Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

getting a new mac

kangel-c 6:35 AM - 16 May, 2016
i'm planning on buying a new computer, but i wanna know if the one i want (macbook pro 15" with retina display) would work perfect with serato dj,serato video using ddjsx and numark ns72 my main concert is that the new macbook pro has usb 3.0 ports are these going to be compatible with my controllers, and serato video?
DJ Tecniq 1:34 AM - 17 May, 2016
Quote:
i'm planning on buying a new computer, but i wanna know if the one i want (macbook pro 15" with retina display) would work perfect with serato dj,serato video using ddjsx and numark ns72 my main concert is that the new macbook pro has usb 3.0 ports are these going to be compatible with my controllers, and serato video?
Yes it should be plenty. However some devices are not playing with with apple's latest OSX El Capitan. But both your products are supported so you shouldn't have issues. I would recommend trying to get a 2014 Macbook Pro model as these come installed with Yosemite and not El Capitan.
DJ Tecniq 1:34 AM - 17 May, 2016
with = well*
DJ Tecniq 1:38 AM - 17 May, 2016
For example this specific model would run Serato/Video with a breeze. You definitely want a Macbook Pro as these run video best.

www.bestbuy.com
DJ Tecniq 1:40 AM - 17 May, 2016
Here's another choice.
www.bestbuy.com
DJ Baby Boy 1:46 AM - 17 May, 2016
Whichever option you decide to go with make sure that you are getting one with a dedicated graphics card and not one with intel iris only ... The 2.5 & 2.8 models (current) both have dedicated graphics
kangel-c 5:00 PM - 21 May, 2016
Thanks everybody for your help!