Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato dj intro & Serato Dj

Dj Hilz 1:07 PM - 7 April, 2016
Hi guys. Just wanted to find out. i bought the pioneer ddj sb 2 and it came with Serato Dj intro. i now want to get the SL2 for my Numark ndx 900. my question is, will this upgrade to serato dj via the SL2 mean that my ddj sb2 will work with serato dj. i would like to use serato dj on the ddj sb2 and NOT the intro version it came with. please advise
pdidy 5:07 AM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
my question is, will this upgrade to serato dj via the SL2 mean that my ddj sb2 will work with serato dj.

no
Quote:
i would like to use serato dj on the ddj sb2 and NOT the intro version it came with.

you will need to purchase a serato dj license for the sb2..

the sl2 does not come with or require a license because its plug n play.
cardonar 9:16 PM - 20 August, 2016
I have a question. I have serato dj on my pioneer ddjsx with my serato video that i have license . And i just perchase the pioneer ddjsb2 it has the serato intro. I wanted to upgrade the intro to serato dj to my mac pro. Do i need to purchase the serato dj license to have both software on the same mac book. For now i am trying to free trial verson and it works like the same setup on my ddjsx.
pdidy 7:00 AM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
I have a question. I have serato dj on my pioneer ddjsx with my serato video that i have license . And i just perchase the pioneer ddjsb2 it has the serato intro. I wanted to upgrade the intro to serato dj to my mac pro. Do i need to purchase the serato dj license to have both software on the same mac book. For now i am trying to free trial verson and it works like the same setup on my ddjsx.

yes
truant70 1:27 PM - 5 September, 2016
So are you saying that the license is for a hardware/software combo? I have the DDJ-SB2 and am about to upgrade from intro to full Serato DJ, but was also thinking about getting a mini controller for when I travel for work so I can use the software to practice.

Will the mini controller work with Serato DJ also?
peggy 11:17 AM - 8 September, 2017
no, the new controller will work with serato intro !
DJ Tecniq 11:50 AM - 8 September, 2017
Quote:
Will the mini controller work with Serato DJ also?
It actually depends on what "mini controller" you are speaking of. If you purchase a sdj license and the mini controller is plug & play for sdj intro then any controller that uses serato dj intro will work with Serato DJ because you have a full license so yes!
DJ Tecniq 11:51 AM - 8 September, 2017
You can purchase a SDJ license here - store.serato.com
DJ GEE_KAY 11:31 PM - 20 September, 2017
So just to be clear.... If I have a DDJ-SX with the full version of Serato then my SB2 is plug and play with my current license correct?
DJ Tecniq 4:38 AM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
So just to be clear.... If I have a DDJ-SX with the full version of Serato then my SB2 is plug and play with my current license correct?
the DDJSX is a plug & play device for SDJ the whole purchase of the unit is the license for that specific product. The SB2 is an upgrade device for SDJ which requires a SDJ license to use that product. Now if you already have a license then your SB2 is fully compatible with SDJ software. You can find out in your "my Serato" panel to the bottom right when your hardware is disconnected. Because you have the SX that is compatible as plug & play with SDJ does not mean your SB2 is they are completely different products of each other however one needs a license (SB2) and the other doesn't (SX2) cause it's already plug & play ready. The more expensive controllers are usually always plug & play and require no license. The cheaper entry level controllers are upgrade devices. So in a nutshell the best bet is to always purchase the expensive controllers you're spending more money but at least you have the full program👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 4:39 AM - 21 September, 2017
SX2 = SX* my bad
DJ Tecniq 4:45 AM - 21 September, 2017
To learn which controllers are compatible for Serato DJ see the hardware list here. You'll notice some will have a logo that says "Serato DJ upgrade ready" which means they are cheap Intro controllers and will require a Serato DJ license to fully use SDJ with those specific products.
serato.com
DJ Tecniq 4:48 AM - 21 September, 2017
"Serato DJ Enabled" - Fully compatible with SDJ

"Serato DJ Upgrade Ready" - You need a SDJ license to fully use Serato DJ software.