Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9 - How do I increase the resolution / text size?

Bullet03 10:04 PM - 2 April, 2016
Hi,

I just got a new laptop (4k screen resolution) and when I loaded and opened Serato 1.9 for the first time, I can hardly see/read the text in Serato. It is so small, and I don't know how to change it or make the program larger.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,
Mark
Telony Ex 10:41 PM - 2 April, 2016
Go to settings, then click Library tab. U will see text size, make adjustments from there
Bullet03 11:46 PM - 2 April, 2016
That didn't work. In fact, the whole screen resolution is too small. Everything is miniature.
London Broil 12:26 AM - 3 April, 2016
Try this:
System Preferences/Displays/click-Scaled/adjust to a lower resolution.
Bullet03 5:23 AM - 3 April, 2016
@londonbroil - why do i need to change the resolution settings of the laptop? Isn't Serato upgraded for 4k resolution outputs??

Mark
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:15 AM - 3 April, 2016
Quote:
@londonbroil - why do i need to change the resolution settings of the laptop? Isn't Serato upgraded for 4k resolution outputs??

Mark

no
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:16 AM - 3 April, 2016
pioneers rekord box is though, give it a go thre is a free trial too
Bullet03 1:17 PM - 3 April, 2016
I don't use recordbox, i use serato DJ.
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:27 PM - 3 April, 2016
Then get use to the crappy resolution till serato release a high dpi version
Bullet03 2:49 PM - 3 April, 2016
Thanks. I'm going to email Serato for technical support.
Bullet03 5:58 PM - 3 April, 2016
This is bullshit. I can't find a resolution size which will allow me to see the serato software the way I used to (aka i don't need a fucking magnifying glass to see the functions).

What the hell serato?
London Broil 1:48 AM - 4 April, 2016
'Raging' Bullet03

Wondering if you have the resolution to the highest setting on your laptop? I almost always have it about half way because as you said, everything is beyond small. I think they designed this so you can hook it up to a 4k Monitor and maintain the crispness. On a normal day most users don't have it jacked up to the highest settings.

Also not sure if this is Seratos' fault and more Apple.
Bullet03 2:51 AM - 4 April, 2016
I don't have an apple - I would never support Apple.

So, I've cut the resolution down to 1920 x 1080, and I've also had to magnify the text/apps to 300% just to have it at a 'tolerable' size. It is such a waste of a full screen however, and still doesn't utilize the screen capability...
Phsyraxion 3:11 AM - 4 April, 2016
There is a setting in windows to setup the DPI scaling for apps. Try increase that.
Djaward 4:39 PM - 4 April, 2016
Quote:

So, I've cut the resolution down to 1920 x 1080, and I've also had to magnify the text/apps to 300% just to have it at a 'tolerable' size. It is such a waste of a full screen however, and still doesn't utilize the screen capability...

You can adjust this very easily on a MAC..

By the way, Its not a setting in Serato, its the setting on your computer. Try going into your options and zoom in on the screen or making the text bigger.
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 4 April, 2016
Quote:
Hi,

I just got a new laptop (4k screen resolution) and when I loaded and opened Serato 1.9 for the first time, I can hardly see/read the text in Serato. It is so small, and I don't know how to change it or make the program larger.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,
Mark
If you had a mac you wouldn't have these "problems" Hooray for Windows!
razcal_ger 8:58 AM - 14 May, 2016
Quote:
If you had a mac you wouldn't have these "problems" Hooray for Windows!

Incorrect, as numerous similar reports (complaints) on this forum from users of Macbooks with Retina displays should indicate.

It seems that SDJ in general is not optimized yet for high-dpi displays (regardless of PC/Win or Apple/Mac OS).

There is a workaround for Win 8/10 which will make SDJ usable, but not exactly pleasant to use (blurry text).
www.danantonielli.com

Apparently, this issue has existed for years now (at least since 2013), and the only official reaction from Serato I've found is this guide on how to work the display and scaling settings to make things a little better (both Mac OS and Win).
support.serato.com

It seems that until Serato decides to make SDJ high-dpi compatible, this is all that can be done. Frankly, I do not know how Serato has not acted on this issue, as more and more high-dpi devices are sold.

PS: I'm not an expert, and, tbh, I gathered this information in 2h of online surfing and reading. If there is anyone here who can provide more detailed info on the issue, or knows a better workaround, please let us know. Also, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
E11World 5:17 AM - 15 February, 2017
This is like: Hi we make the best dj software but we're just a few years behind. What a waste of screen estate and a stupid work around for the moment (very long moment)
Anomoly 10:29 PM - 24 February, 2017
+1 on better resolution... i have to dumb down my whole laptop to 1080 in order to use serato... disapointing for a 4k display.
YettiTechniques 10:53 PM - 25 February, 2017
@razcel_ger Thats for that link, the manifest files worked a charm. I was getting rather annoyed having to change my resolution every time i wanted to DJ.
Sort out the DPI issues serato!
Sukh88 11:44 PM - 25 May, 2017
Quote:

I found a fix!
It's easy but it worked for me.

I was having this issue but what i did is zoom to 350% ... wait for it
I was going mad nothing changed.

I missed a small notice that said "sign out for setting to take effect" (something along those lines)

So once a made the changes i signed out and sign back in. It opened fine and was easy to view as normal.

Hope this works for you.
pudpoh 1:24 PM - 28 May, 2017
You don't need to hack around with the registry to fix this, just download the latest version of Serato DJ, it's been fixed, it now reports that it is not dpi aware to windows which will resolve the issues you are having without needing to add registry keys and using an external manifest file.