Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

1.9.0 date added bug - SSL changes original date added.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
chims 10:43 PM - 22 May, 2009
seems to be a bug when reading the proper tags of date added tracks when reading itunes playlists or SL crates.

some recently played songs, not all, are now showing up as recently added. if the date added column is picked and the list shows in chronological order, the list doesn't match the actual date added in itunes. for some reason, it gets changed, yet it remains unchanged in itunes.

this issue is bugging me, because when I sort for new music by date added, old songs are showing up at the top of the list for no reason.

anyone else able to replicate this bug or is it just me? haven't found any other threads on this yet.
Serato
Aroha 10:43 PM - 24 May, 2009
Hi chims - it sounds like you might have a corrupt database. To remedy this, go into your Scratch Live folder and locate the databaseV2 file. Make sure Scratch Live is closed down, then rename this file to something else: e.g. databaseV2.1.

Then relaunch Scratch Live and a new databaseV2 file will be automatically be created. Hopefully this will fix your problem. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks
chims 9:45 AM - 31 May, 2009
Just tried that remedy, but still having the same issue. Seems like the last 25 played tracks in the history are marked with the current time stamp upon opening SSL when they should be previous dates.

The track numbers are correct. They do not show as low numbers as the newly imported tracks have, just the dates are jacked up.
chims 3:31 AM - 1 June, 2009
also noticed that this remedy is a complete failure and makes things worst. when the database is rebuilt, it retags ALL tracks that are in crates and shows it timestamped as added with at the most recent opened time. so much for a remedy. not trying to be mean, but its a bad bug. is it only me?
nik39 3:16 PM - 1 June, 2009
Quote:
it retags ALL tracks that are in crates and shows it timestamped as added with at the most recent opened time. so much for a remedy.

That's because the date-added-stamps are stored inside the database file. If you delete it and let SSL re-create it it will be reset. The only solution is to grab a backup of the database-file.

You have regular backups of your Scratch LIVE library, you do, right?
chims 11:10 PM - 1 June, 2009
i do and i did back it up luckily. it was just my response to Ahora's remedy, which doesn't work at all, I still get pink files either way. is this not a known bug or is this an isolated issue?
chims 5:46 AM - 2 June, 2009
Can somebody tell me why the database doesn't read the itune's date added data? It used all songs before 1.9 from what I can remember. Why does SSL's database file only change the date added tag on some tracks (mostly recently played tracks)?
IRONIC 6:03 PM - 2 June, 2009
Quote:
is it only me?

NOOOOOOO

i think this is just about the same shhh...

www.scratchlive.net
nuwave_afro 5:48 PM - 3 June, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
is it only me?

NOOOOOOO

i think this is just about the same shhh...

www.scratchlive.net

TRUE

but that thread, which you have now posted on, has been somewhat sidetracked by the issue of 'false duplicates'. i did start the thread with your exact issue in mind. and YES, i have replicated this exactly, just about 25 tracks a clip, thrown to the top for almost completely random reasoning.

i was hoping that rebuilding the databaseV2 file would work, but i was def concerned about the new add dates, especially if they somehow overwrote the itunes add dates - they didnt do all that, did they?

reply here or there - im tracking both threads.

thanks to IRONIC for linking on this.
DJ SHY 4:46 PM - 4 June, 2009
welcome to my world.....

but only seems to be doing it to my video files...
IRONIC 9:19 PM - 4 June, 2009
damn, i´m glad that i didnt start videoSL yet

check the link above SHY, theres is a fix coming in 1.9.1
Serato
Glenn M 10:17 PM - 4 June, 2009
Hi everyone. Is this problem only happening to a select few files or is it affecting random tracks each time? Try deleting, reimporting and restarting to find out. If it is affecting certain files, could you please upload one to www.scratchlive.net

We are not able to reproduce this issue so suspect it has track specific data that is being incorrectly interpreted.

Thanks.
chims 12:20 AM - 6 June, 2009
Just to follow up, the solution for my issue was addressed in this thread: scratchlive.net

To sum it up, you have to turn off FileVault on Mac.
Serato
Aroha 10:44 PM - 9 June, 2009
Hi chims and all others posting on this thread. Sorry I haven't responded, I have been away on leave. Has chims' solution of turning off Filevault helped the rest of you?

If not, can you please start a new thread each so we can address each of your problems individually.

Thanks
chims 2:51 PM - 10 June, 2009
Also following up, I also discovered some other issues that sort of helped me resolve date issues.

I deleted my 'crates' folder on my SSL folder. All my crates without errors seemed to read fine when they were pulled from the 'subfolder' crate. You guys with issues might want to try that out too if you have a linger 'crates' folder from previous versions of SSL. I noticed that the new version doesn't require it, nor does it build a 'crates' folder on your hdd any more. Problematic crates in SSL started showing up correctly after I did this. It's a possible solution.
chims 2:56 PM - 10 June, 2009
correction, upon testing my theory above out, the current versions DO create a 'crate's folder.

nevertheless, it somehow fixed some issues by deleting it.

as always, BACKUP your ScratchLIVE folder before editing or testing out these things.
nuwave_afro 4:03 PM - 10 June, 2009
Quote:
Hi chims and all others posting on this thread. Sorry I haven't responded, I have been away on leave. Has chims' solution of turning off Filevault helped the rest of you?

If not, can you please start a new thread each so we can address each of your problems individually.

Thanks

filevault was never a factor for me, so 'no' in my case.

my problem with duplicates seems to be largely caps issues. until that gets resolved, it will be hard to pinpoint anything on that front.

DATE ADDED issue seems to be better since 1(point)9(point)1 but have been asked to not talk about that in this area.

chims solution of deleting entire library (see scratchlive.net) then re-reading itunes library sounds like the win IF it didnt potentially mess with the contents of my crates. at this point that may be my only unresolved issue. so i probably wont be starting a new thread.

thnks again for everyone's input with this, on both threads! and team serato - dammit if you guys dont break your backs puttin in all this work for the smallest of issues... lol. big up.
DJ SHY 7:25 PM - 11 June, 2009
file vault has always been off for me...still same issue... hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update
nuwave_afro 1:03 PM - 15 June, 2009
Quote:

Thanks

filevault was never a factor for me, so 'no' in my case.

my problem with duplicates seems to be largely caps issues. until that gets resolved, it will be hard to pinpoint anything on that front.

DATE ADDED issue seems to be better since 1(point)9(point)1 but have been asked to not talk about that in this area.

chims solution of deleting entire library (see scratchlive.net) then re-reading itunes library sounds like the win IF it didnt potentially mess with the contents of my crates. at this point that may be my only unresolved issue. so i probably wont be starting a new thread.

thnks again for everyone's input with this, on both threads! and team serato - dammit if you guys dont break your backs puttin in all this work for the smallest of issues... lol. big up.