Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

News: Are DJ mixes safe on Soundcloud?

9:51 PM, 17 May 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djdomohudson 2:14 AM - 18 May, 2016
Have had one DJ mix left alone on soundcloud, and every other one I uploaded there since was removed due to copyright infringement. I'm left to wonder why the former does not breach copyright, but everything after does. I will be looking for an alternative platform to upload music to, and will likely join Mixcloud to do this.
Dj Ed (jfsr) 7:00 AM - 18 May, 2016
mixcrate.com is also a great alternative.
DJ Frank Stallone 7:38 PM - 18 May, 2016
zippyshare works for me. Even has a built-in player for sharing
Dj Diamond Lee 7:32 PM - 26 May, 2016
Sorry Soudcloud but when you take down a Dj mixes, it means you dont appreciate the DJ. Sound cloud has been taking down my mixes for over 4 years now. Been on mixcloud and mixcrate and its much better. I dont get the same exposure but I make mixes that I would listen to. This process has helped me become more creative. No to sound cloud.
sullysull75 10:05 PM - 30 May, 2016
I left soundcloud, because they are notorious for removing your media. I have done remix mashups and they have removed them. I had mixcloud before soundcloud and now i upload everything to mixcloud. the ONE thing soundcloud has over mixcloud , is that they will let you download content.
ChrisNeon 2:11 AM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Sorry Soudcloud but when you take down a Dj mixes, it means you dont appreciate the DJ. Sound cloud has been taking down my mixes for over 4 years now. Been on mixcloud and mixcrate and its much better. I dont get the same exposure but I make mixes that I would listen to. This process has helped me become more creative. No to sound cloud.

Same here... I make mixes and listen to them in my car everywhere I go. Also, to be more creative on some changes I should have made or what I can do better next time.
ChrisNeon 2:13 AM - 31 May, 2016
One thing I always do is make my mixes downloadable and feed friendly. Also, never charge a penny. I don't want to make money via soundcloud. Exposure is key!
wildchild6907 7:53 AM - 31 May, 2016
YEP SOUNDCLOUD IS FULL OF CRAP...THEY TOOK DOWN MIXES I DID 2 YEARS AGO ALL OF A SUDDEN AND I TRIED TO UPLOAD A MIX AND I GOT HIT WITH THE NONSENSE....IM DONE WITH SOUNDCLOUD....THEY ARE FULL OF DOO DOO BUTTER!!!!!!
ChrisNeon 4:07 AM - 2 June, 2016
Did you guys not see what Deadmaus posted about them haha
seratodj1.6.2 8:46 AM - 6 June, 2016
Good site for posting your mix tapes , sets , podcast or single tracks.
DJ La Formula 2:59 PM - 6 August, 2016
MixCrate & MixCloud, FTW!.

I Had a Music App Back when i had the time to keep up with it.. not too long ago i deleted it... I used to upload my mixes to Soundcloud and from there stream them through my app.... All of the sudden the Mixes were taken down one by one.. And Notices after notices about Copyright bs.. Not like I'm selling them, that is crazy.. So talking to other djs, i was guided to use Mixcrate and or Mixcloud.. Both Worked Amazingly.. never a Problem..
seratodj1.6.2 3:32 AM - 8 August, 2016
Soundcloud is ok, ut all depends on how you get your tracks and how good of a DJ you are. Ive had a couple of my mixes removed. But nothing wrong w that. I just didnt get approval from the producer if i could play, mix , dj , or post a mix w there music in it.
Its all good.
Dj Slick E
drake nicholson 2:59 AM - 12 October, 2016
Sound is safe , but great article :)
seratodj1.6.2 4:57 AM - 12 October, 2016
SoundCloud has removed a few of my mix sets, 30 min - 2hr mix set. As long as I have permission from the producer. I've had no problem w SoundCloud. The ones that were taken down are the ones where I didn't get approval from producer.

SoundCloud works well for me . Dj Slick E
seratodj1.6.2 4:59 AM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
Soundcloud is ok, ut all depends on how you get your tracks and how good of a DJ you are. Ive had a couple of my mixes removed. But nothing wrong w that. I just didnt get approval from the producer if i could play, mix , dj , or post a mix w there music in it.
Its all good.
Dj Slick E

True that
DJNikPopa 5:14 AM - 12 November, 2016
I had mixes/edits that even the label would distribute to other DJs from my various radio shows and all but 2 are down from over 20. . . .
diabolical 1:36 AM - 30 March, 2017
Anyone having problem with takedowns is welcome to upload their tracks at Mixolicious (mixolicious.com). We don't do automatic takedowns and are currently offering free accounts. I'm leaving a bunch of invites here...

DUFN9VY5OB
AIMWPSKDFV
A01XUJSZHJ
F4VHG6HE9E
P0JYCTMF4I
seratodj1.6.2 11:34 AM - 1 April, 2017
Thanks for opening or introducing a new place for me to drop my mixes, tapes, podcast .
amandaw 1:49 AM - 13 August, 2017
I had Soundcloud before because it was easy to use and I didn't have any problem uploading media. But they suddenly took everything down! Uggh! Those were memorable pieces, the first mixes I did with Spark DJ. A DJ friend of mine recommended downloading this app from party.dj and I started doing music mashups, most of I uploaded on Soundcloud. But they've been removed and it looks like the site did not appreicate my efforts.