DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RIP Prince

SpareChange 5:14 PM - 21 April, 2016
So crazy.

www.tmz.com

I had really been liking that X & O's record and was looking forward to more music. Truly one of the most talented musicians ever.
DJ Shameless 5:24 PM - 21 April, 2016
Hectic! RIP Prince
Gio Alex 5:26 PM - 21 April, 2016
Major effin bummer. Major.
popnwave 5:34 PM - 21 April, 2016
What I want to know is how much the "flu" played in to his demise. Maybe it was something else making him sick that they didn't see?

Definitely a piece of musical history, I'll always cherish his stuff up through 92's Love Symbol.

When he got super super in JW around the turn of the century I really didn't like he was changing his old material live to suit his religious views, kinda like Lucas messing with Star Wars.
sumoJr 5:37 PM - 21 April, 2016
crazy, he seemed ageless and timeless

RIP Prince
Gio Alex 5:39 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
What I want to know is how much the "flu" played in to his demise. Maybe it was something else making him sick that they didn't see?

I dunno man, it's happened before. I also hope no one says drugs. The man did not drink or do drugs, as far as we know.
Gio Alex 5:39 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
crazy, he seemed ageless and timeless

RIP Prince

This.
Gio Alex 5:41 PM - 21 April, 2016
I'm not gonna front, I'm kinda hurt right now.
R-Tistic 5:43 PM - 21 April, 2016
I had to put it back up: Prince Mix - soundcloud.com
SpareChange 6:00 PM - 21 April, 2016
IMO, It just doesn't seem like anyone in this generation of music has that level of showmanship, skill and creativity.
CMOS 6:20 PM - 21 April, 2016
He was the first concert i went to as a kid. It was Naughty By Nature, Trilogy, and Prince at Radio City Musical Hall.
Gio Alex 6:22 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
He was the first concert i went to as a kid. It was Naughty By Nature, Trilogy, and Prince at Radio City Musical Hall.

btw, AMAZING!!!
CMOS 6:26 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

btw, AMAZING!!!

Was a dope show, never saw anyone else live who was that animated on stage. Dude mustve run 10 miles on stage.
Gio Alex 6:35 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Was a dope show, never saw anyone else live who was that animated on stage. Dude mustve run 10 miles on stage.

And that's what's crazy. His last couple shows he had that much energy.
Antonio Essex 8:11 PM - 21 April, 2016
I saw him 3 years ago when he played the LA Forum. He played 2 hours and then the lights came on like show over, dude came back out and did another 90 mins of covers. SO glad I got to see him live. I still jam to purple rain sound track every other week at work. Darling Nikki, beautiful ones, computer blue are my shit!
DJ GaFFle 9:47 AM - 22 April, 2016
RIP
d:raf 2:23 PM - 22 April, 2016
d:raf 2:17 PM - 23 April, 2016
Mr. Goodkat 6:49 PM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
lolz... walmerconvenience.com

this was so dumb. there are literally 1000s of prince bootlegs in existence. who cares if you do a prince bootleg?

kids barely know who he is outside of just a general pop reference. a girl last nite asked me to play some prince as i was playing 'i wanna be your lover'
Mr. Goodkat 7:18 PM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I dunno man, it's happened before. I also hope no one says drugs. The man did not drink or do drugs, as far as we know.

www.tmz.com
 6 7:53 PM - 23 April, 2016
Yup. Drugs. Again.

nm
Rebelguy 11:22 PM - 23 April, 2016
There's another rumor floating around also.

blindgossip.com
Mr. Goodkat 12:42 AM - 24 April, 2016
prob a combo. knew he was dying fast and just od'ed instead.
popnwave 3:49 PM - 24 April, 2016
HIV is too easy to treat these days if you have any money. Hell I know dudes on medicaid that have it and are in better shape than me with no issues with their T cell count.

If he died from HIV/AIDS that is purse negligence on his part. I think the nagging hip + taking too much percocet is a more likely answer, especially if he had gotten a Narcan/Naloxone previously. It brings them back from the edge but doesn't stop them from reupping and using more opiates later. He must have been getting the 10mg ones to really go hard, wonder how bad his liver was getting hammered with all of the tylenol in each one as well.
Mr. Goodkat 6:52 PM - 24 April, 2016
Quote:
If he died from HIV/AIDS that is purse negligence on his part.

thats what that article said. he had someone tell him he was cured and he quit taking the meds.
popnwave 9:02 PM - 24 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
If he died from HIV/AIDS that is purse negligence on his part.

thats what that article said. he had someone tell him he was cured and he quit taking the meds.

He's looked scrawny the past 10 years IMHO, but AIDS kills you in a hospital bed, dropping dead/passing out in your elevator doesn't align with that. But Prince also claimed angels or something cured his epilepsy when he was 7...who knows what he was doing at this point?
d:raf 11:14 PM - 24 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
lolz... walmerconvenience.com

this was so dumb. there are literally 1000s of prince bootlegs in existence. who cares if you do a prince bootleg?

I bought this "unofficial" but somewhat-convincing-looking CD back in the day called "Prince: The Unreleased Mixes" ( www.discogs.com ). I was hoping for something cool, but all I got was some of the absolute worst digital "remix" editing of all time.
 6 4:41 AM - 25 April, 2016
AIDS doesn't kill you. You die of something else because AIDS just destroys your immune system.

nm
Gio Alex 2:05 PM - 25 April, 2016
Quote:
Yup. Drugs. Again.

nm

Slow down now. Not as simple as you put it.
Gio Alex 2:16 PM - 25 April, 2016
A lot of reaches in here.

Prince had severe hip issues (possible knee as well) for years. Remember he walked with a cane for a long time. Could be related to playing basketball. I think he might've even needed hip replacement. But in any case, he did not want treatment from hospitals due to his religious beliefs. So I'm sure a combination of that, a possible flu and pain killers can cause some real damage. Without a doubt gone way too soon. Who knows, may be some foul play involved too.

Prince was not the type to do recreational drugs or use alcohol so let's please not make it sound like that.

Speaking of foul play, I find it really interesting that sony bought back the 51% of Sony catalog MJ owned. For only 750 million. Yes, that may seem like a lot, but the artists and music catalog on that list are worth way for than that.