Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What is this crap?

DJ Tecniq 4:58 AM - 12 May, 2016
Everytime when I click my profile on Serato's website I get this chat crap. Did you guys get hacked or something? I took a screenshot what the hell is this.
www.dropbox.com
DJ Tecniq 5:00 AM - 12 May, 2016
Am I the only one this is happening to. I'm using my iPhone and lately this chat crap pops up when I click my profile to check forum messages and whatnot...๐Ÿค” what is going on
DJ Tecniq 5:09 AM - 12 May, 2016
I would of posted this in the "website discussion" but there isn't an area for that. It's just really annoying and I found it only happens when I'm clicking my profile on my phone?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:26 AM - 12 May, 2016
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Thanks for the report, unfortunately I can't reproduce what you are seeing. Can you please tell me:

โ€ข What iPhone are you using?
โ€ข What is the exact link you are clicking on?

Cheers,
Michael.
DjSyndic8 5:37 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
I would of posted this in the "website discussion" but there isn't an area for that. It's just really annoying and I found it only happens when I'm clicking my profile on my phone?

sounds like your getting mad pop ups try using a different browser on your iphone chrome or firefox
DJ Tecniq 5:58 AM - 12 May, 2016
I'm just using google on an iPhone 5s with the last iOS update it is driving me crazy๐Ÿ˜
DJ Tecniq 6:02 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

sounds like your getting mad pop ups try using a different browser on your iphone chrome or firefox
It is def not a pop up this never happens on any other website or forum but Serato. I'm just clicking my profile like every other forum member and it redirects me to this chat site?
DjSyndic8 6:43 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is def not a pop up this never happens on any other website or forum but Serato. I'm just clicking my profile like every other forum member and it redirects me to this chat site?

yip its a spam pop up you need to clean your cache on your browser but you have to use a different browser then the one you are using try firefox
DjSyndic8 6:44 AM - 12 May, 2016
this has nothing to do with the serato website trust me
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:03 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Everytime when I click my profile on Serato's website I get this chat crap. Did you guys get hacked or something? I took a screenshot what the hell is this.
www.dropbox.com

Yes i am having the same when i get the blue notification banner and click it this chat opens up only started happening last couple of days.

Iphone 6 Safari browser ios 9.3.1
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:05 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
this has nothing to do with the serato website trust me

Well if does as it's the only site this opens on.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:06 AM - 12 May, 2016
This is the link it opens v2.zopim.com
DjSyndic8 8:33 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:

dont click the link youll end up getting the same issue
DjSyndic8 8:37 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:

you shouldn't post spam links here not cool bro now all the other iphone users will probably have the same issue you had
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:15 AM - 12 May, 2016
It looks like the issue has gone today guess Serato fixed it already after this post was made.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:16 AM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

you shouldn't post spam links here not cool bro now all the other iphone users will probably have the same issue you had

Because it's cool for Serato site to open these ๐Ÿ™„
DJ Tecniq 1:42 PM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Yes i am having the same when i get the blue notification banner and click it this chat opens up only started happening last couple of days.

Iphone 6 Safari browser ios 9.3.1
Now I don't feel like such an asshole that is the exact same link I get when clicking my profile to check forum messages. Then the link redirects me to this chat thing and I have to hit the back button to go back to the forum. Doesn not matter if my cache is clean or not it still happens...and it is random not everytime I click the area of my profile.
deejdave 4:22 PM - 12 May, 2016
Had the same thing happening and it waS on serato's end. They had a link using zendesk chat a few months ago and this seems to be the same or similar just undesired. Nobody is posting spam here.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 PM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Had the same thing happening and it waS on serato's end. They had a link using zendesk chat a few months ago and this seems to be the same or similar just undesired. Nobody is posting spam here.
Preachhhh!!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:34 PM - 12 May, 2016
Hey guys,

This may indeed be to do with us, but it definitely shouldn't be happening. Like Michael though, I also can't reproduce it and all our back-end settings appear to be in order.

Are you still seeing it Tecniq? I'm thinking it was a temporary glitch when we updated something, but I'll take a deeper look if anyone's still seeing it.

Cheers, Aaron
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:44 PM - 12 May, 2016
So Aaron when is the admin gonna clean up the forums been a mess with spam for months
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:46 PM - 12 May, 2016
I've not seen it once today yet.
DJ Tecniq 10:22 PM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
So Aaron when is the admin gonna clean up the forums been a mess with spam for months
No shit right...ban those fuckers
DJ Tecniq 10:24 PM - 12 May, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

This may indeed be to do with us, but it definitely shouldn't be happening. Like Michael though, I also can't reproduce it and all our back-end settings appear to be in order.

Are you still seeing it Tecniq? I'm thinking it was a temporary glitch when we updated something, but I'll take a deeper look if anyone's still seeing it.

Cheers, Aaron
It has not happened yet but literally has been going on for like a month. Why does it always has to be me to complain lol. Hopefully it's fixed.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:26 PM - 12 May, 2016
Ah cool, good to know thanks Tecniq. I have some thoughts about what might have caused it and if right, you shouldn't see it again. Let me know if you do though.

We're always tweaking our spam detection to capture everything we can, but the best way to help with this is to report anything you see. This not only gets rid of the particular instance, but also helps our web team get across any new methods the spammers are using and adjust our detection.

Cheers, Aaron
DjSyndic8 2:20 AM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
It has not happened yet but literally has been going on for like a month. Why does it always has to be me to complain lol. Hopefully it's fixed.

I had a look into it and "Zopim" is a Website chat program that may or may not be incorporated into a website.... or you can download free from Itunes store,
DJ Tecniq 5:44 AM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I had a look into it and "Zopim" is a Website chat program that may or may not be incorporated into a website.... or you can download free from Itunes store,
I have never even heard of it not downloaded it. Glad I wasn't the only one with this issue.
DJ Tecniq 6:08 PM - 13 May, 2016
Apparently it has not been fixed I just clicked "tracked discussions" and it bright up that chat crap again...๐Ÿ™„
DJ Tecniq 6:08 PM - 13 May, 2016
Brought*
DjSyndic8 7:25 PM - 13 May, 2016
any one tried a different browser with ad block in it like "FIREFOX" Browser anyone any one anyone ?????????????? no ones listening
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:27 PM - 13 May, 2016
Only used safari on ios and that has add block on. Iv not had it once today tho. Maybe you just have to press it in a certain place.
DjSyndic8 7:29 PM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
Only used safari on ios and that has add block on. Iv not had it once today tho. Maybe you just have to press it in a certain place.

I know you use safari thats where the problem is I'm just wondering if using a different browser will fix the issue cause we all know the problem is on Safari...... all you iphone users use Safari
DjSyndic8 7:36 PM - 13 May, 2016
..use firefox with the Noscript add-on and block zopim.com's java.

or if Safari has a No Script add on then use it
AddamXavier 1:35 AM - 14 May, 2016
So I'm a web dev and familiar with Zopim. It's a live chat program and not malicious. if you use Developer/F12 tools, you can totally see the Zopim script on the webpage in chrome (and other browsers).

Aaron, it looks like its hooked into ZenDesk (I'm assuming you use that for helpdesk stuff). It may be related to when support people aren't logged in?
DJ Tecniq 6:19 PM - 14 May, 2016
Still happening I just got the zendesk chat thing again...๐Ÿ™„
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:50 PM - 15 May, 2016
Cheers AddamXavier

Yes, to confirm, we do have the Zopim widget in the page code, but it should be completely hidden. We did have an issue once before where it popped up, but it showed for everyone in that instance. For the record - it is totally safe.

The way it's randomly showing for some people now is a bit confusing. I can't reproduce it with chrome or safari on my iPhone. I'm going to go have a chat with the web team now to see what they think might be going on.

Cheers, Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:51 PM - 15 May, 2016
Oh, and cheers for the reports Tecniq! We'll figure it out one way or another.
DJ Tecniq 1:09 AM - 16 May, 2016
Quote:
Oh, and cheers for the reports Tecniq! We'll figure it out one way or another.
So far it has not happened recently. But I'll let you know if it pops up again.
deejdave 1:11 AM - 16 May, 2016
Quote:
So far it has not happened recently. But I'll let you know if it pops up again.

Quote:
Still happening I just got the zendesk chat thing again...๐Ÿ™„

Yah that is soooo yesterday!!! ;)
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:25 AM - 16 May, 2016
Yeah, it would be good to know either way i.e. if it happens again, or stops happening.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Tecniq 7:03 AM - 19 May, 2016
Wow it went away for like 3 days but seems to "still" not be fixed as it just popped up again when I clicked my profile on mobile๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜
DjSyndic8 7:23 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Wow it went away for like 3 days but seems to "still" not be fixed as it just popped up again when I clicked my profile on mobile๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜

its playing hide and seek with you bro:)
Marv Incredible 8:58 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:

Lol. I have to chuckle still. I think it might be psychosomatic. So far Tecniq is happy with his S9 so his brain found another issue to bug him with in the meantime. :p
DJ Tecniq 9:24 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Lol. I have to chuckle still. I think it might be psychosomatic. So far Tecniq is happy with his S9 so his brain found another issue to bug him with in the meantime. :p
If it was happening to you it would be quite annoying. Just saying
Marv Incredible 9:42 AM - 19 May, 2016
=)
DjSyndic8 10:36 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

na it wont happen to me because Im a google fanboy not an Apple :)
DJ Tecniq 10:57 AM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

na it wont happen to me because Im a google fanboy not an Apple :)
I am using Google as my browser still a problem...
DjSyndic8 11:13 AM - 19 May, 2016
sorry I meant Android instead of IOS
Mr. Goodkat 5:07 PM - 19 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i dont know anything about anything, but my s9 works with yosemite.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:57 PM - 19 May, 2016
It's definitely picking on you Tecniq ;p

Very strange both that you seem to be the only person hitting it repeatedly and also that it's intermittent for you. Do you have any funky extensions mounted in chrome? I'm just grasping at straws really as I have no idea why it's popping up for you.

What should have happened (based on the last time this occurred) is that almost everyone should have been presented with it once, but then not get it ever again. It's like you are being picked up as a different user at random times.

That's why I ask about an extension, because I know there are some that will cycle you through different Chrome IDs to try and throw off device recognition on web pages.
DJ Tecniq 9:08 PM - 19 May, 2016
As far as I know no extensions and this only occurs on my iPhone 5S nor have I installed any. Have not updated to the latest iOS 9.3.2 yet either.
deejdave 9:42 PM - 19 May, 2016
Maybe it is chrome. Not happened again since that one day we all said it happened. Using Safari myself but then again RARELY use it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:36 PM - 21 May, 2016
Oh just had this happen today.

Serato.com page loads then blue banner you have a new message click it and opens the chat.
DJ Tecniq 8:31 AM - 22 May, 2016
Just happened for me again when I clicked my profile area the zopim webpage loaded then tried to redirect me to the chat but I hit back. This is annoying as shit and completely random as it doesn't happen everytime I click my profile area. The web team really needs to fix this๐Ÿ™„
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:05 PM - 23 May, 2016
I've completely disabled the widget now so you should no longer see this.

Very odd that you guys were hitting it, but best to remove it until we know what's going on. Maybe re-start your browser, wait a day to be sure the change has taken effect, then let me know if you get it again.

Cheers, Aaron
Ragman 11:20 PM - 23 May, 2016
Quote:

Very odd that you guys were hitting it, but best to remove it until we know what's going on. Maybe re-start your browser, wait a day to be sure the change has taken effect, then let me know if you get it again.

Cheers, Aaron

I would go as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the browser to completely delete cached items.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:56 AM - 24 May, 2016
๐Ÿค”
DJ Tecniq 6:56 AM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers, Aaron

I would go as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the browser to completely delete cached items.
Good pointer will try this
DJ Tecniq 6:41 PM - 7 June, 2016
Wow it came back again even with the new web design. I got the zopim redirect chat pop up. It hasn't happened for weeks and it just all a sudden came back. This is really annoying๐Ÿ˜ why is this connected to your website๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
DjSyndic8 6:44 PM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:
Wow it came back again even with the new web design. I got the zopim redirect chat pop up. It hasn't happened for weeks and it just all a sudden came back. This is really annoying๐Ÿ˜ why is this connected to your website๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

its called revenue making money and its obviously working because you cant get rid of it.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:32 PM - 7 June, 2016
Hey Tecniq

Sorry about that, I was just testing something. Still odd that you get it so consistently and others not. I've switched everything off again so it should be gone after you restart your browser.

For the record, it's just us testing out a help widget that we might deploy at some stage, to make it easier for people to get help with issues.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Tecniq 12:51 AM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
For the record, it's just us testing out a help widget that we might deploy at some stage, to make it easier for people to get help with issues.

Cheers, Aaron
Ok so I'm guessing this widget is for mobile use only cause it happens on my iPhone. When you say "restart" my browser do you mean double clicking the iphone home button and swiping upward to clear the browser/page? I think it's a good idea cause some users won't hear anything from their help tickets in days sometimes weeks. Whatever makes the support faster I'm all for it. It's just very annoying for me when I check the forum and it redirects me to some chat widget that I don't even need.