Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9 vs 1.8 vs 1.7.8

zebra 9:52 PM - 23 March, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm so sorry to say that i can not choose the version 1.8 or 1.9 also.
Another features you added but not improve the quality of waveforms.
First thing that should be checked when you have to launch an update is the waveform . This thing is most important when we have to put on beat 2 songs .
I have Macbook Pro 2012 , i7, SSD, a lot of RAM and waveforms not run so smooth in 1.8 and 1.9 but is OK in 1.7.8 . It have visual artifacts.

Another issue : please look and compare SSL with SDJ and you will see that SDJ looks like a toy (a lot of buttons and colors) compared with SSL.
Many times you said about some improvements in sound quality on every update. What i should understand ? ..... that Serato everytime has problems in sound quality ?

Please have in mind , when you have to work for the next SDJ update, please do not use the ultimate Mac or PC hardware cause maybe more than 50% of Serato users will not be happy.

In my opinion 1.7.8 is the last update that works OK for me. Here , on this forum was a lot discussion abut that and nothing with 1.9.0. I hope that you will take in consideration our opinion with the next update very soon .
In conclusion, please try to test it both 1.9 vs 1.7.8 on Macbook Pro 2012/2013 and let us know your opinion.

Thank You !
DJ FANDOS 11:15 PM - 23 March, 2016
+1
DJArielNYC 12:36 AM - 24 March, 2016
thanks... it seem that us djs need to stay stuck using old equipment ... i just did all the new updates with el capitan and to 1.9 and it still have the same problem HID mode dosent work and my rane mixer still has all those problems thanks a lot serato , apple and rane i looking into traktor dj
Dj jochi 2:38 AM - 24 March, 2016
The funny thing is that serato team told me that my computer which is a core duo 2 Mabook pro was not supported since 1.8 and now I see that people with i7 are having issues. I just ordered a new MacBook which I should be deliver to me tomorrow. Serato needs to stop giving excuses to their customer and work in solving the mess they have done.
skinnyguy 7:20 AM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
...the waveform . This thing is most important when we have to put on beat 2 songs .

most hardcore og DJ's mix by ear.
pdidy 8:51 AM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
thanks... it seem that us djs need to stay stuck using old equipment ... i just did all the new updates with el capitan and to 1.9 and it still have the same problem HID mode dosent work and my rane mixer still has all those problems thanks a lot serato , apple and rane i looking into traktor dj

Failure is the greatest teacher, consider yourself in class :)
DJ G-Rebel 10:38 AM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Hello guys,

First thing that should be checked when you have to launch an update is the waveform . This thing is most important when we have to put on beat 2 songs .
I have Macbook Pro 2012 , i7, SSD, a lot of RAM and waveforms not run so smooth in 1.8 and 1.9 but is OK in 1.7.8 . It have visual artifacts.

Another issue : please look and compare SSL with SDJ and you will see that SDJ looks like a toy (a lot of buttons and colors) compared with SSL.
Many times you said about some improvements in sound quality on every update. What i should understand ? ..... that Serato everytime has problems in sound quality ?

Please have in mind , when you have to work for the next SDJ update, please do not use the ultimate Mac or PC hardware cause maybe more than 50% of Serato users will not be happy.

In my opinion 1.7.8 is the last update that works OK for me. Here , on this forum was a lot discussion abut that and nothing with 1.9.0. I hope that you will take in consideration our opinion with the next update very soon .
In conclusion, please try to test it both 1.9 vs 1.7.8 on Macbook Pro 2012/2013 and let us know your opinion.

Thank You !

The Funny thing is.. Serato DJ 1.9 is the first Version that runs flawless on my old Macbook 13" white unibody with yosemite installed!!
What i just updated on the mac is the RAM to 8GB and put in a SSD Crucial M4 Drive instead of the HDD.
On older Serato DJ Versions like 1.6 and up i always had numerous dropouts if i'd switched the latency button lower than 5. Now i can run the software with 0 latency.
I don't know why but it works. :)
I also run scratch live 2.5 .
I 'll try to update to el capitan if the rane drivers will be updated for the sl2 and the sl4 and want to check out if scratch live will still run on el capitan because it also runs very good on yosemite.
Dj jochi 10:41 AM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Failure the greatest teacher but when you getting pay to do an event, the paying costumer don't want any failures.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:26 AM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Failure the greatest teacher but when you getting pay to do an event, the paying costumer don't want any failures.

over to you pdiddy

now grabbing popcorn
Chino 1:33 PM - 24 March, 2016
I have experienced jerky wave forms and random audio drop outs since 1.8.0. I have reported this issue to Support. I also followed Serato's Optimization guide. Support stated that this is an issue with certain computer configurations. This issue needs to be fixed.

mid 2012 MBP OSX 10.8.5 2.6 i7 16GB RAM 750GB internal HD
DJ Quartz 2:21 PM - 24 March, 2016
Hey Chino, just wanted to verify you're running 10.8.5 or 10.9.5?

Reason I ask is your mbp is newer than mine, runs at a higher clock rate and has more ram.

It should be flying on yours.
DJ Trice 3:03 PM - 24 March, 2016
...interresting... i'm looking for the team reply.
Official_Dutch 3:08 PM - 24 March, 2016
I have been having issues with all the previous versions. 1.7.8 seemed to run the best for me despite some choppy waveforms at times until I received to audio dropouts the other night. I downloaded 1.9 yesterday and have gave 2 try out sessions at home without any dropouts, waveform choppiness, it ran, dare i say, flawlessly.

Will do two more tests today of minimum 1 hours runs before going into 4 gigs over the next 3days. I'll report back.

I too have followed the complete optimization guide and even went as far as disabling the strip search bar.

Specs: 2015 MBP x SSD x i5 x El Capitain 10.11.2
Chino 3:27 PM - 24 March, 2016
@DJ Quartz…. I'm running 10.8.5. It SHOULD be running really well BUT it's not! I've had this same issue since 1.8.0. The wave forms in SDJ 1.7.8 and SSL are MUCH smoother!

DJ Quartz 3:29 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
@DJ Quartz…. I'm running 10.8.5. It SHOULD be running really well BUT it's not! I've had this same issue since 1.8.0. The wave forms in SDJ 1.7.8 and SSL are MUCH smoother!

This is true we all noticed there was issue with the waveforms after 1.7.8.

For me personally, it's improved in the latest 1.9 releases. I'm not sure if everyone else is seeing this.

Also I have my max screen updates set to 30fps for the time being. I don't bother setting it any higher.
Chino 3:42 PM - 24 March, 2016
If I run my max screen updates at 20fps or 30fps then the wave forms become REAL jerky. I also have to keep the audio latency at 5ms. I run SDJ at 40fps. If I zoom the wave form all the way out to where it runs fast then it also becomes jerky/laggy. In Scratch Live I can run the max screen refresh updates at 20fps, the audio latency at 2ms and zoom the wave forms all the way out. The wave form displays in Scratch Live are super smooth.
DJ Quartz 3:45 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
If I run my max screen updates at 20fps or 30fps then the wave forms become REAL jerky. I also have to keep the audio latency at 5ms. I run SDJ at 40fps. If I zoom the wave form all the way out to where it runs fast then it also becomes jerky/laggy. In Scratch Live I can run the max screen refresh updates at 20fps, the audio latency at 2ms and zoom the wave forms all the way out. The wave form displays in Scratch Live are super smooth.

Scratch Live has super fluid waveforms comparatively right now.

I run at 30fps and 2ms myself.
Chino 3:56 PM - 24 March, 2016
With the wave forms displaying the way they do, I constantly feel like SDJ is going to crash on me. I've also experienced random audio drop outs. The worse feeling for me is doing a gig and having to worry about unstable software. Instead, I need to concentrate on reading the crowd and mixing, cutting, scratching etc. It's now to the point that I only play out live with Serato Scratch Live. I will wait for SDJ 2.0 before attempting to do a gig with it.
DJ Quartz 3:58 PM - 24 March, 2016
I know what you mean, I've been there with other platforms before too.

It causes performance anxiety.
DJ Tecniq 5:00 PM - 24 March, 2016
SSL is my ride or die. SDJ is just the side chick👌🏻
Chino 5:04 PM - 24 March, 2016
LOL… I like the analogy, bro!
pdidy 6:02 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

over to you pdiddy

now grabbing popcorn

naaa i doubt they even know what im talking about lol
aleksey 7:36 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Hello guys,

Thank You !

I saw a significant improvement in terms of smooth waveforms with 1.82 after I upraded to Yosemite. With Mavericks 1.78 was way better than 1.82. Haven't tried 1.9 yet. I have a similar MBP, mid 2012, i7, SSD, 8 GB RAM.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:36 PM - 24 March, 2016
Had the jerky waveform on 1.9 this evening, none during the beta testing. A quick restart of my mac and it's alright again. Was using Mix Emergency too.
Chino 12:00 AM - 25 March, 2016
@ DJ Marv… I also use Mix Emergency. Are you running version 3.1? I still run Mix Emergency 2.7.1. Do you find the wave forms and video output to be overall smoother with the latest Mix Emergency version?
Terrence Stokes 2:44 AM - 25 March, 2016
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Serato DJ 1.9 Is Flawless on my system and the waves are smoother than its ever been. I use a Rane 64 on Yosemite 10.10.5. It is so butter smooth, I'm afraid to test the new drivers for El Capitain.
Terrence Stokes 2:45 AM - 25 March, 2016
Also I use mixemrgency.
DJ Quartz 3:36 PM - 25 March, 2016
I used ME but it happens without it as well.
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:13 PM - 25 March, 2016
I hope you guys realize that the max FPS means the max framerate. if you set it lower the waveforms are going to look like shit. you need to set it to 60 FPS because that means the screen is refreshing 60 times per second, and will give you the smoothest waveform flow. setting it to 40 or 30 or even 50 will make it seem like its not smoot but thats because your screen isn't refreshing as fast. look up computer screen FPS or Refresh rate on google and you'll understand why you need to set the FPS higher.
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:16 PM - 25 March, 2016
and if you can't set it to 60 FPS then maybe your computer isn't up to spec to run serato DJ, or you need to stop torrenting shit on your computer. theres no reason a newer macbook pro shouldn't be able to run SDJ at 60 FPS. i have a mid 2010 with 4GB of ram and the core 2 duo (not even an I series processor) and i run at 60 FPS with no problems. don't blame serrate because you don't understand whats wrong with your own computer. thats like blaming the car company for the motor running like shit because you never change your oil or Re-Gap your spark plugs every few thousand miles.
DJ Tecniq 6:27 PM - 25 March, 2016
☝🏼️He's right I always have mine set to 60 if you go any lower the waveforms will look like total shit I dunno how the hell you guys DJ like that. 60 is life🙌🏼
Chino 7:50 PM - 25 March, 2016
I have tested SDJ 1.8.2 & 1.9.0 using 60FPS and the wave forms STILL are jerky. This has been reported to Support. Support has acknowledged that this is an issue with certain computer configurations. Raising the max screen refresh rate does NOT correct the issue. I have also followed Serato's Optimization guide. For my computer setup, the wave forms in SDJ 1.7.8 and SSL are much smoother.

Chino 8:06 PM - 25 March, 2016
Identifying an issue in SDJ is NOT meant to put blame on Serato. It is simply identifying an area of opportunity for improvement. The purpose of this forum is to help Serato address and resolve any software issues. Feedback is crucial to software development.
DJ Johnny Bertone 10:48 PM - 25 March, 2016
Quote:
Identifying an issue in SDJ is NOT meant to put blame on Serato. It is simply identifying an area of opportunity for improvement. The purpose of this forum is to help Serato address and resolve any software issues. Feedback is crucial to software development.

Yes but by people saying "thanks serato for not doing anything thanks I'm going to traktor I'm taking my business elsewhere" is putting the blame on serato. There's a proper way to give feedback and that isn't it.
938MyDJ 5:23 AM - 26 March, 2016
Some people thinks they are Michael Jordan leaving Nike...

SMH...

Use what works for you people, Geez!
DJ Johnny Bertone 5:33 AM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Some people thinks they are Michael Jordan leaving Nike...

SMH...

Use what works for you people, Geez!

LMAO that's what I was thinking. "I'm going to traktor"
Alright well pioneer and Serato already has your money if you're using their controller their program and on their forum complaining. They're sitting there hoping the door doesn't hit you on the way out
pdidy 6:09 AM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yes but by people saying "thanks serato for not doing anything thanks I'm going to traktor I'm taking my business elsewhere" is putting the blame on serato. There's a proper way to give feedback and that isn't it.

But let's be realistic, these people don't know what the fuck they're talking about anyway....

To be honest these are the least intelligent of us...... so maybe they are doing us a favor...
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:19 AM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But let's be realistic, these people don't know what the fuck they're talking about anyway....

To be honest these are the least intelligent of us...... so maybe they are doing us a favor...

I didn't want to go that far lol
pdidy 6:44 AM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:

i may have been a lil too honest.....lol
DJ Johnny Bertone 7:04 AM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i may have been a lil too honest.....lol

Lol well anyway related to the actual thread, I'm currently in the middle of using the program on a 6 hour set and have noticed the quirks that 1.9 has that 1.7.8 didn't. First off, the track position marker moves in sections, not fluidly like it previously did. I get audio drops while I'm searching the entire library (not too horrible but noticeable enough) and the waveform isn't perfect. But I'm not blaming any of this on serato because I have a 6 year old fucking laptop lol obviously it's not going to run perfect.
DJ Johnny Bertone 7:46 AM - 26 March, 2016
That's how you provide useful feedback. Not "fuck you serato your product that's designed to run on millions of machines efficent isn't perfect! I'm going elsewhere!"
*doesnt actually go anywhere just complains hoping it'll make the development team change something*
DJ Quartz 4:15 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
I have tested SDJ 1.8.2 & 1.9.0 using 60FPS and the wave forms STILL are jerky. This has been reported to Support. Support has acknowledged that this is an issue with certain computer configurations. Raising the max screen refresh rate does NOT correct the issue. I have also followed Serato's Optimization guide. For my computer setup, the wave forms in SDJ 1.7.8 and SSL are much smoother.

* This *

It's a known issue on certain systems and not an isolated problem.
deejdave 5:18 PM - 26 March, 2016
Ftr I never have/had to go above 30 updates per second in the past. I still don't because there is no difference between 30 and 60 for me. The issue lies (as it is known) on serato's end.
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:16 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Ftr I never have/had to go above 30 updates per second in the past. I still don't because there is no difference between 30 and 60 for me. The issue lies (as it is known) on serato's end.

The issue lies within your computers own refresh rate then. Not serato. Mine works fine. Thousands of others works fine. Just because yours doesn't work doesn't mean it's the program's fault.
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:16 PM - 26 March, 2016
This is just another poor case of "I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll put the blame on the developers"

Learn about computers before you start blaming people who work with them for a living
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:54 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The issue lies within your computers own refresh rate then. Not serato. Mine works fine. Thousands of others works fine. Just because yours doesn't work doesn't mean it's the program's fault.

Quote:
This is just another poor case of "I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll put the blame on the developers"

Learn about computers before you start blaming people who work with them for a living

From the person who DOES NOT know what he is talking about and it is 100% Serato fault! What so magically our graphics cards goto shit on any SDJ 1.8.0 above then back fine with any other program in the world even sdj 1.7.8 and below.

Maybe you should try leaning about facts before you start blaming people for Seratos poor coding.
DJ Johnny Bertone 9:06 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

From the person who DOES NOT know what he is talking about and it is 100% Serato fault! What so magically our graphics cards goto shit on any SDJ 1.8.0 above then back fine with any other program in the world even sdj 1.7.8 and below.

Maybe you should try leaning about facts before you start blaming people for Seratos poor coding.

You're right I don't know anything I'm stupid and don't repair computer hardware and software for a living. Take a lap guy
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:34 PM - 26 March, 2016
At least you admit it.
DJ Johnny Bertone 10:17 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Honesty is the best policy in my opinion
DJ Tecniq 1:17 AM - 27 March, 2016
Incorrect it is Serato's fault they have admitted after 1.7 the gui has been sluggish. Did you see their demo of 1.9 on YouTube. Yeah waveforms not smooth at all...🙄
david07 12:53 PM - 27 March, 2016
sdj 1.7.8 best version,waveforms working perfect on my macbook 2012 i7 (quad core) ssd samsung evo,8gb ram ,hd4000 graphics
1.8.xx =bad
1.9=bad
1.7.8=perfect
deejdave 1:20 PM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Then why can't you accept that Serato themselves have confirmed this issue? Do you even use a MacBook Pro? By the fact that you think the FPS thing will help I am going to assume no. With a MBP 30 FPS is better than Windows at full blown 60 ................ normally. THIS is the issue as it is not as it used to be. FTR it is actually working backwards to debate issues that have already been confirmed as fact. As someone who works with computers you should understand the FIRST step in fixing a problem is admitting there is one.
WarpNote 2:22 PM - 27 March, 2016
I actually played 1.7.8 at my gig last nite to compare waveforms.
They were even worse than 1.8/1.9 on my machine, late 2013 retina 15" i7 2,7 ghz, nividia geoforce 1024mb graphics.

Now that I think about it, Ive never ever seen SDJ waveforms perform above 23-25 fps on ANY computer, regardless of settings/spec. Im not dependent on waves myself, but I do agree that it can be disruptive to watch staggering waves at times.
DJ Johnny Bertone 5:44 PM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Then why can't you accept that Serato themselves have confirmed this issue? Do you even use a MacBook Pro? By the fact that you think the FPS thing will help I am going to assume no. With a MBP 30 FPS is better than Windows at full blown 60 ................ normally. THIS is the issue as it is not as it used to be. FTR it is actually working backwards to debate issues that have already been confirmed as fact. As someone who works with computers you should understand the FIRST step in fixing a problem is admitting there is one.

If you read up a few posts I say I'm using a 2010 core 2 duo mbp with only 4 gb of ram and I wasnt experiencing too many problems other than random audio dropouts.
Not sure how the program performs better on my mediocre and almost obsolete machine and performs like asscheeks on newer and higher spec machines
deejdave 6:21 PM - 27 March, 2016
Quote:
Not sure how the program performs better on my mediocre and almost obsolete machine and performs like asscheeks on newer and higher spec machines

Your machine actually is legally obsolete (as are all 2010 MacBook Pro's) or vintage by Apple standards depending on region www.macrumors.com and it is in fact the new machines that are mostly being affected which is the cause for alarm. We are all unsure how/why SDJ is working better with older unsupported hardware than newer (even brand new in some cases) machines that were running SDJ quite well up until recently. As Warp said there have been periodic reported issues with the waveforms throughout the years though.

Quote:
If you read up a few posts I say I'm using a 2010 core 2 duo mbp with only 4 gb of ram and I wasnt experiencing too many problems other than random audio dropouts.

Unfortunately I would not get my hopes up for the dropouts to get any better being Serato dropped support for all Core2Duo's www.dropbox.com Not trying to get all negative on you but I didn't know if you knew and I would personally want to know if it were me thus avoiding throwing anymore money into said machine in hopes of it running better with Serato if you catch my drift.
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:47 PM - 27 March, 2016
Yea this computer is going to be used until I pick up a newer computer. Do you understand my logic though? the fact that it is working on a legally obsolete computer mostly fine and not working on a newer over spec computer leads me to think its with the computer or user not the program..
And I know the dropouts are due to the processors lack of power to process the constant audio and USB I/O as well as me trying to search a 90,000 song library and download a song or two in the background. If I put my latency up all the way it'll run fine but at the cost of the lag from controller to computer. For now 1.7.8 works and that's how I'll keep it Until 1.9 + gets the kinks ironed out and I get a newer machine
deejdave 7:19 PM - 27 March, 2016
I completely understand your logic and it would be one of my first assumptions in troubleshooting this issue as well but in all honesty we are past this step and the issue has been narrowed down to serato's end.

It was actually easy on my end being I run four Macbook pro's and everything was smooth as butter then one day I saw someone post on jerky waveforms (believe it or not it was Woolsey) and then sure enough it was the same for me on all 4 MacBooks of various years all i7's but 2 dual and 2 quad core, running multiple os's with various hardware and the one constant was VERY apparent which was the sdj software itself. Been that way ever since.

Btw everything else you are saying makes 100% sense as it is always best to do what works for you and nobody is qualified to make this decision for you but yourself.

As warp said above there have also been periodic reports of jerky waveforms throughout the years with serato but I was one of the fortunates who were spoiled with silky smooth waveforms at 1ms and 30 screen updates running pitch n time and all expansions other than video which I have but just do not use................ These days are long gone and I can NOT wait until things are back to normal As well.

As you said yourself there is zero need to update your Macbook currently as chances are you would be in the same boat as us and that is NOT a rewarding feeling after dumping a load of cash on a fresh new mbp!!!
Marine 7:42 PM - 27 March, 2016
I have a brand new macbook pro only 8 months old running yosemite and I used 1.9 out last night for a five hour set and the waveforms were jerky all night and felt very unstable using a pioneer ddj sz. I also have a 2011 macbook pro 17 inch and tested on that as well today same thing. I wish serato would put more time into putting out a stable update instead of keep adding features. I miss scratch Live.
skinnyguy 7:46 PM - 27 March, 2016
1.9 ran seemingly smooth for me on a mid-2012 13" mbp with a denon 4000.
Chino 8:41 PM - 27 March, 2016
I sound like a broken record but…

Serato NEEDS to focus on bug fixes, GUI optimizations and overall software stability instead of implementing new features.

Yes, I like new features as much as the next person BUT not when adding all these features has a negative impact on SDJ's overall reliability and stability!

Jerky wave forms and random audio drop outs should NOT be an issue at this stage of SDJ development.

SG SOUNDS 3:39 AM - 28 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
At least you admit it.

I got you beat by a year mines is a 2009 macbook pro core 2 duo and it runs sdj almost flawlessly...i run it on 5 latency and 60 fps...never had problems with sdj...i do use ssl more often because of the sound quality which to me sounds better than sdj..
dj_spark 3:38 PM - 28 March, 2016
Hi all, not a Mac guy but obviously have the same issue...

I've got an old and trusty Lenovo, that use an Intel IGP, GMA950 and since the 1.8 update, I don't have any display. Only 2 circles...

So I opened a support ticket with them and they asked me to update my graphic drivers... Yeah sure, the latest ones are probably from 2009 and after that told me that I should upgrade my computer.

Anyway, I didn't even tried to install the latest 1.9 because they have updated their graphic library for the retina guys and since this, older devices have been "broken".

They won't admit it but the fact is that retina guys was asking for enhancement and got it, what is fair because they are the main core of users but not handling backward compatibility is a big fail in my eyes.

I also have big midi issues with 1.7.x (rotary encoders mapping never last), so I need to unload/reload the mapping during my set when it loose his mind. May be it have been solved into 1.8 and above but I wouldn't never know because I can't run them.

Now, I don't want to sound like an ass, but other companies software don't have issues with my IGP. Been working into IT since nearly 20 years, I don't understand why they didn't put IF THEN ELSE to call the right graphic component for the appropriate hardware.

I don't care about flawless scrolling waveform, all I want is working display and midi as advertised.

2008 Lenovo Thinpad R61i-7650 : C2D 2.5Ghz / 4Gb ram / 128Gb SSD
Same hardware as a same year Macbook, was a dual boot hackintosh for a while, a real work horse that never gave me any trouble.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:59 PM - 28 March, 2016
Serato have not added Retina support by the way, they just changed gui technology from 1.8.0
dj_spark 4:02 PM - 28 March, 2016
Really ? My bad, I really thought but I'm not a Mac guy.
The fact is that this switch have made a lot of damages, something haven't been planned or estimated correctly...
Chino 4:22 PM - 28 March, 2016
These issues have me strongly considering removing the laptop completely out of the equation. I find myself reminiscing about the vinyl and cd days (except for lugging all the heavy crates around..lol). I'm seriously considering going the USB route. I see more and more DJs are just bringing USB sticks to venues and it's plug and play with no issues. I'll be testing Denon's Engine 1.5 over the next few months to see if that can be an alternative.
Bogdan Dobrescu 11:24 PM - 28 March, 2016
Hello Serato support

Did you test 1.7.8 vs 1.8 and 1.9 ?

Jerky wave forms and random audio drop outs should NOT be an issue at this stage of SDJ development.

We need your confirmation with the dead line for next update regarding GUI optimizations and overall software stability instead of implementing new features. We updated to El Capitan and we cannot use the software, especially in live events.

Please, an official answer from Serato management is needed and requested by us and your customers.

Thank you !
pdidy 11:26 PM - 28 March, 2016
Quote:
Hello Serato support

Did you test 1.7.8 vs 1.8 and 1.9 ?

this is NOT the was to address Serato support.
pdidy 11:29 PM - 28 March, 2016
Quote:
We updated to El Capitan and we cannot use the software, especially in live events.

serato.com
Bogdan Dobrescu 11:29 PM - 28 March, 2016
so , where can i post the msg in order to see everybody in this case ?
pdidy 11:34 PM - 28 March, 2016
Quote:
so , where can i post the msg in order to see everybody in this case ?

help request support.serato.com

Phone +64 9 304 0899
Our office hours are 9:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

email support@serato.com
Official_Dutch 2:56 PM - 9 April, 2016
Haven't had one in a while, but unfortunately, another audio dropout last night during the final hour of my set. Really frustrating and just a straight up vibe killer. I do keep and aux channel available with my iPhone plugged in now in case of this bc frankly i do not trust Serato DJ anymore. Good thing I did, but once I restarted the software I was on edge the remainder of the set and just couldn't let it go. This is such a bummer. Update after update and they still cannot get it right. All specs and optimizations are up to date. I haven't my Capitain past 10.11.2 bc I'm worried I'll get more issues.

Has anyone received a better experience with the latest Capitain update with the latest Serato DJ update?
Official_Dutch 2:57 PM - 9 April, 2016
I have also been back and forth with Serato Support, sent him sampled of audio glitches and my latest system report. It's been almost two weeks and have not gotten a response.
DJ Tecniq 3:28 PM - 9 April, 2016
Quote:
I have also been back and forth with Serato Support, sent him sampled of audio glitches and my latest system report. It's been almost two weeks and have not gotten a response.
You won't get much help from them because it's a OSX issue. What hardware are you using?
Official_Dutch 10:54 PM - 9 April, 2016
Macbook Pro 2015 (came with captain or else i would
Quote:
Quote:
You won't get much help from them because it's a OSX issue. What hardware are you using?

Macbook Pro 2015, SSD, 512 GB, i3, 8g Memory (came with captain or else i would of never updated from Yosemite) and the NS7ii controller with all updated drivers and firmware.
Navesh 2:08 AM - 21 May, 2016
Hey, is it me or the effects are better in serato 1.7.8 that 9.0?
DjSyndic8 6:14 AM - 21 May, 2016
Quote:
Hey, is it me or the effects are better in serato 1.7.8 that 9.0?

I agree
soul63 9:11 AM - 21 May, 2016
the effects in 1.9 must be pretty bad then cause their not to clever in 1.7.8..but since they are same effects i'm wondering how they are better in 1.78?..pre listen before going live in effects is well overdue(at least for echo, balance,for example)..i know you cant pre listen internally on traktor,but at least with traktor you can route the effects externally for pre listen
soul63 9:12 AM - 21 May, 2016
not balance..delay..
Navesh 1:59 PM - 21 May, 2016
Try it out for yourself for eg echo out effect. I didn't try 1.9.1 yet but in 9.0 the echo out is a little high pitched then fade away. It's much more cleaner in 1.7.8. I was thinking the same thing too it should be the same effect