Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

all FLAC/lossless library?

khy 5:37 PM - 4 May, 2016
anyone tried an all FLAC/lossless library?

wondering if my current performance issues are due to seratos handling of the lossless format...
popnwave 11:33 PM - 5 May, 2016
In theory lossless is less taxing on the system than highly compressed files.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:51 AM - 6 May, 2016
Quote:
In theory lossless is less taxing on the system than highly compressed files.

FLAC is a compressed lossless format, so there is still some decompression required ;)

@khy, the format of your audio files shouldn't impact the performance of Serato DJ. If you're having performance issues I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and they can help you out -> support.serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.
khy 4:42 PM - 6 May, 2016
yeah i have, they haven't been great. i know flac unpacks, and i know it's officially supported, but i wanted some anecdotal data if anyone had actually been doing this and what their experience was, as mine ha snot been good.

for instance, running on channel mp3, if i bring in another channel flac the dpc latency goes way up...

i have an open ticket on this that they haven't replied to my last 3 messages in 5 days so i think they've given up.

should i open another ticket and hope someone more capable picks it up?

i have provided all logs and info possible...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:37 PM - 8 May, 2016
Hey khy,

Can you please give me your ticket number and I'll chase this up for you. No need to start another one :)

Cheers,
Michael.
khy 8:00 PM - 20 May, 2016
very helpfully suggested i video(?) the issue when it next occurs, as the description and all the logs files appear not to be sufficient to trouble shoot a piece of software

(181383)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:25 AM - 23 May, 2016
Thanks khy, I'll follow this up with our Support Team and have someone get back to you.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:05 PM - 23 May, 2016
Hey khy

Apologies for the delays in your ticket. Ian was away on holiday and your ticket didn't get assigned back to the team for some reason.

I can see that you have another ticket open with Kane and he's working with you on this. Your last message suggests a clean install of Windows 10 and Serato DJ 1.9.1 seems to be working for you, but let Kane know if the issue persists.

Cheers, Aaron