DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Purchased 2 Numark V7

GusGomez 3:15 PM - 24 May, 2016
So I have a Pioneer DJM S9 and 2 XDJ 1000. The thing is I love TT's but love the convenience of the XDJ even though the platters suck on the XDJ definitely not for scratching. I figured the V7's are the best of both words. My question is can I use the V7's with the S9 and Serato DJ?...I realized I purchased the V7's without even realizing if I could or not but I found them at a really good price ($250 for both)
Tommy Deem 11:28 PM - 25 May, 2016
Guestion is why couldnt u use them??
Serato, Support
Marcus S 4:36 AM - 26 May, 2016
Hey there GusGomez,

They way you'd use two Numark V7s with a mixer is by connecting one of the V7s via USB to your computer, which will then enable Serato DJ. You'll then need to link the V7s together using an ethernet cable. Once this is done, connect the two V7s to your mixer as you would normally connect two decks.

If you run into issues setting up, please drop our technical support team a request by clicking the 'Get Help from Serato' button back on the main page.

Hope this helps.
GusGomez 8:05 PM - 2 June, 2016
Quote:
Hey there GusGomez,

They way you'd use two Numark V7s with a mixer is by connecting one of the V7s via USB to your computer, which will then enable Serato DJ. You'll then need to link the V7s together using an ethernet cable. Once this is done, connect the two V7s to your mixer as you would normally connect two decks.

If you run into issues setting up, please drop our technical support team a request by clicking the 'Get Help from Serato' button back on the main page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Marcus this worked 100%
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 6:25 AM - 12 September, 2017
How do you get the Akai pads to do the other functions when using the sevens and an S9 together? I just got my S9 today and am having a hard time being able to use all of the buttons the way that the mixer should. I'm running Windows 7 and all updated software. Whenever I hit any of the Serato effects buttons on the S-9, to the right, on the little display it says "connect to Serato DJ." I don't think that I skipped any steps in my installation all of my drivers are installed correctly and I can access the setup utility menu for the mixer itself within my computer.
dj_soo 4:36 AM - 13 September, 2017
the V7 is a standalone unit so it's taking over Serato DJ as opposed to the S9. Try plugging in the S9 first and then plugging in the two V7s. Apparently that works with Rane gear, but not sure about Pioneer.

The other option is to run the S9 in midi mode and map your own controls, but obviously the former would be better as that turns the V7s into straight midi controllers rather than the program accessing the V7s and just outputting audio into the S9s.
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 4:51 AM - 13 September, 2017
Imma try that. Thanks I think having the V sevens and the S9 both at fully functional capabilities would make for a super dope set of tables to be creative off of and I can't wait to figure this out. It will elevate my 20-year plus scratch game to unknown Heights
dj_soo 4:54 AM - 13 September, 2017
to clarify, try launching with the S9 plugged in, and then plug in the V7s when the program is running.

The last time I tried to plug in two SDJ units at once, the program crashed, but that was several versions ago.
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 5:39 AM - 13 September, 2017
So i don't have the V7s unplugged from the computer completely and still can't get the s9 to talk to SDJ...?
dj_soo 5:51 AM - 13 September, 2017
Quote:
So i don't have the V7s unplugged from the computer completely

so you have them plugged in?

Unplugged them, launch as if you're just using the S9 and then plug them in the usb after the program has launched with just the S9
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 4:52 AM - 14 September, 2017
well i have gotten them to work together but it is kind weird. The abilities are dope and all dont get me wrong but its a trick to really get them to work for the first time. After that they are great. For the second time playing around on them im lovin it. i think im gonna post a youtube on how to do it when I completely figure it out..
GusGomez 1:04 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
well i have gotten them to work together but it is kind weird. The abilities are dope and all dont get me wrong but its a trick to really get them to work for the first time. After that they are great. For the second time playing around on them im lovin it. i think im gonna post a youtube on how to do it when I completely figure it out..

Just be careful if u take them to a gig I had major issues at a live gig with them they suck up way too much power my whole system died on me.
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 1:25 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Just be careful if u take them to a gig I had major issues at a live gig with them they suck up way too much power my whole system died on me.

What do you mean, can you be a little more detailed please? What kind of power?
GusGomez 2:02 PM - 14 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean, can you be a little more detailed please? What kind of power?

well they suck up a lot of power so if you have the mixer the two V7's and your laptop connected to a power supply they could shut off on you try to connect them to different power supply for some reason the motor on these things is not like the motor on the NS7II or NS7III these V7's are power hogs
HumanJukeBoxDJMO 2:12 PM - 14 September, 2017
Thanks for the heads up... i will keep that in mind when doing gigs, having a dedicated 110v circuit..