Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recommendations for USB Midi controller for DVS system

RodneyNZ 3:48 PM - 12 May, 2016
hi Guys
Does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable off board midi controller for my DVS set up (Akai AMX and 1200s)
I just really want to use for starting from set cue points, and easily starting and stopping auto loops (either 8, 16 or 32). I dont really think Id need any other functionality.
Ive been looking at Akai AFX, or the Reloop Neon, Denon DN-HC1000 or the Novation Dicers. All of these can be purchased from around £60 to £80 which is my budget. Was originally thinking of the Serato Remote app but at £15 Id rather a dedicated controller incase I move away from Serato (assuming Serato Remote can only be used with Serato and that the other controllers would possibly work with other DJ software)

Is there any other product I should be looking at?

Thanks
mfshva7 6:43 PM - 12 May, 2016
Buy a old Chep iPad and use Serato Remote
deejdave 7:31 PM - 12 May, 2016
AFX for the streamline fit with the AFX or the n.i. Kontrol X1 Mki and midi map yourself.
Chuy V 5:34 AM - 13 May, 2016
Hey RodneyNZ,

You might want to take a look a the DJ tech ctrl controller. I got for around $40 at PSSL, works great with SSL and SDJ.

Susu'n (a.k.a. Chuy)
Marv Incredible 11:45 AM - 13 May, 2016
Save a bit more money and get yourself a DDJ-SP1
deejdave 2:04 PM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
Save a bit more money and get yourself a DDJ-SP1

Would be my suggestion but anyone with limited funds probably already considered this but is seeking an alternate path. I stand by the X1 suggestion. If you even search the forums here you will see owners speaking very highly of it.
soul63 12:45 AM - 14 May, 2016
x1 or amx..if you decide to use traktor as well then the x1 is ready to go..i do have the afx and x1mk2...but i use the x1 over the afx with serato for the following reasons..mapping,cant map the afx,dedicated play pause buttons for each deck without having to switch decks..spacing on the x1 between effect knobs plus height of the knobs easier to use..oh and silent rubber buttons if using a mic..none of this may apply to you..but worth considering imo
soul63 12:45 AM - 14 May, 2016
*afx
RodneyNZ 2:59 PM - 25 May, 2016
thanks for the suggestions. After moving back to my DDJ I realise how much easier it is to us so am defo in the market for the right type of midi controller to use with my AMX DVS system
spike12 4:01 PM - 25 May, 2016
I have the AFX, my biggest gripe with it is that you have to switch the button for cues on either deck.. if you're not careful this can lead to huge mess ups. What it does do well is FX, gives you good control over 6 efx and which deck you apply them to.
AMO (Sonicbreaks UK) 5:24 PM - 25 May, 2016
DICERS
DICERS
DICERS
DICERS
GET SOME NOVATION DICERS!!!!!!!!!
sorry for shouting but surely the simplest, cheapest, easiest to use, least intrusive midi device for Serato DJ and SSL has to be Novation Dicers.
£69 new
Hot cues, loops and rolls.
Perfect for 1200's as they locate in the corner where the 45 adapter sits.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:58 PM - 25 May, 2016
If all you're doing is cue points and a few auto loops then I'd highly reccomend the dicers.

Coming from someone who owns the DDJ-SP1, DNHC1000S and dicers

I'd steer away from them if using CDJs though as they're much harder to mount. A dream with turntables with their 45 adapters
DJ Matty Stiles 7:00 PM - 25 May, 2016
Ps I wish pioneer would release a DDJ-SP2 with coloured lights like reloop
938MyDJ 7:35 PM - 25 May, 2016
I was hoping for an SP2 before too. But now that Rekordbox DJ is out I feel less chances for this to happen.
deejdave 10:38 PM - 25 May, 2016
+1 SP2
+1 doubtful it will see the light of day................ :(
DJ Ed Wong 1:11 AM - 26 May, 2016
Quote:
n.i. Kontrol X1 Mki and midi map yourself.

hmmm - that looks like it works better for my "workflow"....
deejdave 1:39 AM - 26 May, 2016
Still my favorite non native controller for Serato to this day due to its layout and features.