Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recording one channel

Aldorino 5:21 AM - 22 April, 2016
Hi guys,

could someone give me an advice?
in serato dj there is an option to record mix/channel1/channel2 ...so I want to record only one channel to isolate my scratches but when i select 1 or 2 channel I get only one tone sound.
I use serato 1.8, turntables and Pioneer DJM S9
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:46 AM - 22 April, 2016
you just don't understand how it works,

mix is the master output so you get everything that SDJ outputs,

channel 1/2 is for recording outside of SDJ so if you have a real vinyl record or a cdj hooked up and you want to make a digital version of a record, you will have noticed your recording of the tone is what happens
Aldorino 6:32 AM - 22 April, 2016
OK, thanks for response.
Dufa 4:58 AM - 2 April, 2017
I understand that. But in Scratch Live I could record 1 channel post and record only 1 channel after crossfader manipulating. Is it possible in Serato DJ?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:30 PM - 2 April, 2017
Hey,

Recording capabilities vary throughout different pieces of hardware.

The S9 can only use this individual recording channels for recording audio sources outside of Serato DJ.

Cheers.
DJ Yagga 1:22 PM - 3 April, 2017
Quote:
Hi guys,

could someone give me an advice?
in serato dj there is an option to record mix/channel1/channel2 ...so I want to record only one channel to isolate my scratches but when i select 1 or 2 channel I get only one tone sound.
I use serato 1.8, turntables and Pioneer DJM S9

Did you say Serato 1.8?
BBN 8:27 PM - 21 September, 2017
WTF!?! PioneerDJ messed it up again?
Running in the exact same problem at the moment.
They have setup options in their S9 software driver to change singnals, but then you get error messages displayed in the SeratoDJ decks.
With my Rane Sixty-Two all I had to do is set recording in SeratoDJ from Mix to CH1 and everything works fine.
So Serato Team, is this a Pioneer or Serato Problem?
eclectik 1:52 AM - 30 November, 2017
Quote:
WTF!?! PioneerDJ messed it up again?
Running in the exact same problem at the moment.
They have setup options in their S9 software driver to change singnals, but then you get error messages displayed in the SeratoDJ decks.
With my Rane Sixty-Two all I had to do is set recording in SeratoDJ from Mix to CH1 and everything works fine.
So Serato Team, is this a Pioneer or Serato Problem?

Yup I also just ran into this snag for the first time (as I don’t often record on one channel). I would say it’s going to take the help of both Pioneer and Serato to figure this out – for now it’s stands as defective programming :(

BUMP!
BBN 1:17 PM - 30 November, 2017
Found out the solution to this.

In the Pioneer driver/software you have to change the settings of output 5/6 to crossfader A or crossfader B. Then you're able to record scratches directly via the SDJ recordbutton or in any DAW where you have to setup the S9 input chanel 5/6.