DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Facade or Table Scrim

GlennB85 12:28 AM - 21 April, 2016
Should I use a facade or just scrim a 6ft table? (This is mainly a question towards weddings) anyone have their opinions?? Let me know! Thanks!
Robbie O 2:53 AM - 21 April, 2016
I do both and charge a premium for the facade. That's works for me. Cause the scrim is clean and less work.
GlennB85 3:39 AM - 21 April, 2016
Great idea. Thanks!
pdidy 7:06 AM - 21 April, 2016
From what I've been seeing within the last few years is that facades have become more of a standard and not an option for quality wedding djs.
DJFree 12:23 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
I do both and charge a premium for the facade. That's works for me. Cause the scrim is clean and less work.

Bingo.
Logisticalstyles 1:10 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
From what I've been seeing within the last few years is that facades have become more of a standard and not an option for quality wedding djs.

Tabletop or full size?
GlennB85 1:14 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Tabletop or full size?

Had the same question... Scrim a table then add a table top? Or use a full size?
DJFree 1:21 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Should I use a facade or just scrim a 6ft table? (This is mainly a question towards weddings) anyone have their opinions?? Let me know! Thanks!

Also if you're going to use a full size facade you don't have to scrim the table....it's up to you....with a table top facade you definitely have to scrim the table....wedding djs are using both....just preference.
GlennB85 1:28 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Also if you're going to use a full size facade you don't have to scrim the table....it's up to you....with a table top facade you definitely have to scrim the table....wedding djs are using both....just preference.

Definitely wouldn't scrim with a full size facade. And I really don't wanna ask about speaker stand scrims, I've read a post on here and majority think they are hideous lol.
DJFree 1:34 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:

Definitely wouldn't scrim with a full size facade. And I really don't wanna ask about speaker stand scrims, I've read a post on here and majority think they are hideous lol.

That's subjective....a lot of guys that probably use them didn't even chime in....some people love em.....some people don't.....it's about your client.....check out DJ C Smith on YouTube.....he uses them faithfully and they look good.
pdidy 3:15 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Tabletop or full size?

The high majority full-size , tabletops are rare.
GlennB85 6:30 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tabletop or full size?

The high majority full-size , tabletops are rare.

I personally like the table top a bit better. Especially for lugging around...
Scully DJ Services 11:25 PM - 21 April, 2016
IMO the table top facades just look super ugly. A full facade looks sooo much better
KayPlaya 1:05 AM - 22 April, 2016
I use a facade but don't charge a premium for it. I feel like its just me taking pride in the look of my setup up
GlennB85 1:35 AM - 22 April, 2016
Quote:
I use a facade but don't charge a premium for it. I feel like its just me taking pride in the look of my setup up

Table top or full? I'm still torn between which. I've seen table tops that looks pretty good IMO
KayPlaya 1:54 AM - 22 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Table top or full? I'm still torn between which. I've seen table tops that looks pretty good IMO

I use the full version. I think some table top facades are cool, but much prefer the full myself
Scully DJ Services 2:23 AM - 22 April, 2016
This the only type of tabletop facade that I would use if I had to. www.google.com Just to note though, I am only referring to the style of the facade, not necessarily the size. Also, if I were to use this type of facade, I would use some type of black linen to drape around the whole thing to cover the table legs and all wiring that goes on under the table. (I am really guilty of having a rat nest of wire under my booth)
Scully DJ Services 2:24 AM - 22 April, 2016
Sorry, heres the actual URL: encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com
Rebelguy 6:26 PM - 22 April, 2016
Quote:
Sorry, heres the actual URL: encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com

That's the one I have. I don't think you can still buy them though.
Scully DJ Services 7:31 PM - 22 April, 2016
@Rebelguy Do you have any pics of your setup that you can post? I'd like to see how it looks with your setup as well as how you deal with all of the cables if the front of the table is blocked off.
 6 7:49 PM - 22 April, 2016
I don't think a scrim is less work than a facade because by using a scrim, you now have to waste time worrying about how near your cabling needs to be. With a facade, I can set it up in a few minutes and it's a much cleaner look too.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:54 PM - 22 April, 2016
I think a table facade with a skirt on the table is a quicker cleaner look. Easier for cable management.
Robbie O 11:13 PM - 22 April, 2016
Quote:
I don't think a scrim is less work than a facade because by using a scrim, you now have to waste time worrying about how near your cabling needs to be. With a facade, I can set it up in a few minutes and it's a much cleaner look too.

I used to think this too, but the scrim table covers are pretty nice and quick with pocket/holes to hid wires nicely and if you like people seeing how you DJ, there is nothing to obstruct the view. I guess its less crap to bring w.

Some ppl like the minimalist look but other ppl want everyone to know their wedding is expensive. As a wedding DJ, I think it depends on which lane you want to be in. If you wanna look the part for high end Clients a facade is a minimum.
Rebelguy 1:54 AM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
@Rebelguy Do you have any pics of your setup that you can post? I'd like to see how it looks with your setup as well as how you deal with all of the cables if the front of the table is blocked off.

I haven't used it in awhile but I will try to find a pic. I basically have my wires routed out the side of the facade and then they immediately drop into my table cover which has a zippered opening right below it.
 6 7:50 PM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I used to think this too, but the scrim table covers are pretty nice and quick with pocket/holes to hid wires nicely and if you like people seeing how you DJ, there is nothing to obstruct the view. I guess its less crap to bring w.

Some ppl like the minimalist look but other ppl want everyone to know their wedding is expensive. As a wedding DJ, I think it depends on which lane you want to be in. If you wanna look the part for high end Clients a facade is a minimum.

Honestly, for weddings, a facade now is a must. No one wants your equipment showing in their pictures. A table scrim where you can hide your cables is cool if you're mixing with 2 turntables and putting on a real performance.

Since I've invested in a facade and speakers without speaker stands and totems, my mobile gigs have tripled.

nm
GlennB85 8:11 PM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, for weddings, a facade now is a must. No one wants your equipment showing in their pictures. A table scrim where you can hide your cables is cool if you're mixing with 2 turntables and putting on a real performance.

Since I've invested in a facade and speakers without speaker stands and totems, my mobile gigs have tripled.

nm

What kind of speakers do you have? Any pics?
Good3go85 9:12 AM - 27 April, 2016
Tabletop facade scrim the table
www.djlakay.com
Good3go85 9:14 AM - 27 April, 2016
white scrim with table top facade
www.djlakay.com
pdidy 9:43 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
www.djlakay.com

Quote:
www.djlakay.com

Is it just me or does that look just screamed ghetto or cheap compared to a full façade ?
i.ytimg.com
eepevents.files.wordpress.com
Robbie O 11:14 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Is it just me or does that look just screamed ghetto or cheap compared to a full façade ?
i.ytimg.com

True. I think they are two different looks. Either go all scrim table or full facade. That inbetween look seems immature compared to the full facade.

I think the all scrim look is good too and has its own appeal...
www.robertbediako.com

Facade is dope and in a different lane thou www.robertbediako.com
pdidy 11:34 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
www.robertbediako.com

Yeah I would preferred to just show the gear and wire manage neatly instead of table a facade.
DJFree 12:07 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:

www.robertbediako.com

Facade is dope and in a different lane thou www.robertbediako.com

Your setups are always clean man....RESPEK!
DJ Jonasty 12:58 PM - 27 April, 2016
Too bad there aren't facades to cover up them computers. Otherwise I think they look good. But a laptop sticking out with a face glued to it seems less like djing and more like emailing.
GlennB85 1:03 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
www.djlakay.com

Ah man. That doesn't look good at all! At least have a table big enough so the facade doesn't hang off the sides!

I got a table top facade... Going to try it out next week, if I don't like it.. Back it goes lol.
Taipanic 3:40 PM - 27 April, 2016
Of course the proper DJ/Gearhead answer is to have both.
pdidy 9:44 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:

I tried but I can't think of any good reasons to buy a tabletop facade if you already own a full facade.
Joee 11:17 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
www.djlakay.com

Quote:
www.djlakay.com

i.ytimg.com

no i feel the same, i just picked up a white adj even facade
www.adj.com

i had a dj skirts reversible facade but sold it ,you can't put uplights behind it to get that glow
www.djskirts.com

I've been thinning about getting this, they sell for $600
Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 11:24 PM - 27 April, 2016
I want one to but I refuse to get robbed for $600 with no Gun. Here's a better vid of it Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 11:34 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
I want one to but I refuse to get robbed for $600 with no Gun. Here's a better vid of it Watchwww.youtube.com

lol…….if you think about it they all cost more or less the same, adj event facade $299 plus two strip style lights to put behind it $200

getting back to the one you linked ,they actually have a new model thats $650

have you seen this on? it only $1,300 www.kpodj.com
pdidy 11:38 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
have you seen this on? it only $1,300 www.kpodj.com

yep, you beat me too posting it....lol
pdidy 11:46 PM - 27 April, 2016
OMG, would someone take a look at this...... Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 12:06 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:

horible…..lol

i think speaker covers can still be pulled off tho, IMO this looks a little better
www.djcruz.biz
Joee 12:07 AM - 28 April, 2016
this thing here i really like, i cam imagine it must be a lot of extra work

Watchwww.youtube.com
GlennB85 12:12 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:

Good God....
DTweed 12:16 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

horible…..lol

i think speaker covers can still be pulled off tho, IMO this looks a little better
www.djcruz.biz

I hate speaker covers and speaker scrims. I'd probably prefer the speakers painted white.
Joee 12:18 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

horible…..lol

www.djcruz.biz

I hate speaker covers and speaker scrims. I'd probably prefer the speakers painted white.

did you scroll down & look at the jbl eons that are covered , they look 100 times better than the dj skirt stuff
pdidy 1:58 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Not if its just a short through projector under the table....easy.
Taipanic 3:17 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I tried but I can't think of any good reasons to buy a tabletop facade if you already own a full facade.

I prefer a full facade but picked a tabletop one off of Craigslist for $50.00 I use it for very casual gigs mostly.
CMOS 3:59 PM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I think those are flat screens turn on their side, looks like there is a TV label at the bottom of each one, i first thought they were hinges but i think they are labels.
pdidy 8:44 PM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I think those are flat screens turn on their side, looks like there is a TV label at the bottom of each one, i first thought they were hinges but i think they are labels.

good eye, they are tv's Watchwww.youtube.com
Good3go85 9:35 PM - 9 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
www.djlakay.com

Ah man. That doesn't look good at all! At least have a table big enough so the facade doesn't hang off the sides!

I got a table top facade... Going to try it out next week, if I don't like it.. Back it goes lol.

I was using 4ft folding table until the mathing table came in. With matching grundorf table www.djlakay.com
Good3go85 12:20 AM - 10 May, 2016