Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9 proxy settings to access Pulselocker

DjSaman 3:23 PM - 23 March, 2016
hi,
how can i set the internet proxy settings to Serato DJ 1.9?
my windows workstation has a system proxy setting to access the web.
seems like Serato DJ 1.9 does not use the system proxy settings :(
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:42 PM - 23 March, 2016
Hey DjSaman

Yes, this configuration is quite likely to fail I'm afraid. We didn't specifically test for it, but I can imagine what's happening.

Your Serato account draws info from your local machine to verify the activation and your Serato account state is needed in order to access Pulselocker.

However, in your case, your proxy machine is the one communicating directly with Pulselocker, meaning that your 'Serato DJ computer' and your 'Pulselocker computer' are different. The only way around this that I can see is to bypass the proxy.

Aaron
DjSaman 9:36 PM - 23 March, 2016
Hi Aaron, thanks for your feedback.

So, there is no chance to use the system proxy now?
I don't know how to bypass this, cause without the proxy settings i don't have any access to the web.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:39 PM - 23 March, 2016
Ah okay, let me check with a couple of people as to whether there might be an alternative.
DjSaman 6:19 PM - 24 March, 2016
Thanks Aaron!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:43 PM - 28 March, 2016
Hey DjSaman

I don't have great news I'm afraid. As the blocker to your Pulselocker connection is likely located at your proxy server, the only way around it will have to be found by your IT team (if you have one - let me know if I'm off-track here as to what your exact configuration is).

One possibility is that there is a port needed by Pulselocker that is being blocked by the proxy. We have emailed to ask them for this info and I'll let you know if they can offer anything to help in figuring out how to remove the block.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:28 AM - 29 March, 2016
Okay, so we've just heard back from Pulselocker and the following ports must be open for the integration to work:

API: 80, 443
API Proxy: 8881 (this port is required for the website, not the SDK)

Can you check with your team (or check yourself if you have access to this kind of thing), that these ports are all open and available? Hopefully making these available (if possible) will resolve the issue.

Cheers, Aaron
Skhigh 7:53 PM - 28 April, 2016
Hi,
I have a similar, yet even more crucial problem. I don't use Pulselocker, but I've just bought the Serato DJ license and I am unable to activate it. I can only access the internet via a proxy with an authorization here at my dorm and even if I configure my Windows 10 to use the proxy for internet connection, Serato is still unable to connect and activate my license. I don't know why there is no setting for a proxy in the program, I feel it should be a matter of course for every advanced software using internet connection... Anyhow, do you think some external application could be used to send the traffic from Serato through a proxy?