DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How do Djs DJ BATTLE with Serato/DVS system?

JPhardboiled 6:10 PM - 9 March, 2016
Do they just make 1 long track and put all the different songs on there? Or something else
skinnyguy 6:39 PM - 9 March, 2016
you can if you want.
skinnyguy 6:40 PM - 9 March, 2016
pretty much do whatever you want. even reverse engineer tricks so when performance time comes, it's super easy and clean.
Logisticalstyles 9:50 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Do they just make 1 long track and put all the different songs on there? Or something else

Yeah, you can do that so you don't have to constantly load tracks. It's really up to you to figure out a work flow.
Dj Rehab 11:16 PM - 9 March, 2016
You can put different parts on several tracks. Such as an acapella or looped acapella at the end of a track. If you put, say 2 parts one track- then you can have like 4 or 5 tracks and 8-10 segments to tie together smoothly. You can get really creative......

this video of mine is made like that.........

Watchwww.youtube.com

this was more of a dance spinoff set, not like a DMC. I figure you could get more complex in a DMC......
JPhardboiled 6:56 PM - 10 March, 2016
AWESOME thanks! I liked and subscribed check out my music when you get a chance and here's a scratch battle I was in vs DMC DJ champ Toltech:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, you can do that so you don't have to constantly load tracks. It's really up to you to figure out a work flow.
yowordiagree 12:35 AM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:

Be careful if you do that Rob Swift will find you and kill you.