DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

CablePhyle Bag Review (CFB-02)

6 1:50 AM - 9 April, 2016
The item description when you look it up:

This is a BLACK gig bag for cables and other accessories to help organize and carry all your small bits and pieces. Keeps your cables from tangling and makes them easy to locate.

-Sturdy PVC lined nylon -Strong zippers -High density medium padding -Rigid fiberboard bottom -Strong webbed handles -Padded shoulder strap -3 exterior DOUBLE pockets - 2 - (11" x 6.25" x 2.5") and 1 - (20.5" x 7" x 3") -CFB-02 - 24.5" x 10.5" x 8.5" internal dimensions -10 - 1" slots, 4 - 2" slots, 1 - 3" slot -weighs approximately 18 lbs when full (with cables and light accessories) Items inside bag are shown as examples of uses for this product and are not included
Sturdy PVC lined nylon, Strong zippers, High density medium padding, Rigid fiberboard bottom, Strong webbed handles, Padded shoulder strap
CFB-02 - 26" x 12" (depth) x 10" (height) internal dimensions
3 exterior DOUBLE pockets - 2 - (10.5" x 7.5" x 1.75") and 1 - (20" x 8.5" x 1.75")
10 - 1" slots, 4 - 2" slots, 1 - 3" slot
weighs approximately 20 lbs when full (with cables and light accessories)

Cost: $89.95 amazon with free shipping.

I saw it somewhere else for $69 but they wanted $22 or shipping. So, yeah.

MY REVIEW:

It's heavy duty for sure. The strap does have a padded piece so you can carry it on your shoulder. It's not super padded, but it does the job. The bag is so dope though. Seriously, heavy duty. It's not just a cheap over prized duffel bag.

It has 15 spaces for cables. 2 double smaller pockets on the front, 1 big double one in the back. The one in the back is basically the size of the 2 smaller ones.

I looked at one of the reviews and they said that the metal piece broke after the bag was loaded. I'll watch out for that, but upon inspection, it seems very strong and not just some cheap piece from those cheap bags.

The strap for carrying the bag does have a better padded handle. Definitely comfortable.

Well, worth the money in my opinion. I was afraid it wasn't going to be heavy duty but it's a keeper. Now, to test it through actual gig work.

Here are the pics along with my old record bag that I used for cables. I can't believe I had that bag for 19 years and while it did serve me well, I hated having to dig for cables.

Notice the size difference. Yes. This bag is bigger than my old one but definitely more organized and it fits a lot more cables which I needed. Also, there are other models out there. I think there's a CF0-03 and an LTE.

www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com
www.erbmagazine.com

nm
DJ Tracktion 9:46 PM - 26 April, 2016
I have this bag too and although I didn't want to drop that amount of money on a bag at first it was def worth it.

I have tons of extension cords, multi strips, xlrs, a spare corded mic, gaff tape, table covers, etc and this bag keeps it organized. It gets heavy but whatever. I may take out the center 2 or 3 dividers and stack my most used wires in the center.

I've had the bag for about 2 years now so it's been durable and haven't had any problems with it.
 6 12:25 AM - 1 May, 2016
Glad to see yours has lasted. It does get heavy indeed. When it's fully packed, I rather just use my cart to roll it in. I've been thinking of getting the smaller one for smaller gigs.

nm
djvtyme85 11:37 AM - 2 May, 2016
glad you posted this bc i've been on the fence about ordering it. i plan on buying both models for different size gigs and packing it accordingly. not worried about weight as my bag usually ends up on my cart anyway. zippers and tearing were my biggest concern
 6 12:06 AM - 3 May, 2016
Quote:
glad you posted this bc i've been on the fence about ordering it. i plan on buying both models for different size gigs and packing it accordingly. not worried about weight as my bag usually ends up on my cart anyway. zippers and tearing were my biggest concern

Exactly why I posted it. Gotta help the fellow DJ's.

I just ordered the smaller version too.

nm
DJ Tracktion 1:57 AM - 3 May, 2016
Yeah I use a cart too...but when I have to carry it, it's heavy lol
Taipanic 2:16 PM - 3 May, 2016
I got the smaller cablephyle bag, with around 10 separate slots for wires a few months ago. has held up good so far. Caries everything I need for smaller gigs, cables, mic, power strip, tablecloth, etc...