Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video not showing the video screens in the centre of the 'video' tab

BRUSS 7:35 PM - 4 May, 2016
I've looked online and there's meant to be a left, centre and right video screen in the video tab but I'm not getting anything on mine. Images don't appear to overlay over videos either. Any ideas?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:04 PM - 4 May, 2016
More info, mac PC? Specs of the machine?? Video card??
DJ Tecniq 7:04 AM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
I've looked online and there's meant to be a left, centre and right video screen in the video tab but I'm not getting anything on mine. Images don't appear to overlay over videos either. Any ideas?
Are you connected to your 2nd display?
BRUSS 7:25 AM - 5 May, 2016
Macbook Pro Retina 13inch early 2015
3.1 GHz i7 processor
16GB DDR3 ram
Iris graphics 6100 1536MB
OS X Yosemite

Quote:

I've tried both with and without but the little window shows nothing either way.
DJ Tecniq 10:02 AM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
3.1 GHz i7 processor
16GB DDR3 ram
OS X Yosemite

Quote:

I've tried both with and without but the little window shows nothing either way.
Okay I know what you're going through when i first bought my mid 2014 mac serato video did the same thing. I honestly think it's a bug/glitch. However restarted the computer a few times seem to magically make the preview window show up. Keep trying that it worked for me and haven't had to deal with it yet.
DJ Tecniq 10:06 AM - 5 May, 2016
If this does not work unable serato video in your settings and re-enable the video application. If that fails then completely uninstall and re-install. Serato Video has not been updated in years but make sure you use the latest serato video version within Serato DJ. What is interesting about this is I never had this problem with Scratchlive...the video app always worked. This is why I think it's a a problem with SDJ alone. Also try unplugging and replugging your hdmi or whatever cable you use for the laptop. The cable itself may even be bad. Hope you figure it out.
DJ Tecniq 10:10 AM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
3.1 GHz i7 processor
16GB DDR3 ram
OS X Yosemite
Just a side note. I'm quite surprised your early 2015 mac didn't come preinstalled with El Capitan. That's a good thing cause El Capitan is not playing well with Serato (do not update just stay away from it) Yosemite is very stable.
BRUSS 10:50 AM - 5 May, 2016
Cheers for the advice, I'll give that a go and hope it works. Shame there's no absolute solution though.

Quote:
Just a side note. I'm quite surprised your early 2015 mac didn't come preinstalled with El Capitan. That's a good thing cause El Capitan is not playing well with Serato (do not update just stay away from it) Yosemite is very stable.

El Cap was released at WWDC in Jun (I think) and I got mine before that (luckily)
DJ Tecniq 10:06 PM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
El Cap was released at WWDC in Jun (I think) and I got mine before that (luckily)
Smart move. If you search the forum about this specific issue with the screens missing you'll find a ton of users that experienced the same thing and a restart seemed to somehow fix it. I forgot to mention a "pram" reset of the Mac may even help. If anything check that the HDMI or whichever cable you are using for your 2nd display does work. Try it with Netflix or stream a movie or something. Let us know if you get it resolved.
DJ Tecniq 1:42 PM - 7 May, 2016
Any luck with this?
BRUSS 10:32 AM - 9 May, 2016
Quote:
Any luck with this?

Got it working, and it's working great. Thanks for the advice, I had to restart and reinstall.
DJ Tecniq 1:25 PM - 9 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Any luck with this?

Got it working, and it's working great. Thanks for the advice, I had to restart and reinstall.
Great to hear👍🏻
@therealdjmook 11:10 AM - 4 October, 2018
OK people I think I figured out what the problem is. I was inside my music folder inside of my finder. Open up the serrato folder and found where it said Serrato video. I deleted the photo that said serrato Video. Inside the photo is set effect list. Once I delete it and re opened the program and showed all the screens and effects.
DJ Tecniq 2:42 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
OK people I think I figured out what the problem is. I was inside my music folder inside of my finder. Open up the serrato folder and found where it said Serrato video. I deleted the photo that said serrato Video. Inside the photo is set effect list. Once I delete it and re opened the program and showed all the screens and effects.
That’s just a temporary fix they’ll go missing again i usually just restart the computer cause it’s quicker then they reappear.
Shawn Greenwood 1:01 AM - 2 November, 2018
Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Found This