Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato dj with DJM 900 NSX2

jeffk 2:27 PM - 18 May, 2016
I just found out I'm playing a club this weekend that has a DJM900 NSX 2 and CDJ 2000 NSX 2s installed. I currently use and own DJM900 NSX with the Club Kit, and CDJ 1000s, and it all works great.

I know Serato has not claimed support for the 900 NSX2 , but curious if anyone has tried Serato DJ with the club kit on it.

I am planning to just use my SL3 with control CDs, but it would be less hassle in the booth to not have to go that way.
DJ Jonasty 8:03 PM - 18 May, 2016
I would probably just copy some playlists to a usb via Rekordbox. and enjoy the full potential of that setup. Using control CDs is just awful and I'm not sure why you would want to go thru that hassle. Unless of course you need waveforms then it makes sense.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:09 PM - 18 May, 2016
i been using Rekordbox DJ and it works AMAZING!! in HID mode! i used rekordbuddy to convert all my crates over it also converted my cues loops beatgrids colours ect.
jeffk 8:59 PM - 18 May, 2016
"Using control CDs is just awful" Really? I suppose its all relative I suppose and I appreciate that opinion, but I'm still looking for a reply to my original post.

I installed record box the other nite to start playing with it and would like to move my crates / library over, but there is no simple way to do that efficiently. Record Buddy Beta is closed so I can't get a copy to go that route and just putting my music on thumb dives is space limiting and information deficient.

I like my full library available and the nice Serato interface when I play out, and I can't always be sure that the higher end supported CDJs will be available, so with Serato, I can still use TTs if needed :-)

Its not a big deal to use my SL3. It only takes a min to set it up but it is a bit clunky in the booth.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:10 PM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
Record Buddy Beta is closed so I can't get a copy

Yep and this sucks if you had that you would be sorted.
jeffk 9:13 PM - 18 May, 2016
If Pioneer was smart, they should just buy the company, and give it away with Rekordbox.
SirForce 9:14 PM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
If Pioneer was smart, they should just buy the company, and give it away with Rekordbox.

+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:16 PM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

+1

For sure, but they would take away going back the other way. Hopefully it's released soon.
SirForce 9:20 PM - 18 May, 2016
SDJ and DJM900NXS2 / CDJ2000NXS2 are not working yet. I have used the 2000NXS2 with Control tone and Rane 62 though. No HID, or Audio support via Club Kit as of today. There are requests in the serato forums for these devices.
jeffk 1:49 AM - 19 May, 2016
Thanks SirForce.
You ever have a chance to plug your Cerotto running laptop into the USB port of a DJM 900 NSX2 mixer ?
jeffk 2:52 AM - 19 May, 2016
Serato that is. Damn Siri.
SirForce 8:40 PM - 21 May, 2016
Quote:
Thanks SirForce.
You ever have a chance to plug your Cerotto running laptop into the USB port of a DJM 900 NSX2 mixer ?

I own a complete NXS2 setup, I have not actually tried club kit but I don't anticipate it will work - no mention of official support, I'll post up a video when I have a moment.
deejdave 9:14 PM - 21 May, 2016
It does not work.
ankit 9:54 PM - 21 May, 2016
Unfortunately, there is no HID control for NXS2 yet and there is no word of response from Serato as to when can we expect it.
I have these new players installed at my club for over last three months and I struggle with my keyboard to play alongside the Ipad App to make things a little less miserable.
djhydro 10:29 PM - 23 May, 2016
Please add HID for the Nexus 2
Serato, Support
Marcus S 4:12 AM - 25 May, 2016
Hey there everyone,

Serato doesn't currently have a date for USB compatibility with the DJM-900NXS2 or the CDJ-2000 NXS2. Please keep an eye out on our social media and email for updates.
SirForce 5:30 PM - 26 May, 2016
Quote:
....DJM-900NXS2 or the CDJ-2000 NXS2. Please keep an eye out on our social media and email for updates.

Thanks for the official word...

I like the sound of that...sooner than later right? If that's club kit update I'll be buying that!
DJ Yaitanis 11:07 AM - 29 June, 2016
have there been any updates to this clubs are already upgrading to the NSX2 - can you stop grinding your political axe and work on this much needed support? pft!
Mr. Goodkat 11:34 PM - 29 June, 2016
Quote:
have there been any updates to this clubs are already upgrading to the NSX2 - can you stop grinding your political axe and work on this much needed support? pft!

you think serato doesnt want to make money selling the club kit ?

might wanna yell at pioneer bout trying to bully the industry
amsioso 8:27 AM - 15 September, 2016
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com
Serato, Support
Marcus S 9:04 PM - 11 October, 2016
Hey there everyone,

We've just announced support for the DJM-900 NXS2 by the end of this year:

serato.com
amsioso 9:33 PM - 11 October, 2016
Thanks Marcus.
DJ Yaitanis 9:22 PM - 16 October, 2016
WE JUST ANNOUNCED SUPPORT

oh by the end of this year maybe next
ankit 10:43 AM - 21 October, 2016