Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Dj and rane sl3 and 57sl mixer can't work with serato video?:..(

yy117 1:21 PM - 19 April, 2016
Somebody help here pls!I bought searto Dj already.and I bought serato video and I got a rane sl3 and a 57sl mixer and sractch live.i tried all kind of ways.use sl3 with serato Dj and 57sl or use scratch live with 57sl directly.my serato videos just not working.crossfader not moving at all.i understand scratch live with 57sl might not working but I don't understand why serato Dj with rane sl3 still not working.i checked all the serato website.update everything I could.i emailed the support team they said the 57sl can't work with serato video.can only work with video sl.but i checked video sl it says update to serato video it will work then I bought serato video.and I use serato Dj and rane sl3.its a descent standard set up.and I tried midi mapping.but midi is not working when I use sl3.i have no idea why it's not working.any solutions pls?
DJ.WAZZA.AU 2:20 PM - 19 April, 2016
The rane 57 sl will only work with scratch live and serato video scratch live ( VSL ...the old but good video mixing software )....not serato DJ and serato video..

You can use the sl3 with serato DJ and serato video .....but not with the 57 sl because the 57 is not midi map able ".........
yy117 2:38 PM - 19 April, 2016
Thank u for ur reply!serato video scratch live u mean video sl or something else?where do I get that?but video sl is discountinued and upgrade to serato video.i don't understand if ppl use video sl with 57sl before and upgraded it to serato video.it won't work anymore?what option do I have?can I return the serato video or I have to change a mixer?
DJ Tecniq 11:29 AM - 20 April, 2016
VSL got updated to Serato Video. Your 57 should work fine with Serato Video for Scratchlive. As for the latest Serato Video upgrade in SDJ you will not be able to use. For example I have the SL3 with a Pioneer DJM 700 and can run Serato Video perfectly fine on Scratchlive as well as Serato DJ. Your mixer is only "compatible" for Scratchlive.💯
yy117 6:54 PM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
VSL got updated to Serato Video. Your 57 should work fine with Serato Video for Scratchlive. As for the latest Serato Video upgrade in SDJ you will not be able to use. For example I have the SL3 with a Pioneer DJM 700 and can run Serato Video perfectly fine on Scratchlive as well as Serato DJ. Your mixer is only "compatible" for Scratchlive.💯

Thank u for ur help! Yes it worked fine with scratch live.just can't record video mix:( I still love my 57.i will just get rid of serato Dj and sl3 cos I have a sl1 also and keep it old school for a while...
popnwave 7:45 PM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Thank u for ur help! Yes it worked fine with scratch live.just can't record video mix:( I still love my 57.i will just get rid of serato Dj and sl3 cos I have a sl1 also and keep it old school for a while...

Serato Video is notorious for being glitchy when doing recordings, you aren't do anything wrong there.
yy117 10:37 PM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato Video is notorious for being glitchy when doing recordings, you aren't do anything wrong there.

Yes u r right! Just forget abt serato video recording...
DJ Tecniq 11:50 PM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can always try to record your video mix with Screenflow (quality is actually surprisingly good) however if you want to record audio. If the Mac has a audio/line-in port just run a RCA to 3.5 mm stereo cable from mixers booth output to your Mac's audio jack and presto you now can record audio with video simultaneously👌🏻 just make sure in screenflow your audio settings are set to "Line-in" recording. I did it all the time with my 2010 it works fine👍🏻
yy117 9:07 PM - 23 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can always try to record your video mix with Screenflow (quality is actually surprisingly good) however if you want to record audio. If the Mac has a audio/line-in port just run a RCA to 3.5 mm stereo cable from mixers booth output to your Mac's audio jack and presto you now can record audio with video simultaneously👌🏻 just make sure in screenflow your audio settings are set to "Line-in" recording. I did it all the time with my 2010 it works fine👍🏻

Thank u so much! I will try it out👍👍
DJ.WAZZA.AU 8:58 AM - 26 April, 2016
You can also try live stream producer to record your video mix.....unlike screen flow it's free and look better