Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How to reset forgotten windows 8 password?

Perteroly 6:15 AM - 25 March, 2016
Hello, I have a old hp laptop with windows 8 OS, but I haven't use it in years, and today I open it, I was asked to enter the password, but I completely forgot the password, how to reset it ?
grell72 12:40 PM - 25 March, 2016
You can use Windows reset disk (recommended) or Microsoft account service to reset password of Windows computer.
Perteroly 2:47 AM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
You can use Windows reset disk (recommended) or Microsoft account service to reset password of Windows computer.

I know password reset disk, but I didn't create a reset disk, I mean the I forgot the local account password.
maarawoe 5:45 AM - 27 March, 2016
Microsoft forums are a great place to ask...
grell72 6:51 AM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I know password reset disk, but I didn't create a reset disk, I mean the I forgot the local account password.

Making a windows reset disk is easy nowadays with USB drive. Then insert the bootable disk to locked computer and reset password to blank with the disk. Here is a detailed guide on this, hope this helps: www.iseepassword.com
Perteroly 6:54 AM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Making a windows reset disk is easy nowadays with USB drive. Then insert the bootable disk to locked computer and reset password to blank with the disk. Here is a detailed guide on this, hope this helps: www.iseepassword.com

thanks, but I have no USB drive, i will purchase one. How much storage do I need to purchase? 8G or 16G ?
grell72 7:28 AM - 27 March, 2016
8G is enough for that. The image file is quite small
Matt9804 11:36 AM - 5 May, 2016
Is it a local account or Microsoft account? The password removal method differs depend on your account type:

www.top-password.com
www.chntpw.com

If there is no important files on your hard drive, you can perform a reset or refresh.
DjSyndic8 5:50 AM - 6 May, 2016
has any one asked if this laptop stolen? we could be helping someone here that stole a laptop .........just saying?
Davideon 7:12 AM - 7 May, 2016
Quote:
Microsoft forums are a great place to ask...
DjSyndic8 3:03 AM - 22 May, 2016
Quote:
has any one asked if this laptop stolen? we could be helping someone here that stole a laptop .........just saying?

must be stolen no response
Pacerns 6:22 AM - 28 August, 2017
How to reset Windows 8 password .
You can install a password reset tool on your computer from : www.recoverywindowspassword.com
Create password reset disk with USB or CD/DVD, and keep in mind , you need to make the USB/CD /DVD flash drive as the first boot device , in this way your locked computer will booting from password reset disk ,
And you will be able to reset your Windows 8 password ,
DjSyndic8 6:25 AM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
How to reset Windows 8 password .
You can install a password reset tool on your computer from : www.recoverywindowspassword.com
Create password reset disk with USB or CD/DVD, and keep in mind , you need to make the USB/CD /DVD flash drive as the first boot device , in this way your locked computer will booting from password reset disk ,
And you will be able to reset your Windows 8 password ,

dont encourage dealing in stolen goods
Logisticalstyles 12:38 AM - 29 August, 2017
I use this product.
www.boot-disk.com

Quote:
Quote:

must be stolen no response

Maybe he was ignoring you because he already said it was a laptop that he hasn't used in a while. Did you read the original post? I've been in that exact situation before and wish someone would have helped me out instead of accusing me of having a stolen laptop.
Mike Butler 8:37 PM - 29 August, 2017
If the laptop hasn't been used in years then it's likely any data on it is either out of date or forgotten so I'd suggest just reinstalling Windows and starting fresh with a clean system.

Mike
DjSyndic8 10:24 PM - 29 August, 2017
Quote:
Maybe he was ignoring you because he already said it was a laptop that he hasn't used in a while. Did you read the original post? I've been in that exact situation before and wish someone would have helped me out instead of accusing me of having a stolen laptop.

you don't literally believe everything you read on the internet do u "Logisticalstyles"

If I said I was working for Microsoft would you believe me.......... exactly what I mean
IronThrone 10:20 AM - 6 September, 2019
Both of my computers are experiencing login password loss problems (Windows 7 and Windows 8), but fortunately, it can be solved at the same time.
IronThrone 10:22 AM - 6 September, 2019
Quote:
Both of my computers are experiencing login password loss problems (Windows 7 and Windows 8), but fortunately, it can be solved at the same time.
pogostick.net
pogostick.net

But i have not used on Linux computer,and i don't know if they're compatible with Linux.
Orangestraw 3:07 AM - 9 September, 2019
I know that:
www.winpwd.com
www.piotrbania.com
Many times, Microsoft's solutions don't work 100% of the time,like the free tutorials that Microsoft offers that still go awry.