Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9 sometimes does NOT recognize DDJ-SX

Richness 7:48 PM - 14 April, 2016
Hi guys,
Anyone having the above mentioned issue? Here are some important information before you answer. I am still on OSX 10.9.5 (Maverick) and had no major concerns when using Serato DJ 1.8
Tried the new Searto DJ 1.9 update and it worked fine for my first 1 hour test run. I tried to hook it up again but would NOT recognize my SL2 box or my DDJ-SX. I restarted the computer and it DID recognize it. I then disconnected and tried to hook up DDJ-SX again but it did NOT recognize it.

Is the Serato Dj 1.9 really for El Capitan or is there some other problem I might be having?

Your thoughts?
Rich
DjSyndic8 1:10 AM - 15 April, 2016
make sure you use different USB ports for the 2 devices, if you use usb port 1 for ddjsx make sure you plug it into USB 1, and the same goes for you SL2 box
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 1:35 AM - 15 April, 2016
Hey Richness - I would also take a look at our guide for troubleshooting connection issues on Mac computers. This can be found here - support.serato.com - and has some handy tips that might be able to help you out.

If this doesn't help I would advise opening up a ticket with Serato support. You can do this by clicking the Open Help Request button to the right of your screen.

Cheers.
wildchild6907 8:27 AM - 15 April, 2016
i have the same issue...my work around was to clean the usbs' by blowing the dust etc and cleaning around the area do the same to the usb cable......no problems since
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:47 AM - 15 April, 2016
This happens to me too with Rane 62. You see the prompt that says "Rane will take a minute to connect". Ten minutes later it's still flashing.

Workaround, hot unplug.

I'm on Yosemite and everything is up to date.

I have Scratch live installed and never have the connection issue with scratch live.

I noticed this issue from 1.8
Richness 8:03 PM - 16 April, 2016
Quote:
i have the same issue...my work around was to clean the usbs' by blowing the dust etc and cleaning around the area do the same to the usb cable......no problems since

Hello gentlemen, I tried the compressed air solution and still no luck. I will try the Serato troubleshooting connection guide and report back. It is periodic I noticed, sometimes it will and sometimes it will not connect. My work around is 1.8 lol.
spofftastic 2:32 PM - 17 April, 2016
The same issue happened on 1.9 with my Rane 61. I'll load the software, then turn on the 61 - it will show me the "connecting to device, this could take up to a minute" then it does not connect. I have not been able to reproduce this issue with my DDJ-SR. I have to turn Serato DJ off, then turn on my Rane 61, then turn Serato DJ back on.
Richness 2:35 PM - 17 April, 2016
UPDATE: I think the following fixed the issue. Tested it a few times and seems to connect every time. Thanks Nathaniel T.

Disconnect your controller
Open Audio MIDI Setup > Window > Show MIDI Window
Highlight the controller Icon > Click 'Remove Device'
Reconnect the controller > Test Serato DJ software
wildchild6907 3:26 PM - 17 April, 2016
exactly u found the answer
wildchild6907 3:27 PM - 17 April, 2016
that was my next step to u anyway, i had to do that also.
Richness 3:36 PM - 17 April, 2016
Quote:
that was my next step to u anyway, i had to do that also.

Thanks wildchild6907
wildchild6907 3:53 PM - 17 April, 2016
no problem
spofftastic 7:55 PM - 17 April, 2016
Quote:
UPDATE: I think the following fixed the issue. Tested it a few times and seems to connect every time. Thanks Nathaniel T.

Disconnect your controller
Open Audio MIDI Setup > Window > Show MIDI Window
Highlight the controller Icon > Click 'Remove Device'
Reconnect the controller > Test Serato DJ software

This worked!
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 2:22 AM - 19 April, 2016
Hey Richness - glad you got it sorted :)
Richness 4:04 PM - 20 April, 2016
Ok this happened again. I will have to open a ticket later.
wildchild6907 11:38 PM - 20 April, 2016
thats a good idea
Dj-Ali 11:00 PM - 22 July, 2017
This actually happened to me today using 1.9.6.......good thing I was home. Serato really needs to get their act together! Too many hiccups and glitches with every release!
Dj-Ali 11:02 PM - 22 July, 2017
My work around was to open 1.9.5 while 1.9.6 was still searching for driver. 1.9.5 opened up and was online and ready to go while 1.9.6 was still searching for driver. So please don't say it's my computer cause I'm 100% sure it's not.
DjSyndic8 6:17 AM - 23 July, 2017
Quote:
it's my computer cause I'm 100% sure it's not.

its always your pc that's the issue because your not setting up certain things so that serato can run smoothly, plug and play for serato is redundant, make sure you have all your correct updated drivers for your hard ware and software before you start serato up, then you can start eliminating issues