music Conferences for the pool as well as doing record label promo for a few Detroit Techno labels in late 80s.

Possibly serviced your pool on occasion - vinyl or at least a sample copy from KMS records maybe?

Yes sir KMS, and we talked about the red parrot boot as well...