Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Another search box

DANGERUST 6:38 AM - 17 April, 2016
Hi,

Can you add a feature that you can search for all the tracks when your in a crate than going to ALL to search for all your songs.

Thanks
DJ Pommy D
a.k.a
DANGERUST
Mr Wilks 10:06 AM - 18 April, 2016
Hey Pommy D.

If you click the crate first then click the search box can you find the track you're after?
DANGERUST 6:08 PM - 18 April, 2016
But that is only searching in that crate. I mean to search the whole library without coming out of the crate.
Mr Wilks 7:13 PM - 18 April, 2016
Ahh. That makes sense now.

A full library search with Ctrl + F but return to the crate once you've found what you want is what you'd like.
DJ Cyrix 7:59 AM - 19 April, 2016
As a matter of fact, I think this makes sense. I find myself often having to drag the cursor all the way up to the 'all' crate to simply search for a song and then returning to the crate i was using last. I see no reason why the search field would only have to work in the crate you're in.
Mr Wilks 4:24 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
I see no reason why the search field would only have to work in the crate you're in

How would we search the crate we are in? Would we have to change how we found it now?

What's the best way for this to be implemented?
DANGERUST 8:37 AM - 20 April, 2016
Search in the same way has we do already. But maybe a drop down menu from the search to switch between crate to all.
Mr Wilks 12:26 PM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
Search in the same way has we do already. But maybe a drop down menu from the search to switch between crate to all.

Sounds good. A shortcut command could also be made too to switch.
DJ Cyrix 9:39 AM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I see no reason why the search field would only have to work in the crate you're in

How would we search the crate we are in? Would we have to change how we found it now?

That's the way it works now. If you want to search all, you have to go to the 'All'- crate. I would rather have it searching through all songs whether you are in a crate or in 'All', as I see no reason for only searching a particular crate. So basicly, I agree with OP.
Mr Wilks 9:55 AM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the way it works now. If you want to search all, you have to go to the 'All'- crate. I would rather have it searching through all songs whether you are in a crate or in 'All', as I see no reason for only searching a particular crate. So basicly, I agree with OP.

But having a tool for searching a crate is used by myself and a many others. I need to know what tracks are in what crates, just like songs in a playlist. To change this behaviour from a way that has been used since the early days of Scratchlive isn't very user friendly.

To search the entire library when in a crate CTRL + F with do that. That searches all.

How will I be able to search my crates if it's searching all? We've been able to do this for years and removing it wouldn't be fun.
MurdoX 6:06 AM - 23 April, 2016
+1