Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

I need steps to record a video mix in Serato DJ and Serato Video.

Eduardo Serrano 3:20 AM - 27 April, 2016
using the pioneer DDJ SX controller.

When I try ONLY the sound is recorded, even though an AVI file is generated with the recording, no video is recorded onto the file.

Please don't tell me to use mix emergency, Serato Dj and Serato video suppose to work to record a simple video mix. Is it possible to record a video mix with these three?

Pioneer DDJ SX
Serato DJ 1.9
Serato Video 1.1.0

Please advice.
Eduardo Serrano 3:36 AM - 27 April, 2016
Correction: I guess I am not using Serato Video 1.1.0 since Serato Video comes already with Serato DJ 1.9. So, I do not know what version of Serato Video I am using, bottom line is I cant record a video mix
DJ Baby Boy 3:37 AM - 27 April, 2016
Use Mix Emergency or Screenflow

Yes Serato Video is supposed to work however it doesn't and it gets no love from the Serato team Mix Emergency & Screenflow are your options
Eduardo Serrano 4:02 AM - 27 April, 2016
DJ Baby Boy - you are missing one option: Syphon Recorder for Mac, it does the trick and it is free. I had the old version of ME but I really don't want to pay more for it. so for liver performances (no recording) I use Serato Video and when I want to record, I will use Syphon now that I just tested it and it does when I need.
DJ Baby Boy 4:40 AM - 27 April, 2016
The reason I didn't mention Syphon Recorder is because every single recording that I've seen done with that has fluctuated frame rates throughout the entire mix and comes out looking sloppy to me but I guess that it is an option if it works for you

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Eduardo Serrano 4:45 AM - 27 April, 2016
You have been of great help by saying the videos look sloppy, how do you like Screenflow? Is it free?
DJ Baby Boy 4:49 AM - 27 April, 2016
Screenflow looks better than Syphon but still not as clear as MixEmergency or Resolume Arena for that matter and no it's not free I believe it's $100 but could be wrong as I never purchased it myself but have had friends that did and still use it
Eduardo Serrano 4:56 AM - 27 April, 2016
in that case, I would rather buy ME. I have used it before with Serato SL and I loved it. I'll see thank you for your help
DJ Baby Boy 6:50 AM - 27 April, 2016
MixEmergency honestly is the best route to go as far as stability quality and features
Eduardo Serrano 12:06 PM - 27 April, 2016
Thank you!
DJ Tecniq 4:51 PM - 27 April, 2016
It really depends on what laptop you are using and the specs of it. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Serato Video. You can download a fresh copy from the Serato Video products area👍🏻
popnwave 6:41 PM - 27 April, 2016
I still run ME 2.7.. the old versions are just fine.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:13 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
I still run ME 2.7.. the old versions are just fine.

i have to use this version for recordings as there is a bug in ME3 and the video just stays frozen.
djnak 2:51 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
I had the old version of ME but I really don't want to pay more for it..

Did it stop working? Use the last combination of Scratch Live And Mix Emergency, that your Olders Paid for version worked with.....
djnak 2:52 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:

If you have already used Mix Emergency, why would you want to down grade?
PAPYLYNDO 7:24 PM - 28 April, 2016
PAPYLYNDO 7:25 PM - 28 April, 2016
Eduardo Serrano 11:32 PM - 20 September, 2016
Thank you guys for your responses!
Maskrider 1:23 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If you have already used Mix Emergency, why would you want to down grade?

This is what I'm thinking all along.