Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Controller DJ "The Abbot" Wins DMC Online Round

12:26 AM, 11 May 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
wrc 1:43 AM - 11 May, 2016
This man can fuck shit up on Vinyl to dont get it twisted was a former DMC champ using Vinyl do some research haters
Kp007nz 2:40 AM - 11 May, 2016
Just like everywhere else on the internet the DJ Community also has its fair share of "ive done nothing in my life so that makes it ok to judge you even though i can't wipe my own ass properly" people. Is it so wrong that he beat everybody? Did your life suddenly change after they announced he's the winner? Given that he's an ex DMC champ long before controllers were invented, you'd think he'd get some respect knowing he can rip shit up in both realms. If you have problems with technology heres a tip. Click Start>Control Panel>Programs and uninstall Serato or Traktor because unless your using Vinyl 100% your kinda being a hypocrite. Give the guy a break, he is after all a champion which most of you commenting negatively are not.
MysteryV 5:57 PM - 13 May, 2016
Dude is beyond dope. Sure, from a "necessary skills" perspective, technology has lowered the floor to entry, but this routine is a great example of how it's also raised the ceiling with regards to creativity.
Isku 12:19 PM - 17 May, 2016
Not questioning the guys skills but i still think scratching on a controller sounds a bit weird, i just don't think it sounds good.. it cuts too fast when you let go of the deck compared to vinyl where everything is a bit smoother. Just my opinion.

Congrats, good news for controllerists! :)