SDJ - by the end of the night...

AKIEM 5:54 PM - 22 May, 2016
...whats that fucking crackling sound?
DjSyndic8 8:36 PM - 22 May, 2016
Quote:
...whats that fucking crackling sound?

Fried Chicken maybe?
DJ Tracy G. 10:40 PM - 22 May, 2016
try a different USB port. I had an issue like that when trying to use a USB 3 port. Once I switched to a USB2 port, no more issue. I dont think I have any driver issues with my computer but I can't explain why usiong a USB2 port made my SL3 sound very accurate.
Serato, Support
Marcus S 4:50 AM - 25 May, 2016
Hey there AKEIM,

Our support team is here to help, and this is a problem they should be able to help you with. Please send through a support request back at the main page by clicking 'Get Help from Serato', and they'll get onto it ASAP.

All the best,
AKIEM 5:04 PM - 27 May, 2016
I had to restart in the middle of a show last night.
DjSyndic8 5:14 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:

Okay? must've made you really angry.
AKIEM 5:26 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

More like embarrassed to look like I wasn't a dude with professional equipment standing there.
DjSyndic8 5:52 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

More like embarrassed to look like I wasn't a dude with professional equipment standing there.

I know the feeling bro, that's when you go into pretend there's nothing wrong mode lol cause everyone's looking at the DJ ...... did you put in a support request?
Like "Marcus S" mentioned its back at the main page by clicking 'Get Help from Serato', and they'll get onto it ASAP. hopefully they should help you out :)
AKIEM 6:12 PM - 27 May, 2016
Sure did.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

It's hard to reproduce, because it doesn't always happen. And happens after several hours so I don't get it when practising.

Last night tho I told the MC who's show it was to tell a couple jokes real quick - then said fuck it and did a quick rant about Serato falling off... course most of the crowd had no idea what I was talking about - but some did.
DjSyndic8 6:19 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
Sure did.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

It's hard to reproduce, because it doesn't always happen. And happens after several hours so I don't get it when practising.

Last night tho I told the MC who's show it was to tell a couple jokes real quick - then said fuck it and did a quick rant about Serato falling off... course most of the crowd had no idea what I was talking about - but some did.

DAAAAAAM lol whatta crack up bro .....you tell em bro :)
DjSyndic8 6:27 PM - 27 May, 2016
have you changed your "buffer size to 2ms or 5ms you probably have it on 1ms ?
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 27 May, 2016
I want to find out if this is a known issue before I start what might be a long ass process of elimination. Might try that...

Normally trouble shooting isn't that hard for me to do... Last time I was in this position was way back when I started with Serato Video.... I was getting a crash 4 hours in. 1AM crash, two weeks in a row. Lost a weekly over that bullshit. And took forever for Serato tell me what it was... switched to ME...
DjSyndic8 8:18 PM - 27 May, 2016
I just read a few threads online and this seems to have fixed it sounds like it does this when theres too much processing going on in the back ground ie. anti virus other software running in the background... but raising the buffer size will ease up on the processor you wont see too much difference in the latency
938MyDJ 10:52 PM - 27 May, 2016
I didn't see any eqipment/hardware/specs on your posts above.

If you're using Windows that could be the problem.

Or El Capitan on Mac with outdated firmware/driver.
AKIEM 3:09 AM - 28 May, 2016
OS10.9 2Ghz i7 8GB / Rane57mkii

no video, or extra software/hardware
no key lock or effects more than some delay

Im not getting dropouts or pushing the cpu. it not specs

its something else.

Just wanted to know if this was common or not. Is anyone else having this issue?

no need to guess. Im not going to start trying to eliminate all possibilities except as a last resort. It is not always reproduced and it takes like 3 or 4 hours to show up.
DeeJay P-Rez423 4:32 AM - 1 June, 2016
I have the same problem brand new mac book pro 2015 model 16 gig ram 2 gig video and 500 ssd.
boogiebears 11:45 AM - 7 June, 2016
..same problem here. can get it to happen 15 mins in by leaving needle on record, sitting idle.

in previous versions, issue was resolvable by loading a new track. in newer versions I have to close out serato DJ to recover from it. it's like serato DJ has a freak out and acts like your needle is broken, but it's not.
dj miguelito 1:25 PM - 11 June, 2016
Same Issue using 1.9.1.
After a 3 hours set both channel sound as if they cutting off. As if a radio station didn't had enough signal.
spofftastic 5:17 AM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
..same problem here. can get it to happen 15 mins in by leaving needle on record, sitting idle.

in previous versions, issue was resolvable by loading a new track. in newer versions I have to close out serato DJ to recover from it. it's like serato DJ has a freak out and acts like your needle is broken, but it's not.

This - Rane 61, 10.5, 1.9.1, MBP late 2013, 1200's. Mine happens at the start of a show and I have to exit serato and restart the computer - log out, hot plug the 61 or all of the above. Getting this exact sound. I have done a ton of music recording and it almost sounds like when the sample rate is different on the daw and interface. Just started to happen too.
AKIEM 7:17 PM - 13 June, 2016
The restarting issue has been happening, maybe 1 out of 25 starts. Sometimes the mixer won't connect, other times just acts like control signal not reaching the software. Guess it could be related. But I haven't got the crackling on start - only after 4 hours or so...
citi 7:48 PM - 13 June, 2016
It sucks but always have a backup iphone or record to switch to. Always. Then you could have restarted your software without stressing.
AKIEM 4:42 AM - 14 June, 2016
Im trying the other usb port. Unfortunately I do more 1 hour sets than 4 hour sets, so I haven't had the chance to run it 4 hours.

so now my ticket is resolved because the crackling did not happen again for me to report that it did.

This is why I made this thread. Trying to find out if other people are having this issue.

I play for an hour or two its fine. Sometimes playing for 4 hours there is no problem, but sometimes there is.

Its going to take forever trying different things out - hoping someone knows the answer...
DeeJay P-Rez423 4:55 AM - 14 June, 2016
When I go to midi devices and remove the Ns7ii it stops. But I still don't know how to prevent it from happening.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:33 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

XP and Scratchlive 1.9.1....going strong...
AKIEM 5:45 PM - 15 June, 2016
Can't knock wha works.

What SHOULD work on the other hand...

Rene 57mkii excellent mixer (software that goes with it has some "issues")
medium russ 8:02 AM - 19 June, 2016
Serato DJ crackles when Using DVS no matter what. They have so many issues with SDJ that they have to create all these sub threads and a purposely non-existent index or search method to see other peoples issues. Serato is doing their best to hide the issues in this way. I'm sure they are trying to fix them, but in the mean time they hide them in separate threads and will try to deal with people one on one which is great but also very time consuming for them.

FIX THE PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU SELL THE PRODUCT

DON'T COME OUT WITH NEW STUFF JUST FOR EACH YEARS NAMM SHOW IF IT IS NOT READY. SKIP A YEAR OR TWO IF YOU NEED TO SERATO.....CONCENTRATE ON ONE THING FOR A BIT - NOW PEOPLE ARE PAYING CRAZY MONEY TO BE QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTERS (A PAID JOB)... WE ARE DOING YOU JOB AND PAYING YOU.

STOP COLLABORATING WITH CONTROLLER/HARDWARE COMPANIES -- DO NOT INTEGRATE THE SOFTWARE WITH THEM BUT INSTEAD CREATE ONE UNIVERSAL MIDI CONTROL PANEL FOR ALL CONTROLLERS. THE SOFTWARE IS GETTING BUGGY AND TOO COMPLICATED BECAUSE OF THIS. AND PLEASE NO FUNCTIONS EXCLUSIVE TO CERTAIN CONTROLLERS.....

GO BACK TO THE INTERFACE BOX AND KEEP IT SIMPLE

I BADLY WANT IT TO WORK FOR DVS
I HAVE TRIED SDJ FOR DVS ON EVERY SINGLE INTERFACE/OPERATING SYSTEM/ MIXER/ VERSION/ YEAR/ MAKE/ MODEL/ HD/ SSD ............ SO DON'T ASK ME MY SPECS PLEASE BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THROUGH PROCESS OF ELIMINATION..... SPECS ARE IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT THIS POINT. THE CRACKLING ISSUE AND GHOST TRACKING PERSISTS.

Nobody is using SDJ with DVS with zero issues. nobody.
Ragman 1:18 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:

You should carry a backup device that can at least keep the music going. Something as simple as a smart phone connected directly to one of your power speakers is better than dead air. I have some hour long mixes on my iPhone that I keep connected to my speaker.
Tommy Deem 1:19 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
Serato DJ crackles when Using DVS no matter what. They have so many issues with SDJ that they have to create all these sub threads and a purposely non-existent index or search method to see other peoples issues. Serato is doing their best to hide the issues in this way. I'm sure they are trying to fix them, but in the mean time they hide them in separate threads and will try to deal with people one on one which is great but also very time consuming for them.

FIX THE PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU SELL THE PRODUCT

DON'T COME OUT WITH NEW STUFF JUST FOR EACH YEARS NAMM SHOW IF IT IS NOT READY. SKIP A YEAR OR TWO IF YOU NEED TO SERATO.....CONCENTRATE ON ONE THING FOR A BIT - NOW PEOPLE ARE PAYING CRAZY MONEY TO BE QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTERS (A PAID JOB)... WE ARE DOING YOU JOB AND PAYING YOU.

STOP COLLABORATING WITH CONTROLLER/HARDWARE COMPANIES -- DO NOT INTEGRATE THE SOFTWARE WITH THEM BUT INSTEAD CREATE ONE UNIVERSAL MIDI CONTROL PANEL FOR ALL CONTROLLERS. THE SOFTWARE IS GETTING BUGGY AND TOO COMPLICATED BECAUSE OF THIS. AND PLEASE NO FUNCTIONS EXCLUSIVE TO CERTAIN CONTROLLERS.....

GO BACK TO THE INTERFACE BOX AND KEEP IT SIMPLE

I BADLY WANT IT TO WORK FOR DVS
I HAVE TRIED SDJ FOR DVS ON EVERY SINGLE INTERFACE/OPERATING SYSTEM/ MIXER/ VERSION/ YEAR/ MAKE/ MODEL/ HD/ SSD ............ SO DON'T ASK ME MY SPECS PLEASE BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THROUGH PROCESS OF ELIMINATION..... SPECS ARE IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT THIS POINT. THE CRACKLING ISSUE AND GHOST TRACKING PERSISTS.

Nobody is using SDJ with DVS with zero issues. nobody.

Not right at all... Works like a charm :)
medium russ 1:23 PM - 19 June, 2016
It is right. Name one professional known DJ using DVS on SDJ....? That's was I thought. Collect your cheque for lying..
Tommy Deem 1:36 PM - 19 June, 2016
It's not lying if sdj dvs works with 0 problems for me :D only lie is that it's not working at all :D professionals... Who use SDJ with DVS, Eskei83 for example :D
AKIEM 4:01 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You should carry a backup device that can at least keep the music going. Something as simple as a smart phone connected directly to one of your power speakers is better than dead air. I have some hour long mixes on my iPhone that I keep connected to my speaker.

No. Serato should fix the problems.

Yes, I have a phone and carry 1/4" cable. Sometimes I have an ipad, sometimes I have serato pressings with music on one side. And I know how to start itunes.

But that doesn't help when I'm backing a MC. It would be pretty stupid to play some dance music in the middle of a rap show.

It also wouldn't be that great to play some dance music in the middle of a set with a band I work with. And there are several other situations....

I played on Scratch Live since 1.4 never needing a back up until a similar situation with video, 1AM and SVJ would crash. I have no idea if they ever fixed that bug because I started using ME and never once even powered on Serato Video since.

anyway....
Ragman 4:33 PM - 19 June, 2016
Ok first of all chill the f**k out. I'm talking to you mobile DJ to mobile DJ. DJ software companies and equipment manufacturers have nothing to do with us being prepared for bad shit that happens at a gig. That's on us and that's all I'm pointing out. We get paid to perform not come up with excuses. A client could get a rats ass about Serato's app being faulty. You didn't mention a backup so I was just making a friendly suggestion.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:49 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
No. Serato should fix the problems....

This....
WarpNote 6:05 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
It is right. Name one professional known DJ using DVS on SDJ....? That's was I thought. Collect your cheque for lying..

Jazzy Jeff, Skratch Bastid
WarpNote 6:12 PM - 19 June, 2016
BTW, I have a high specced mbp 15" retina. That machine never had any issues with SDJ. However, Its currently in for repairs (cracked screen), and I bought a base model 13" (101A type). It came preinstalled with El Cap, and its a clusterf... All kinds of issues with SDJ and the 62, intall issues, crackling and unstable.
With my S9 its better, but still not stable (major crashes). With my DJM900SRT it has been stable, but the install had a bunch of issues in the beginning (3 restarts before the DVS would work.) For now, the most stable solution for this machine has been SSL 2.5 with the 62 !
Gonna try my SL4, Akai AMX, and the DDJ-SX next....
Mr. Goodkat 6:40 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:

doesnt a-trak use it?
Mr. Goodkat 6:47 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
For now, the most stable solution for this machine has been SSL 2.5 with the 62 !

its crazy that were at that point. i accidentally opened sdj before my gig, thought about using it for about 5 seconds, promptly closed it and opened SSL. 4 hrs later in 90 degree heat, no problems. #ssl4life
DeeJay P-Rez423 6:48 PM - 19 June, 2016
This is clearly a software issues. I have the same problem as everyone else. And a brand new Mac book pro 15 inch paid close to 3 grand I also have my mac optimized for DJing.
Detroitbootybass 6:49 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
doesnt a-trak use it?

He mainly uses Traktor, but he has said that he fools around with Serato DJ from time to time to keep informed of the changes in the software.
Mr. Goodkat 6:50 PM - 19 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
doesnt a-trak use it?

He mainly uses Traktor, but he has said that he fools around with Serato DJ from time to time to keep informed of the changes in the software.

are u sure? the last time he played where im at he used sdj and he conisistenly used the ddj sp1 which he could map to traktor but i doubt it.
Mr. Goodkat 6:53 PM - 19 June, 2016
plus hes been videoing with the DJM s9 as well

www.facebook.com
Tommy Deem 9:10 PM - 19 June, 2016
Back to software again. If serato dj is crappy as an software. Then everyone should have the same problems with it right?? If it was about the software. But then how is it that there are great numbers of dj's that have flawless performance with serato dj. Is our copy of the software somehow different than u guys who can't make it work more than one hour?? I think not. So if we all have the same software and others have issues, dosent normal reasoning say that the problems are user and hardware related. Again for example, my student bought mixtrack pro 3 and it didn't work with serato at all... Well hooked it up to my laptop and it did work with 0 problems.... What was the difference was the hardware she was using the sdj and the non optimized setup of os... Just saying, if we all have sdj and we all have major problems with it... Its the software. But when some of us has 0 problems... The problem is somewhere else right?? Or does serato magically have better and worse copys of the software to download from the same link?? ;)
AKIEM 2:06 AM - 20 June, 2016
Quote:
Back to software again. If serato dj is crappy as an software. Then everyone should have the same problems with it right?? If it was about the software. But then how is it that there are great numbers of dj's that have flawless performance with serato dj. Is our copy of the software somehow different than u guys who can't make it work more than one hour?? I think not. So if we all have the same software and others have issues, dosent normal reasoning say that the problems are user and hardware related. Again for example, my student bought mixtrack pro 3 and it didn't work with serato at all... Well hooked it up to my laptop and it did work with 0 problems.... What was the difference was the hardware she was using the sdj and the non optimized setup of os... Just saying, if we all have sdj and we all have major problems with it... Its the software. But when some of us has 0 problems... The problem is somewhere else right?? Or does serato magically have better and worse copys of the software to download from the same link?? ;)

Your logic is quite flawed here. If we all had the same exact laptops, with the same exact os, the same plugins, and the same hardware, and we all used it exactly the same way for the same durstion.... then you would have a point.

There are many combinations of setups and workflows. It could be a particular combination which results in the crackling and still be the software at fault.

It might not be the software - but I am starting with the most likely suspect...

Actually I started with a simple one which is try different cables.... I started this thread to see if there were other people with the exact same problem and if it has already been solved.

Unfortunately I'm using a Rane57mkii and can't just switch back to SSL. I would, and if the crackling never came back I would be pretty sure about it being SDJ and not the Rane.

Either way, process of elimination to find something that is not always repeated under the 'same' circumstances and takes four or five hours to start happening is pretty difficult.

Last time I set up an auto play midi system which mimicked my work flow and let it run over night.
AKIEM 2:22 AM - 20 June, 2016
Quote:
Ok first of all chill the f**k out. I'm talking to you mobile DJ to mobile DJ. DJ software companies and equipment manufacturers have nothing to do with us being prepared for bad shit that happens at a gig. That's on us and that's all I'm pointing out. We get paid to perform not come up with excuses. A client could get a rats ass about Serato's app being faulty. You didn't mention a backup so I was just making a friendly suggestion.

I didn't know I was hyped, thought I was chill... lol

Im not a mobile dj (not sure how that meters) and I dont see how I came up with any excuses here. I'm proactively trying to solve the problem. And I'm certainly not talking to a client here.... am I?

As far as excuses.... I pay for whats supposed to be professional equipment and software, and expect it to perform that way. If the problem is SDJ, this is unacceptable. When I started with SSL back in 2004 there would be some dropouts and crashes, but eventually it was so stable I would regularly play out with beta versions. SDJ at this point should be that stable, especially building on SSL not from the ground up.

Either way, this has nothing to do with being prepared. The question is it common, known, and solvable (or not) or is it something particular about my system and/or work flow.
DJ Tecniq 2:35 AM - 20 June, 2016
SDJ was never built from the ground up. A lot claim this but it was merged with Itch. Sam himself said this when DVS was coming to SDJ. They merged Itch and Scratchlive to create SDJ. If it was built from the ground up I'm sure we'd see very different performance. I think the main causes of SDJ is the CPU.
citi 5:57 AM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:

LOL, I just saw DJ Spider in Sacramento kill it using Serato DJ. I know he was using Serato DJ because I went on before him and we were using an S9.
citi 5:59 AM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

doesnt a-trak use it?

YES, every video he has made in 3 weeks is on an S9 and he used it at EDC.