Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

#DJLife: Ear Protection

10:33 PM, 16 May 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djbabyroo 2:23 AM - 17 May, 2016
earlove.net

they are designed for djs, they have a flat response and you can wear them while using your headphones.

I love them and use them every week.
DjSyndic8 8:53 AM - 17 May, 2016
how is it Ive been a dj for over 20 years worked in clubs with some loud sound sytem which makes your ears ring for a couple of days and my hearing is so good I can hear someones phone ring in the club.
Deejay Luss 8:47 PM - 17 May, 2016
I purchased a Subpac M2. It's a tactile subwoofer backpack. Combined with my in-ear headphones I manage to have a relative low volume and totally be in the music. Definitely improved my sets.
not of your business 4:27 AM - 18 May, 2016
I suffer from a small tinnitus, product of 25 years of dijing and production, but I did always the best I could to protect my ears. When I play in the Clubs, I tend to basically low down the monitor speakers to the very minimum, and use ear plugs before and after (I can't get used to have them while performing). This had protect me for years,and it's something I didn't do in early years. Today there's simply no excuse to not protect yourself. Even clubbers should use some protection too...
DjSyndic8 7:06 AM - 18 May, 2016
Quote:
I suffer from a small tinnitus, product of 25 years of dijing and production, but I did always the best I could to protect my ears. When I play in the Clubs, I tend to basically low down the monitor speakers to the very minimum, and use ear plugs before and after (I can't get used to have them while performing). This had protect me for years,and it's something I didn't do in early years. Today there's simply no excuse to not protect yourself. Even clubbers should use some protection too...

I always carry some earplugs in my bag just in case your right next to a very loud monitor
djsurr advani 1:24 PM - 20 May, 2016
i been djing past 26 yrs was a recordist before so almost so many yrs best i dont listen to music only when i m in studio when teach djing to students in my studio-i only listen to music or hear when i m teaching or playing in gigs-yes keeping my self safe without headphones when i am resting -yes long use of headphones canlead to several problems-keep safe my dear friends unnecessary use of heapdhones should be provided.
ernie 2:53 PM - 20 May, 2016
I also suffer tinnitus for 2 years now ringing in the ears high pitched noise… i still DJ and now i always wear a musicians ear plugs.. it's very important to protect your ears from loud music… this tinnitus is very anoying and for some people with severe tinnitus they commit suicide my advice is protect your ears now before it's too late.
ernie 2:56 PM - 20 May, 2016
Quote:
i also suffer from tinnitus 2 years now and it's hard to get used too the high pitched sounds.. i still DJ with earplugs
Garrison (DJ G) 2:10 AM - 30 May, 2016
I have been in the music industry for a while now and this has been one of my greatest concerns as my career continues. One of the ways that I am working to mediate this issue is that I have a custom pair of ear plugs from 64 Ears (www.64audio.com) and I have a pair of their custom IEMs (In Ear Monitors). I love both of these products because with the IEMs I can totally control what is coming into my ears; wether that includes crowd noise, house systems, or on stage monitors. I highly recommend all DJs to check out IEMs!
pakothiam 1:20 AM - 31 May, 2016
I'm sound engineer in club, working 5 days/ week my desk is in the Dj booth.
Only Some night I can have some breaks when we are not busy.
Really worry about my ears.
ChrisNeon 2:05 AM - 31 May, 2016
Thanks for all the great info guys. I am still fairly new and this is something I never really thought about. From bumping my music in my car as a teen till now in my 30's and dj'n for fun. I will take your advice and start protecting my drums.

Thanks Again.
Wedding DJ France 1:45 PM - 31 May, 2016
A common sense article and great to see Serato thinking about our poor lugholes.....sorry what did you say? ....