Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

PK Sound's Klarity Line

XIVIX 4:51 PM - 26 April, 2016
Has anyone seen or considered this line of powered speakers?

They make a dual 18 sub that sells for around 2,200 plus shipping. I'm wondering if this might be a better fit for my RCF 32a's?

www.pksound.ca
Code:E 7:50 PM - 26 April, 2016
I have used these LOTS!

Positives:
Sound quality, Great!
Output Volume, MASSIVE!
Bag system, well designed effective and easy to get on and off.
Lots of handles for easy carrying.
Great connection on the back. Powercon with output for looping in a 2nd sub
XLR in and out.
Well built Birch encloses.

Negatives:
Not many sound setting, Now they are good setting built in. But theirs only 2 crossover points to choose from. Again they sound great, I just like more Control. Though part of the reason on why they sound great is the lack of ability for someone to fuck them up.
HEAVY, want lots of bass, your going to pay for it in lbs. This beast is not something you can pick up by yourself and lift into the back of a pickup. Now It rolls very well, and if you got a ramp you will be fine.
Power Consumption. You need a 15 amp circuit for that sub and maybe, a led light or 2. Do not put another speaker on the same circuit. Unless you have 20 amp circuits, then you can run 2 of them and nothing else.
XIVIX 8:35 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
I have used these LOTS!

Positives:
Sound quality, Great!
Output Volume, MASSIVE!
XLR in and out.

Negatives:
Not many sound setting, Now they are good setting built in. But theirs only 2 crossover points to choose from. Again they sound great, I just like more Control. Though part of the reason on why they sound great is the lack of ability for someone to fuck them up.
HEAVY, want lots of bass, your going to pay for it in lbs. This beast is not something you can pick up by yourself and lift into the back of a pickup. Now It rolls very well, and if you got a ramp you will be fine.
Power Consumption. You need a 15 amp circuit for that sub and maybe, a led light or 2. Do not put another speaker on the same circuit. Unless you have 20 amp circuits, then you can run 2 of them and nothing else.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you think the 218 will be better than two ev etx18's or similar? Also, what would the led be for?
Code:E 3:22 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I have used these LOTS!

Positives:
Sound quality, Great!
Output Volume, MASSIVE!
XLR in and out.

Negatives:

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you think the 218 will be better than two ev etx18's or similar? Also, what would the led be for?

OI have not used the EV's. But compared to QSC 181's. The dual is better, but like i said its big. More output than 2 181's for sure. And (to me this is a plus) theres enough room to get bitches dancing on it. Where a single sub is not big enough. I used 4 of them and 4 Klarity tops (12 inch) at a school dance for 500 kids and I had at least twice what I needed. Though I wouldnt bring less than that just out of image. But I could have gotten away with stack 2 boxes in front of me rather than a pair on each side.
Code:E 3:25 PM - 27 April, 2016
LED's? Oh I'm just saying that the draw on these boxes is massive and LED wash lighting draws next to nothing. I was just making the point that you better travel with a power distro and/or a ton of extension cables because you will need lots of power.

Example I have run a pair of QSC (hpr122i's) tops and a single sub on 1 15amp AC plug.... You can run that sub and maybe 1 or 2 very low power led lights on a single 15amp plug.