Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

VSL Issues

DJNitro12 12:22 AM - 24 May, 2016
ok running Serato Video on a HP laptop w/ GeForce GTX 850M and a quad core i7 5500U 2.4ghz processor. OS is Windows 10 on a 256gb SSD M.2 drive and all videos are on a 2TB SSD samsung drive. Yes serato video is configured to run on my dedicated card and not the onboard. I also know that, yes even though it's a 4GB graphics card, Serato only recognizes 2GB max. My problem is that Serato Video will crash during playback after about an hour of playback. I go into my setting in Serato, disable video, then re-enable it and it will work again for a couple of minutes then do it all over again. This laptop is specifically designed for Serato. It does noting else at all. No wi-fi, etc. What's going on here? Here are some pics if they help
www.mediafire.com

www.mediafire.com
DJ Tecniq 7:49 AM - 24 May, 2016
Are the video card drivers updated?
DJNitro12 11:37 AM - 24 May, 2016
Yes they are. They are setup to auto update and the most recent update was done Thursday.
DJ Tecniq 3:42 PM - 24 May, 2016
When did the start happening?
DJNitro12 3:53 PM - 24 May, 2016
about a week ago. Haven't used it since. I've been using backup until I figure it out.
popnwave 6:31 PM - 24 May, 2016
Any heat issues? Might want to get a memory checker and see if one if you have a SODIMM going bad..

If you stay away from SV and just play music do you get the same crashing?
DJNitro12 6:39 PM - 24 May, 2016
Heat isn't an issue. My temp runs about 170 w VSL and 150 with just dj. I running cooling fans because I sometimes do outdoor gigs. If I just run dj, it runs fine.
Culprit 1:15 AM - 25 May, 2016
Can you try patching serato video with this program

www.ntcore.com

and post results?
Culprit 1:19 AM - 25 May, 2016
You sound pretty experienced, but I am going to ask some dumb questions anyways

support.serato.com

did you install these codecs?

All your video files mp4 files? Legit sources?
DJNitro12 1:25 AM - 25 May, 2016
I get all videos from either Xmix Ultimix, Select Mix, or Pro Videos and yes they're mp4 files. I didn't have the second Codec so we'll see. I am a network security engineer so I know how to tweak Windows. Otherwise I'd have a Mac b/c let's face it, for video, there really isn't anything better unless you know how to tweak Windows. I am going to install Win 7 Monday b/c I hate Widows 10.
Culprit 1:34 AM - 25 May, 2016
I love windows 10 man, I had Serato Video working pretty flawless on my wifes windows 10 laptop.

I think your sources might be part of the issue. I have never heard of Pro Videos. The others I think just started their service, but I have never used their files or checked them out or their encoding algorithms.

I am going to post some links right now I want you to try before you decide to dump windows 10.
Culprit 1:38 AM - 25 May, 2016
serato.com

Quote:

I was having a problem with blurry videos in Video Scratch Live which I knew were not coded wrong using my Windows 7 server at my house and I managed to fix it following this thread -> serato.com

I managed to produce a .reg file to automatically fix this for anyone who was having quality problems with ffdshow + halii media splitter.

Step 1 - Download latest ffdshow 32bit tryouts -> ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net
Step 2 - Download latest Haali Media Splitter -> haali.su
Step 3 - Download this Registry File -> www.mediafire.com
Step 4 - Install ffdshow tryouts.
Step 5 - Install Haali Media Splitter.
Step 6 - Open the registry file.

Your files should play just like they play in VLC Media Player or Quicktime.

Hit that link, Follow all those steps, when you get to step 3, try this file which i reuploaded.

drive.google.com

Continue the steps, report back here.

And apply that patch to serato video that I posted as well.