Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Dj Crashing everytime i open it

Jordan12832 12:19 AM - 18 May, 2016
a couple weeks ago i was fine until like 2 weeks ago my serrate starts crashing out of now where on my mac it only stays open for about 2-3 minutes and then it crashes and asks me if i want to report it i have open a support thing with serrate and they have not reply so maybe someone can help I'm currently running 10.11.14 on my mac and i have a pioneer ddj sr it crashes when i connect it and when its not connected as well
DJ Tecniq 12:56 AM - 18 May, 2016
Have you tried removing and reinstalling it?
Jordan12832 1:53 AM - 18 May, 2016
Yeah tried reinstalling the v2 file and also reinstall the whole program
DJ Tecniq 4:14 AM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
Yeah tried reinstalling the v2 file and also reinstall the whole program
and have you tried different versions of SDJ?
Erez Kalka 12:45 PM - 18 May, 2016
DJ K.

I have this problem too and i recognize that is because i use external hard drive with track on it and SDJ save the backups also in the external hard drive.

So, the solution is to delete the 2 serato folders in the main system (usually in the music folder) and then restart serato again- it should work.

By the way, this problem began from version 1.9.0.
Jordan12832 2:49 PM - 18 May, 2016
I will try this and let you know
JayDJ130 5:13 PM - 18 May, 2016
I've been having similar issues off and on. Using a different version of SDJ sometimes helps. Sometimes a restart of the computer helps. When all that fails Scratch Live has saved the day.
Jordan12832 6:50 PM - 18 May, 2016
does scratch live work with pioneer ddi sr
Jordan12832 6:50 PM - 18 May, 2016
and i tried all these methods and nothing imm try scratch live
DJ Tecniq 7:05 PM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
does scratch live work with pioneer ddi sr
Umfortunately no Scratchlive is only a DVS software it's not for controllers. I think SDJ has issues with certain external drives. This is never a problem with SSL.
DJ Tecniq 7:05 PM - 18 May, 2016
Unfortunately*
Jordan12832 11:15 PM - 18 May, 2016
well I've tried everything and nothing UGHH
DJ Tecniq 11:32 PM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
Have you tried using without the external plugged in? If your drive is not in the correct file format it may have problems with SDJ esp reading/writing.
Jordan12832 1:37 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Have you tried using without the external plugged in? If your drive is not in the correct file format it may have problems with SDJ esp reading/writing.

I will try but in that case if its that what do j do?
DJ Tecniq 4:28 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well first find out what format the drive is in you can right click on the drive and find out this info. Curious what external are you using? If it is not compatible with Mac then you will have nothing but problems with it.
Jordan12832 7:03 PM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well first find out what format the drive is in you can right click on the drive and find out this info. Curious what external are you using? If it is not compatible with Mac then you will have nothing but problems with it.
i have a segate and it is compatible but i will check if serato works with out it
Jordan12832 1:06 AM - 20 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i have a segate and it is compatible but i will check if serato works with out it

well i know its not the external hard drive because i tried with out it and it crashed it says Serato Dj Version 1.9.1 Copyright 2012 Serato Audio Research. quit unexpectedly.
Erez Kalka 9:17 AM - 20 May, 2016
Did you try to delete the 2 serato backup folders in the music directory?
Try to do so and restart serato again.
Tell me if it solve your problem.

Backup your folders to disk on key before you delete them so you can use them afterwards.
Jordan12832 3:11 PM - 21 May, 2016
Quote:
Did you try to delete the 2 serato backup folders in the music directory?
Try to do so and restart serato again.
Tell me if it solve your problem.

Backup your folders to disk on key before you delete them so you can use them afterwards.

wouldn't that delete my music?
Erez Kalka 1:07 PM - 23 May, 2016
No. only serato data stores in that folders but copy those folders first to another drive, then delete them, restart your serato and it should open ok.
Now serato build new folders again and you can copy the data you need to those folders.

I hope this could help you.
ernie 3:44 AM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

+1
saichthedj 10:26 AM - 12 October, 2016
i just cleared all my stuff and reinstalled windows and am good now no errors no nothin.just format the whole computer