Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato dj is pure trash

dj vernon nyc 12:56 AM - 8 March, 2016
Normally i keep to my self if i'm unhappy about a product but i've had it with Searto Dj! I'm at home just playing music with 1.8 my mac is top of the line over $3k spent on it! Serato dj 1.8 is playing thur my mac and my pioneer sz it just slows down and stops! No problem i'm at home if i was at a gig i would be fucking mad as hell! So i switch to 1.7.8 its playing well for about a hour then all of a sudden it shuts down my laptop! Then my mac pro would not come back on for about 5 minutes! You guys at Serato have given us garbage with all the serato dj programs! This has never happened to SL 2.5!!! I will be using SL until you greedy losers get it together! I'm not posting no spec to my laptop or my Sz or SX2 you guys at Serato KNOW THIS SERATO DJ IS TRASH enough already and let the paying DJ's KNOW YOU MESSED UP WITH THESE PROGRAMS!
DJ Tecniq 1:02 AM - 8 March, 2016
corrupt files maybe...
citi 1:20 AM - 8 March, 2016
What OS are you using?
DJ Tecniq 1:21 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
What OS are you using?
Sounds like he's on el capitan which is not reliable nor would i trust it.
citi 1:25 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
What OS are you using?
Sounds like he's on el capitan which is not reliable nor would i trust it.

yup
dj vernon nyc 1:54 AM - 8 March, 2016
no i'm using YOSEMITE
DJ Tecniq 1:59 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
no i'm using YOSEMITE
Have you updated the firmware for your controller? May want to look into that before you say it's trash.
citi 2:08 AM - 8 March, 2016
I have an SX2 and there was a firmware update and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Serato 1.7 worked with the SZ. I'm on Yosemite (not mavericks) and I haven't had any real problems. I have experienced 2 freezes with the HARDWARE/Software that I had to restart serato, usually tied to a corrupt file.
dj vernon nyc 2:11 AM - 8 March, 2016
All my firmware is up today date! This the first time this has ever happened! I will be using my 62 and turntables and SL 2.5!
dj vernon nyc 2:12 AM - 8 March, 2016
No corrupted files i checked!
DJ Tecniq 2:17 AM - 8 March, 2016
Maybe it's your computer defective? I have never had serato ever shut down my laptop. Something is odd with your system.
raedonquan 2:26 AM - 8 March, 2016
^^^^ Weren't you the same guy that trashed sdj a year ago... and it was your laptops fault
DJ Tecniq 2:31 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
^^^^ Weren't you the same guy that trashed sdj a year ago... and it was your laptops fault
Actually there still are some things that aren't working right with SDJ. I was having video issues and it was my laptop which was defective which i had no idea of. But good to know you have been paying attention.
dj vernon nyc 2:32 AM - 8 March, 2016
Had my laptop checked by MAC nothing wrong with it! Plus Mr Raedonquan SDJ has been trash from the start! Just because i have the balls to talk about it don't hate punk!
DJ Tecniq 2:36 AM - 8 March, 2016
Yeah waveforms are like being on a windows 95 computer. Jittery as shit even the 1.8.2 version. Offline or online it doesn't matter. Still on SSL for these reasons which is crucial to me. Along with the fx bug...oh and auto gain not getting volume levels correct. Is it trash I wouldn't go that far it just really needs to be reworked.
dj vernon nyc 2:36 AM - 8 March, 2016
Its so bad i don't even use my video with SDJ only with SL!
raedonquan 2:37 AM - 8 March, 2016
Wasn't talking to bud...
raedonquan 2:38 AM - 8 March, 2016
I was talking to dj technique you noticed the arrow on my post
raedonquan 2:43 AM - 8 March, 2016
Sdj has been fine for me day one.. with my 62 and sz...

The jittery wave forms I can live with... but I was hoping that would be fixed..

Only problem I have with sdj is that my amx will not open on the very first try... I just unplug and plug in and it opens... it's not right but it works

Sdj is terrible in hid mode with cdj850......but it's fine with xdj1000
dj vernon nyc 3:08 AM - 8 March, 2016
Sorry then just pissed!
citi 3:31 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Its so bad i don't even use my video with SDJ only with SL!

It appears everyone's mileage may very. I'm on a quad core retina mac with 16gb ram and I use Serato DJ with video on Saturday and it was flawless. I don't notice glitchy waveforms because I don't really look at them.
DJ Tecniq 3:46 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Sorry then just pissed!
Exactly what type of new Mac are you using. Is it a MacBook Pro? Did you buy it brand new/used🤔
Andrei Matei 8:38 AM - 8 March, 2016
Wouldn't say its trash by any means, but until they fix the echo distortion, the auto gain, and the jittery waveforms, it doesn't work for me and I'm sticking with SSL 2.5. These fixes don't even seen to be on the horizon, yet a bunch of cool new stuff is always being added, so I'm not sure when I'll get to finally switch. sigh... :/
DJ Tecniq 1:36 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Wouldn't say its trash by any means, but until they fix the echo distortion, the auto gain, and the jittery waveforms, it doesn't work for me and I'm sticking with SSL 2.5. These fixes don't even seen to be on the horizon, yet a bunch of cool new stuff is always being added, so I'm not sure when I'll get to finally switch. sigh... :/
💯 You're spot on and that's why I haven't fully switched either. SSL 2.5 has been rock solid. If they were ever to bring Camelot key feature to SSL I would prob stick with it.
Djaward 5:02 PM - 8 March, 2016
Ive been running Serato Dj 1.8 along with Yosemite with a Pioneer 900 SRT, Pioneer PLX and I have yet to have any problems.

What I do have problems with is my serato video. The videos play like theyre in slow motion. I think thats fault of my computer and not the program. My MAC is a 2010 and I think its outdated. I think purchasing a new will probably fix this problem (unless you guys have a solution for me).

My question to you djs is What other programs do you have running on your computer? If that other program is running at the same time as you are running Serato, that might be a problem. I make sure to shut down every other program when Im at a gig.

Serato DJ cant be blamed 100% . There's other companies and or products like Pioneer (or whatever brand you play on), Apple and of course, USER ERROR to blame.

Im not sticking up for Serato, they do have to fix a lot of problems in their product. I just dont know how some djs have little to no problems and other djs have major issues with Serato dj. We are all pretty much using the same products but its how we're using them that makes us all different.
DJ Tecniq 5:51 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Ive been running Serato Dj 1.8 along with Yosemite with a Pioneer 900 SRT, Pioneer PLX and I have yet to have any problems.

What I do have problems with is my serato video. The videos play like theyre in slow motion. I think thats fault of my computer and not the program. My MAC is a 2010 and I think its outdated. I think purchasing a new will probably fix this problem (unless you guys have a solution for me).

My question to you djs is What other programs do you have running on your computer? If that other program is running at the same time as you are running Serato, that might be a problem. I make sure to shut down every other program when Im at a gig.

Serato DJ cant be blamed 100% . There's other companies and or products like Pioneer (or whatever brand you play on), Apple and of course, USER ERROR to blame.

Im not sticking up for Serato, they do have to fix a lot of problems in their product. I just dont know how some djs have little to no problems and other djs have major issues with Serato dj. We are all pretty much using the same products but its how we're using them that makes us all different.
Interesting I used to have a Mid 2010 macbook pro but it was terrible with SDJ and Video. Scratchlive everything was butter. How much ram do you have? May want to think about upgrading the ram or laptop. My 2010 had graphics issues which is why I updated. I assure if you upgrade the ram more you will have better results. It also depends on the processor too.
skinnyguy 6:24 PM - 8 March, 2016
running a mac? try mixemergency for video. cheaper than buying a new lappy.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:58 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
running a mac? try mixemergency for video. cheaper than buying a new lappy.

+1 try MixEmergency
dj vernon nyc 10:46 PM - 8 March, 2016
I have the same macbook pro as you Dj Tecniq max out with ram and 1T hd in it. I also use and ext hd 2T that spins the same speed as my laptop the fastest you can use! I think its time to put pressure on the companies that support Serato to tell them to get there shit together! I have a sz,sx1,sx2 and was thinking about buying the new pioneer battle mixer! But if the program sucks i'm not buying shit! Serato did not pay for NONE OF MY EQUIPMENT AND NOW I'M HAVING PROBLEMS USING THEM!
raedonquan 11:04 PM - 8 March, 2016
what does you activity monitor do when the program is running?
dj vernon nyc 1:11 AM - 9 March, 2016
Don't know i'll check next time i use it!
dj vernon nyc 1:23 AM - 9 March, 2016
Has anyone notice that the guy's at Serato who look at all this forums have not said shit yet!
It doesn't matter if they don't post anything here cause i'm going to start tomorrow emailing
Pioneer,Rane,Numark and Dennon about this Serato Dj programs that work very poorly on there equipment! I will be sending emails everyday until something is done! Cause Serato DIDNOT PAY FOR NONE OF MY EQUIPMENT! IT'S MESSED UP WHEN I CAN NOT USE THE EQUIPMENT THAT I PAYED FOR CAUSE OF THERE TRASH PROGRAMS! LIKE SAID BEFORE I HAVE OVER $3500 IN PIONEER EQUIPMENT ALONE THAT I WILL NOT USE CAUSE MY REPUTATION AS A LEGENDARY DJ MEANS MORE TO ME THAN SERATO DJ! IT STARTS IN THE MORNING WITH THE EMAILS! EVERY DJ ON THIS FORUM SHOULD DO THE SAME! DON'T WAIT TILL THERE LACK OF CARING COST YOU GIGS!
Dj jochi 1:38 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Has anyone notice that the guy's at Serato who look at all this forums have not said shit yet!
It doesn't matter if they don't post anything here cause i'm going to start tomorrow emailing
Pioneer,Rane,Numark and Dennon about this Serato Dj programs that work very poorly on there equipment! I will be sending emails everyday until something is done! Cause Serato DIDNOT PAY FOR NONE OF MY EQUIPMENT! IT'S MESSED UP WHEN I CAN NOT USE THE EQUIPMENT THAT I PAYED FOR CAUSE OF THERE TRASH PROGRAMS! LIKE SAID BEFORE I HAVE OVER $3500 IN PIONEER EQUIPMENT ALONE THAT I WILL NOT USE CAUSE MY REPUTATION AS A LEGENDARY DJ MEANS MORE TO ME THAN SERATO DJ! IT STARTS IN THE MORNING WITH THE EMAILS! EVERY DJ ON THIS FORUM SHOULD DO THE SAME! DON'T WAIT TILL THERE LACK OF CARING COST YOU GIGS!

I'm thinking about buying the Rekord Box Dj. I see that Serato Dj is going down the drain and I can not afford to loose business just because of Serato. I will be following your advise and I'm not going to wait to loose Gigs.
dj vernon nyc 3:18 AM - 9 March, 2016
I think i'm going to look into Rekord Box and Trakor!
pdidy 5:03 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
I have the same macbook pro as you Dj Tecniq max out with ram and 1T hd in it.

It you are using a 2010 mbp core2 duo that may be your problem ?
deejdave 5:14 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
I have the same macbook pro as you Dj Tecniq max out with ram and 1T hd in it

SO to be fair we should clear up your false words.

You HAD a top of the line laptop. It WAS $3,000

The reality of this though is by todays standards this is a very lacking machine and it can be had for around $500 and that is high.

As a matter of fact your laptops was JUST deemed officially vintage or obsoletenews.yahoo.com LOL. How are you going to blame Serato when your laptop is literally no longer supported by Apple themselves? support.apple.com
DJ Tecniq 5:40 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I have the same macbook pro as you Dj Tecniq max out with ram and 1T hd in it.

It you are using a 2010 mbp core2 duo that may be your problem ?
If he's using that. That was my old laptop and it was fine just couldn't run video for shit with its graphics issues. I have a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro and it's super fast but yeah waveforms are still sluggish on SDJ unfortunately🙄
deejdave 5:52 AM - 9 March, 2016
I'd also like to point out that your laptop does not meet minimum requirements for Serato DJ as it no longer supports Core2Duo processors.................... assuming you are using a Core2Duo as suggested above.

A very real reason why SSL may work with your laptop is it supports your laptop.

I know previous versions of SDJ supported Core2Duo but I promise now that it is officially no longer supported by Apple it will only get worse. I mean you will literally no longer be able to upgrade the OS after this just to start. The options here would be to stick with an older (Supported) version, stick with SSL look for older versions of alternate DJ apps or purchase a current and supported laptop.

Just to add to this Rekordbox DJ does not support Core2Duo as it must be Intel Dual Core.

Furthermore Traktor does not support Core2Duo either as it MUST be i5 or higher Dual Core.

Seemingly VDJ does support as all that is needed is an Intel processor.
Dj jochi 11:10 AM - 9 March, 2016
Rekordbox and virtual DJ support Core duo 2. I own a Virtual DJ License and I'm planning to buy Rekordbox. On pioneer web site it said clearly that they support Core Duo 2 processors and highers.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:15 AM - 9 March, 2016
dj vernon nyc 11:47 AM - 9 March, 2016
deejdave i don't who you are and don't give a fuck who you are! Do you work for Serato? Did you help design Serato DJ? Info BOY,IT DID THE ON MY BROTHERS BRAND NEW MACBOOK PRO! LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE EL CAPTAIN ISSUES! SO I'M SUPPOSED TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP EVERY TIME SERATO COMES UP WITH A NEW IDEA?
FUCK OUT OF HERE! SEE THE PROBLEM IS HERE IS THAT I'M A REAL DJ! I'V OWNED AND CARRIED MORE RECORDS THAN YOUR AGE! GO BACK TO PLAYING YOUR TECHNO AND EDM MUSIC BOY!
Dj jochi 11:50 AM - 9 March, 2016
www.tomshardware.com

Serato has been the leading Software company in the market but it is time for them to admit that they being falling down the drain since they came out with Serato itch. I bought a Numark NS7 and was force to buy my MacBook in 2010 because they not support computers with AMD, but guess what I was still having issues and I just stop using the NS7. I went back to using SSL with my Cdjs 1000, DJM 800, and Rane SL 3. Came back to using Serato DJ when the Pioneer DDj came out. The only reason why I use Serato is becase it is basically the club standard, but they need to admit that they are looking bad right now.
Dj jochi 11:52 AM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
deejdave i don't who you are and don't give a fuck who you are! Do you work for Serato? Did you help design Serato DJ? Info BOY,IT DID THE ON MY BROTHERS BRAND NEW MACBOOK PRO! LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE EL CAPTAIN ISSUES! SO I'M SUPPOSED TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP EVERY TIME SERATO COMES UP WITH A NEW IDEA?
FUCK OUT OF HERE! SEE THE PROBLEM IS HERE IS THAT I'M A REAL DJ! I'V OWNED AND CARRIED MORE RECORDS THAN YOUR AGE! GO BACK TO PLAYING YOUR TECHNO AND EDM MUSIC BOY!

I highly support this comment. Thanks DJ venom!!!!
Dj jochi 11:55 AM - 9 March, 2016
Today I will post a Video of how many computer I have bought including one with and i5 processor. I will not buy another computer but I will move on to another Software.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:11 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:

WOW what a post! Shows how clueless you are though. Funny stuff. You best go back to being a real DJ and carry your 35 records to your gig. Have fun.

Quote:
Today I will post a Video of how many computer I have bought including one with and i5 processor. I will not buy another computer but I will move on to another Software.

Cool let us know how green the grass is.
norway 2:35 PM - 9 March, 2016
hello someone tell me at windows in mac are bad??? what its best windows 7.or 10 or mac??? i have manny dj freinds here in thailand and i like too beging to be dj again i was in 90s

i hope someone help me
Dj jochi 2:40 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
hello someone tell me at windows in mac are bad??? what its best windows 7.or 10 or mac??? i have manny dj freinds here in thailand and i like too beging to be dj again i was in 90s

i hope someone help me

All depend on how much looking to spend and what you software will be running. I always use Mac, but I had use Windows before.
norway 2:46 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i hope someone help me

All depend on how much looking to spend and what you software will be running. I always use Mac, but I had use Windows before.

i use that to serato and DDJ-SX2
norway 2:48 PM - 9 March, 2016
OS X v10.11.4 (El Capitan) and Pioneer DJ controllers compatibility
We have identified that Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro will not recognise the listed Pioneer DJ controllers if updated to OS X v10.11.4.
Please refrain from updating to OS X v10.11.4.
DDJ-SX2
DDJ-SX/DDJ-SX-W/DDJ-SX-N
DDJ-S1 Serato DJ Edition
DDJ-S1
DDJ-SR
DDJ-SB2
DDJ-SB
DDJ-ERGO-V
DDJ-ERGO-K
DDJ-WeGO

gett this txt yesterday her in bangkok
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:57 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
We have identified that Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro will not recognise the listed Pioneer DJ controllers if updated to OS X v10.11.4.
DDJ-SX2
DDJ-SX/DDJ-SX-W/DDJ-SX-N
DDJ-S1 Serato DJ Edition
DDJ-S1
DDJ-SR
DDJ-SB2
DDJ-SB
DDJ-ERGO-V
DDJ-ERGO-K
DDJ-WeGO

Fixed in SDJ 1.8.2 and 10.11.4 is not even released yet.
norway 2:59 PM - 9 March, 2016
here in thai i think
deejdave 3:58 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
On pioneer web site it said clearly that they support Core Duo 2 processors and highers.

"Intel® Processer Dual Core 2.0GHz or higher" - DIRECT from Pioneer's site....................

What am I missing here?

Quote:
I highly support this comment. Thanks DJ venom!!!!

This pretty much clears up the problem here.................. WHO IS DJ VENOM? LOL

Quote:
SEE THE PROBLEM IS HERE IS THAT I'M A REAL DJ!

Yeah and it shows by your attitude and knowledge here. You are NOT supposed to purchase a new laptop every time Serato makes an update. Purchasing one withint the last SIX years does not seem all that far fetched though. Keep in mind you MAY still have issues but continuing to use an outdated and unsupported machine does not seem like the way.

Do I work for Serao but this is advice from the guy who is not having these issues. No need to claim my legendary status or anything as my words and actions speak for themselves. Do yours?
citi 5:35 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
DDJ-SX2
DDJ-SX/DDJ-SX-W/DDJ-SX-N
DDJ-S1 Serato DJ Edition
DDJ-S1
DDJ-SR
DDJ-SB2
DDJ-SB
DDJ-ERGO-V
DDJ-ERGO-K
DDJ-WeGO

Fixed in SDJ 1.8.2 and 10.11.4 is not even released yet.

That just means Pioneer is on top of their ISH and testing betas. I say good for them for being proactive. That's good business.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:04 PM - 9 March, 2016
Alot of excuses being made in here for Serato DJ... but we all know they dropped the ball when they discontinued ScratchLive and decided to make Serato DJ their flagship. They would've been better off keeping both programs and letting us have an option of which program we'd like to use. I still run scratchlive today with no issues but when I've played at venues that have a Pioneer 900srt and used serato DJ I've had it mess up on me about 3-4 times.
DJ Tecniq 6:59 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:
Alot of excuses being made in here for Serato DJ... but we all know they dropped the ball when they discontinued ScratchLive and decided to make Serato DJ their flagship. They would've been better off keeping both programs and letting us have an option of which program we'd like to use. I still run scratchlive today with no issues but when I've played at venues that have a Pioneer 900srt and used serato DJ I've had it mess up on me about 3-4 times.
Cosign. They def should of kept Scratchlive for DVS and left SDJ for controllers. The difference is one is stable and just works while the other you don't know what's going to happen. I remember when SDJ couldn't function with a bigger library. I still think it struggles in this area. It slower to load/shutdown and the overall performance is jittery👌🏻
citi 7:01 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:

Sorry dynamite, I agree with your general idea but I disagree with supporting both systems. It takes way too many resources to maintain multiple applications and OSs. The real issue is that Serato DJ should have perfect from the get go. They've had many many months, dare I say years, to perfect it.
Djaward 9:46 PM - 9 March, 2016
Quote:

What kind of laptop are you using?

I have an SRT and it has yet to mess up on me. I did just purchase a new MAC and unfortunately for me, it has El Capitan installed in it. So I dont want to get rid of my 2010 MAC quite yet.
Mr. Goodkat 12:36 AM - 10 March, 2016
my thing is that a lot of people use sdj on old ass computers like dj venom and want the same performance as when you bought it 6-7 years ago.

would you have expected an 6-7 yr old macbook to work in 2009-10? if you did it wouldn't have worked.

Quote:
SEE THE PROBLEM IS HERE IS THAT I'M A REAL DJ! I'V OWNED AND CARRIED MORE RECORDS THAN YOUR AGE! GO BACK TO PLAYING YOUR TECHNO AND EDM MUSIC BOY!

as for this.

congratulations, u played yourself.
deejdave 12:50 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
my thing is that a lot of people use sdj on old ass computers like dj venom

LOL DJ Venom it is then!!
Mr. Goodkat 1:44 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
my thing is that a lot of people use sdj on old ass computers like dj venom

LOL DJ Venom it is then!!

lol, the legendary dj vernon. my bad. never heard of him.
DJ Baby Boy 3:19 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Normally i keep to my self if i'm unhappy about a product but i've had it with Searto Dj! I'm at home just playing music with 1.8 my mac is top of the line over $3k spent on it! Serato dj 1.8 is playing thur my mac and my pioneer sz it just slows down and stops! No problem i'm at home if i was at a gig i would be fucking mad as hell! So i switch to 1.7.8 its playing well for about a hour then all of a sudden it shuts down my laptop! Then my mac pro would not come back on for about 5 minutes! You guys at Serato have given us garbage with all the serato dj programs! This has never happened to SL 2.5!!! I will be using SL until you greedy losers get it together! I'm not posting no spec to my laptop or my Sz or SX2 you guys at Serato KNOW THIS SERATO DJ IS TRASH enough already and let the paying DJ's KNOW YOU MESSED UP WITH THESE PROGRAMS!

From everything I've read in this thread it's honestly your own fault for expecting an outdated and unsupported laptop to be running pristinely with a software built after your laptop ... I'm running a 2012 and having no issues with an assortment of hardware and the funny thing about it all is that scratch live wasn't perfect either (no software will ever be) If you want to continue running SSL by all means do so nobody is making you upgrade anything at all ... However if you're wanting to run the newest stuff you will have to upgrade your equipment which starts at a laptop capable of running said software ... I've been running SDJ since DVS support was added and couldn't be happier with that decision but I also know that I need to adapt and upgrade when necessary which I'll probably be doing later this year with my current laptop ... When you're a professional DJ and do this for a living you realize when you need to get stuff done

Side note SSL will NOT run at all for more than 10 minutes regardless of what hardware is being used and myself nor anyone from Serato can tell me why which no longer matters because SDJ has been Solid for me
DJ Tecniq 3:24 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Side note SSL will NOT run at all for more than 10 minutes regardless of what hardware is being used and myself nor anyone from Serato can tell me why which no longer matters because SDJ has been Solid for me
Who told you this? I've been running Scratchlive for over 2 yrs with SL3 on Yosemite...Not a drip ;)
deejdave 3:27 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:

This is one lesson many refuse to learn. If you go to SDJ support site you will see tons of issues. If you go to SSL area you will see tons of SSL issues. If you go to Maytag support site you will see tons of Dishwasher/washer machine issues. Very rarely does anyone get anyone go onto these sites to say "hey great job"

Furthermore many peeps came from DJing and got into SSL thus purchasing hardware & machine FOR ssl. Along comes SDJ and these same peeps are looking to use the SAME hardware with a much more advanced and resource hungry app.

Again I make no excuses for Serato. They have their work cut out for them but this right here ^^^^^ was a clear cut case of obsolete hardware attempting to have a flawless experience on software that no longer supports said hardware. How can you blame Serato when a.) It was Apple who used consumer law to their advantage (that's right the 2010 is LEGALLY vintage or obsolete depending on where you reside) and b.) most other DJ apps dropped Core2Duo's as well.
deejdave 3:27 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Who told you this? I've been running Scratchlive for over 2 yrs with SL3 on Yosemite...Not a drip ;)

I would assume he told himself this. Who else would know that things are not working for him?
DJ Tecniq 3:29 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
If you go to SSL area you will see tons of SSL issues.
There is no longer a SSL area it's been gone for awhile.
deejdave 3:33 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

There is no Maytag area here either FYI. It was just a reference or example LOL
DJ Baby Boy 3:35 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would assume he told himself this. Who else would know that things are not working for him?

This is from my personal experience SSL will literally not run for any longer than 10 minutes and it's normally closer to 2 minutes before it completely crashes ... I know there is still tons of DJs out there that still exclusively run SSL with no issues but I'm not one of them and I don't mind it one bit because SDJ has been solid as a rock for me

Quote:
Quote:

Both statements here are completely true as well there was a lot of problems with SSL before it was discontinued which was evident before Serato took that section away
deejdave 3:37 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah and another FYI all the Scratch Live help topics are still very much here just all thrown together with the rest of the help stuff serato.com You will note the earliest post dates back to 3:24 AM - 29 June, 2004 which is very much SSL................
DJ Tecniq 3:38 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
This is from my personal experience SSL will literally not run for any longer than 10 minutes and it's normally closer to 2 minutes before it completely crashes
That is odd you must be on El Capitan then or something is up with your laptop. Scratchlive has been solid for me ever since SL1 and I have a SL3 now. Less headache than I've ever had to deal with SDJ. Interesting.
DJ Baby Boy 3:43 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
This is from my personal experience SSL will literally not run for any longer than 10 minutes and it's normally closer to 2 minutes before it completely crashes
That is odd you must be on El Capitan then or something is up with your laptop. Scratchlive has been solid for me ever since SL1 and I have a SL3 now. Less headache than I've ever had to deal with SDJ. Interesting.

That just makes me laugh honestly Tecniq because I've been one of the guys both on here and Facebook to make sure people know not to upgrade to that crappy OS and have also completely redone my laptop several times as far as HDD/SSD upgrades with clean OS installs each time ... It started on on Mavericks and continued in Yosemite but I'm ok with it I have no need to use SSL at all every again but have tried it with an SL1,2,3,4 & 57 none of which work at all
DJ Tecniq 3:48 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
but have tried it with an SL1,2,3,4 & 57 none of which work at all
That's really odd my SL3 is magically still supported. I just recorded a dirt style battle record earlier today like literally hrs ago. Never crashed that's why I'm quite shocked you actually had Scratchlive crash. Well use whatever works I guess. I just know what works in Scratchlive for me doesn't work in SDJ.
DJ Baby Boy 3:55 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
but have tried it with an SL1,2,3,4 & 57 none of which work at all
That's really odd my SL3 is magically still supported. I just recorded a dirt style battle record earlier today like literally hrs ago. Never crashed that's why I'm quite shocked you actually had Scratchlive crash. Well use whatever works I guess. I just know what works in Scratchlive for me doesn't work in SDJ.

Like I has said I know a lot of DJs still using all those interfaces and it works solid for them but I no longer have any need for it as SDJ has been just as solid as SSL was (when it did work) and now with the range of different hardware that I'm using it helps to know SDJ inside and out and only have one program to keep track of instead of SSL Itch & SDJ which at one point I had to do lol
deejdave 4:00 AM - 10 March, 2016
This is not magic. I am shocked I have to point this out but just because SSL is working for you does NOT mean it will work for all. Would it be fair for me to assume that just because SDJ works great for me it should work perfectly for everyone?
Quote:
Never crashed that's why I'm quite shocked you actually had Scratchlive crash

That is awesome for you (mean that actually as that is a great thing) but if this were the case for everyone the majority of the support cases would not exist.

Fun fact: If you look at the Serato Help archive section you will notice that Serato DJ only accounts for about 30% (Page 350 or so out of 1,050 pages of cases) of the section while SSL & Itch populate the rest. Furthermore SSL has BY FAR the most support cases..........................BY FAR!! How is this possible? Because ALL software has issues. It is what they do best.

Now again I make no excuses for Serato and again they have their work cut out for them but AGAIN the only reason I jumped into this in the first place was this ONE specific case was clearly user error and I didn't think it was fair to (rudely) point fingers at others.

@ Tecniq you seem very happy with SSL so again why not ultimately stick with SSL?
deejdave 4:02 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Fun fact: If you look at the Serato Help archive section you will notice that Serato DJ only accounts for about 30% (Page 350 or so out of 1,050 pages of cases) of the section while SSL & Itch populate the rest. Furthermore SSL has BY FAR the most support cases

And keep in mind a.) these are rough numbers and b.) it is a bit unfair as Serato changed the way they handled help requests a while back. The point remains though that SSL had/HAS issues.
DJ Tecniq 4:02 AM - 10 March, 2016
Yeah Scratchlive & Itch merged to create SDJ. I remember back when SDJ was strictly for controllers and it was bad then...Now it's got DVS. Itch was terrible too so I dunno why they merged it with SSL. Oh well my echo out still works great in SSL compared to SDJ, the auto gain in SSL is better esp with Master Output level and how it can change overall track gains to stop bleeding/redlining.
DJ Tecniq 4:06 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Fun fact: If you look at the Serato Help archive section you will notice that Serato DJ only accounts for about 30% (Page 350 or so out of 1,050 pages of cases) of the section while SSL & Itch populate the rest. Furthermore SSL has BY FAR the most support cases..........................BY FAR!! How is this possible? Because ALL software has issues. It is what they do best.
Of course this is going to be the case cause Scratchlive is what started Serato and it's been out a hell of a lot longer than Serato DJ...So sure there's going to be more support help for Scratchlive that's a no brainer...it came out like what 2004-05?
deejdave 4:11 AM - 10 March, 2016
Absolutely. SSL was/is great by all means.

I have just found way too much use of the performance pads, pitch n' Time, and most importantly the hardware. I tend to stick with the latest & greatest hardware so SDJ is what I need. I stay current with my MBP's as well so things usually (and I do mean usually as I myself have issues now an again as well) go pretty well.
Quote:
Of course this is going to be the case cause Scratchlive is what started Serato and it's been out a hell of a lot longer than Serato DJ...So sure there's going to be more support help for Scratchlive that's a no brainer...it came out like what 2004-05?

Without a doubt! 100% agree. As I said though the numbers (in comparison) are not what's really important. Just that they DO 100% exist and SSL 100% did/does have its issues. Peeps are very quick to forget that is all. Again by no means slamming SSL as it is what started this all and it continues to be a rock solid solution for performers all over the world :)
deejdave 4:13 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Itch was terrible too so I dunno why they merged it with SSL.

In all fairness they took the two concepts but did not "merge" the software 100%. If they did features like Day mode would be included. I mean how often do we hear "well Itch had it so........" or "I am sticking with Itch because it_________________ and SDJ doesn't" LOL.
DJ Tecniq 4:15 AM - 10 March, 2016
When the problems are fixed in SDJ that I currently have been waiting for then I will fully make my switch. I've never once cared for beatgrids ever so that really doesn't benefit me in SDJ nor do the laggy waveforms it makes me feel like my new laptop is on windows 95...
deejdave 4:25 AM - 10 March, 2016
Well hold tight buddy! LOL. The waveforms were silky buttery smooth until maybe 1.8.5 (or something like that) and I hate seeing them this way just as much as you do. Some are saying it is better in this release or that release but I think we will both know right away when they are back 100%. As for the beatgrids though.................. I can say they open up a whole world of possibilities and I am not talking of straight up SYNCing two songs together. I still beat match by hand (ear) about 75% of the time I'd say.

We'll get there. I just hope sooner rather than later :)
DJ Tecniq 4:25 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
In all fairness they took the two concepts but did not "merge" the software 100%. If they did features like Day mode would be included. I mean how often do we hear "well Itch had it so........" or "I am sticking with Itch because it_________________ and SDJ doesn't" LOL.
I'm just quoting what Sam said from Serato in this video which was 2 years ago about merging "Itch with Scratchlive" Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 4:27 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Sorry quote fail lol. I'm just going by what Sam from Serato said about "merging" the two Watchwww.youtube.com
deejdave 4:38 AM - 10 March, 2016
I know. I mean they have even scrapped some elements from SDJ 1.0 let alone code from Itch. The concept is very much there though. In other words if you look at SDJ and RBDJ they seem VERY much similar. So much in fact that many are calling it a SDJ clone................. yet if you were to look at the code I can only imagine how many differences there are.
DJ Tecniq 4:49 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
I know. I mean they have even scrapped some elements from SDJ 1.0 let alone code from Itch. The concept is very much there though. In other words if you look at SDJ and RBDJ they seem VERY much similar. So much in fact that many are calling it a SDJ clone................. yet if you were to look at the code I can only imagine how many differences there are.
I just don't like that everyone says "SDJ was built from the bottom up" uhhh...how is merging two softwares from the bottom up. It just seems like they wanted users away from Itch well they succeeded in that area considering it's out of the picture like SSL. In another 5 years I'm sure they'll ditch SDJ and have a completely new software. Hopefully things will progress with later versions of SDJ 2.0 I only hope cause SSL won't work with new OSX's.
deejdave 4:55 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Hopefully things will progress with later versions of SDJ 2.0 I only hope cause SSL won't work with new OSX's

But why change OS? I keep my everday laptops at the most current version of El Capitan (non beta of course) and Windows 10 but my performance laptops remain at Mavericks and Yosemite and I see no reason to upgrade them.
DJ Tecniq 4:55 AM - 10 March, 2016
Anyways as for the OP i feel bad if he spent 3k on an out dated laptop. Mine was only $2500 and it's a Mid 2014 Macbook Pro....sheesh
deejdave 5:05 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Anyways as for the OP i feel bad if he spent 3k on an out dated laptop. Mine was only $2500 and it's a Mid 2014 Macbook Pro....sheesh

Well even though he said it IS top of the line he obviously meant six years ago when he bought it and maybe he spent $3,000 on it. This is just the way technology goes is all. I JUST got my NXS2 setup in the mail which I payed over $6,000 for. Six years from now they won't be worth that either and calling it a $6k setup in 2022 would NOT be a fair statement IMO.
pdidy 5:18 AM - 10 March, 2016
As soon as someone says.......

Quote:
I'm not posting no spec to my laptop

Oh really......www.hercampus.com
That immediately makes me very suspicious i.imgur.com LOL
DJ Dynamite - NJ 5:42 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry dynamite, I agree with your general idea but I disagree with supporting both systems. It takes way too many resources to maintain multiple applications and OSs. The real issue is that Serato DJ should have perfect from the get go. They've had many many months, dare I say years, to perfect it.

They could've kept support for both. They don't need to add any more bells and whistles to ScratchLive so there really isn't much they would have to do to it.
Quote:

What kind of laptop are you using?

I have an SRT and it has yet to mess up on me. I did just purchase a new MAC and unfortunately for me, it has El Capitan installed in it. So I dont want to get rid of my 2010 MAC quite yet.

I have a 2015 Retina Macbook Pro
deejdave 5:54 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
They could've kept support for both. They don't need to add any more bells and whistles to ScratchLive so there really isn't much they would have to do to it.

So what exactly are you looking for. Future OS support? It is my thought if you are happy with SSL as is you can dedicate a laptop for SSL and come pretty damn s=close to guaranteeing a lifetime of zero DJ software issues. I will even add that the "if it aint broke" concept could not apply more here. Why would you want to risk things with further OS's and such................... again this is assuming you are happy with SSL in its current form as you say you are.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:07 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

So what exactly are you looking for. Future OS support? It is my thought if you are happy with SSL as is you can dedicate a laptop for SSL and come pretty damn s=close to guaranteeing a lifetime of zero DJ software issues. I will even add that the "if it aint broke" concept could not apply more here. Why would you want to risk things with further OS's and such................... again this is assuming you are happy with SSL in its current form as you say you are.

Future OS support and support for new mixers. That's about it. I don't think that's too much to ask. But it's all a dream now since SSL is no longer supported. I'm just farting in the wind
Fullon 10:03 AM - 10 March, 2016
Gotta say loving this thread for it's pure comedic value, especially the I'M A REAL DJ bit. Can we stop the real DJ bullshit though cos surely A REAL DJ would never use software based equipment ever! Vinyl would be the weapon of choice with back up CD's and nothing else. A real DJ is not what equipment they use it's what comes out of those speakers that matters because if that sh** ain't hot then sh** don't matter.

Word up Deej Dave, hows things man?

Oh and let the trolling begin..........
pdidy 11:45 AM - 10 March, 2016
In defense of dj vernon nyc and Dj jochi, they did not realize that they were being schooled by the most knowledgeable Serato forum member deejdave :)
deejdave 12:50 PM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Future OS support and support for new mixers. That's about it. I don't think that's too much to ask. But it's all a dream now since SSL is no longer supported. I'm just farting in the wind

Well I am on this kick that SSL should be open sourced or at least tools provided in which users can take it upon themselves to use at own risk. Some of the guys here are knowledgeable enough to ensure quality conditions for the masses at the very least.

Quote:

Sup brotha!!
Quote:
In defense of dj vernon nyc and Dj jochi, they did not realize that they were being schooled by the most knowledgeable Serato forum member deejdave :)

Hah well we all here to learn I just hope something was gained. Not looking to press the BRAND NEW MBP Kool Aid. Couldn't be further from the truth actually. I can say that would actually be one of the worst moves you could make as you would be forced into El Capitan. Best Bet is a 2012-2013 MBP non Retina if possible. A newer machine is not even a bad idea although the latest OSX will tend to be installed. The good news is there have been new progress making even the retina's a decent decision like SSD upgrades not previously available www.slashgear.com. As a matter of fact hell just froze over and I am seeing more and more reports of the Windows side working better than Mac (Audio only obviously) but I urge this is a.) temporary and b.) a VERY hard pill to swallow.

All in all I think Serato just learned a valuable lesson with the recent Tempo Matching Display debacle and I can only see them taking said lesson forward and adjusting their methods accordingly. Things WILL get better IMO :)
Dj jochi 2:29 PM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Well I am on this kick that SSL should be open sourced or at least tools provided in which users can take it upon themselves to use at own risk. Some of the guys here are knowledgeable enough to ensure quality conditions for the masses at the very least.

Quote:

Sup brotha!!
Quote:

Hah well we all here to learn I just hope something was gained. Not looking to press the BRAND NEW MBP Kool Aid. Couldn't be further from the truth actually. I can say that would actually be one of the worst moves you could make as you would be forced into El Capitan. Best Bet is a 2012-2013 MBP non Retina if possible. A newer machine is not even a bad idea although the latest OSX will tend to be installed. The good news is there have been new progress making even the retina's a decent decision like SSD upgrades not previously available www.slashgear.com. As a matter of fact hell just froze over and I am seeing more and more reports of the Windows side working better than Mac (Audio only obviously) but I urge this is a.) temporary and b.) a VERY hard pill to swallow.

All in all I think Serato just learned a valuable lesson with the recent Tempo Matching Display debacle and I can only see them taking said lesson forward and adjusting their methods accordingly. Things WILL get better IMO :)

We are here to learn from each other. I'm the thinking of buying a new computer but as a father and a family man, my family is first in priority and will not spend money on a computer if there is nothing wrong we my. I will take any opinion from any fellow Djs.
deejdave 3:20 PM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
as a father and a family man, my family is first in priority and will not spend money on a computer if there is nothing wrong we my.

From one to another there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that and you priorities are 1000% spot on.

I still to this day fire up my 2007 MacBook Pro every now and then and see what kind of life I can pull out of it. Testing boundaries and such and pushing to the limits. I see nothing wrong with that and even to the OP I say to keep trying to get your machine working as you would like etc......................... just be fair with your expectations and don't go off the deep end if ultimately it can not happen 100%. That is all I would ask not that anyone has to listen to me haha :)
Dj jochi 3:25 PM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
as a father and a family man, my family is first in priority and will not spend money on a computer if there is nothing wrong we my.

From one to another there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that and you priorities are 1000% spot on.

I still to this day fire up my 2007 MacBook Pro every now and then and see what kind of life I can pull out of it. Testing boundaries and such and pushing to the limits. I see nothing wrong with that and even to the OP I say to keep trying to get your machine working as you would like etc......................... just be fair with your expectations and don't go off the deep end if ultimately it can not happen 100%. That is all I would ask not that anyone has to listen to me haha :)

We all can do better if we work together!!! Love DJing and even though I been doing it for more than 20 years, I'm still learning. This is a carrier that you never stop learning. I want to audio engineer school and finished but doesn't mean that I know everything.
deejdave 3:29 PM - 10 March, 2016
Absolutely. Even if you did know it all today you will just have more to learn tomorrow as this industry is forever changing. It is up to each of us to find what works for us.
pdidy 7:55 PM - 10 March, 2016
When my core2duo MacBook Pro begin to show its age with serato DJ i didnt get pissed off I just dedicated to Serato scratch live. This did not come as a surprise too me, in fact it was expected.

This is why it's important to stay informed and up-to-date on the technical information so your expectations don't far exceed your gears limitations.
Mr. Goodkat 7:58 PM - 10 March, 2016
all these rants should really be directed at apple.

i dont remember any problems, outside of el capitan, this bad ever for mac users. im sure someone can answer but it is a rare issue although it has taken a long time to get right.
dj vernon nyc 10:49 PM - 10 March, 2016
First thing i would like to apologize to everybody on the thread here just fucking lost it about this whole SDJ thing! You guys are right about the 2 computer idea! Just brought a brand new mac book pro and this is the last one i'm buying! I'm still not going to use SDJ till they get it right if not i'm going to traktor or rebox. What got me so mad if i was at a event and it happened the way it happened at home the way it just stopped then, the next time the computer shut down! Nothing else not the SZ,speakers,or hard drive. I remember the problems they had with SSL in the start but nothing like the problems SDJ!
deejdave 11:48 PM - 10 March, 2016
All good bud. We are all hoping they get things where they need to be whether it be features we would like to see, better DVS function and/or the extreme case as you have experienced.

If I had to suggest one over the other I would say RBDJ as you will feel right at home.
Dj Mike P. 12:50 AM - 11 March, 2016
I've been using ssl and recently sdj flawlessly since I switched to mac (early 2011) still using the same computer, Now using El Capitan, never had an issue that was worth complaining about. Only times I had major problems was when I was on pc.
Dj Owe 1:24 AM - 11 March, 2016
💯 You're spot on and that's why I haven't fully switched either. SSL 2.5 has been rock solid. If they were ever to bring Camelot key feature to SSL I would prob stick with it.

All you have to do to remedy that my friend is
Open SDJ
Go to all crate
Sort all by Key (I'm guessing it's all in Camelot)
and simply rename each key.
So select all the 1A and rename it to 1A
All the way till you finish.
Open up Scratch live and you have all your Keys in Camelot.

Hope this makes sense
DJ Tecniq 9:10 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:

All you have to do to remedy that my friend is
Open SDJ
Go to all crate
Sort all by Key (I'm guessing it's all in Camelot)
and simply rename each key.
So select all the 1A and rename it to 1A
All the way till you finish.
Open up Scratch live and you have all your Keys in Camelot.

Hope this makes sense
Correct but the color code option is very useful. When I analyzed all my files with camelot in SDJ I opened up Scratchlive and the keys are not in camelot mode they changed to classical key mode.
DJ Tecniq 9:18 PM - 11 March, 2016
I really wish the master output level in SDJ worked just like Scratchlive did to keep overall tracks from bleeding. I never had to use auto gain in SSL cause Master Output Level just solved all of that. It sucks cause i get clipping in SDJ a lot.
Mr. Goodkat 10:07 PM - 11 March, 2016
i give tec a lot of sht about his complaints, but the auto gain is basically unusable. why i dont use it.
deejdave 10:18 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
i give tec a lot of sht about his complaints, but the auto gain is basically unusable. why i dont use it.

I said the same thing to him the other day. When he is calm and fair in his words he is actually pretty helpful and knowledgeable on it too.
DJ Tecniq 10:19 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
Lol...that you do. Either auto gain is bleeding or it's too low with a different setting...there is no happy medium with it. Master Output Level is the bomb for this cause it can change overall track gains...If my tracks are clipping I just turn the master output level down a notch and I'm golden "for all of my tracks" so simple and effective which is why I never even used "auto gain" in SSL it never had to be used cause of MOL's brilliant feature :)
pdidy 10:35 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I said the same thing to him the other day. When he is calm and fair in his words he is actually pretty helpful and knowledgeable on it too.

Don't encourage him.
Mr. Goodkat 10:36 PM - 11 March, 2016
makes me realize how lazy i got tbh. Like i cant turn the damn gain knob?
DJ Tecniq 10:38 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
makes me realize how lazy i got tbh. Like i cant turn the damn gain knob?
You mean on your hardware or SDJ? However who the hell wants to do that for every track that has clipping...not me SSL I never had to worry bout this which I why i still use it.
deejdave 10:42 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't encourage him.

LMAO.

If he presents himself the way he has been lately I actually do LOL.

A year ago I remember something like this "Serato DJ is shit and it will continue to be shit........... here's why" LOL

Now here we are a year later and he hops right onto a similar thread and at times even defends Serato a bit............
Quote:
Is it trash I wouldn't go that far it just really needs to be reworked.
Mr. Goodkat 10:43 PM - 11 March, 2016
the actual knob.

sometimes i notice even doing the little manual things keeps me more tuned in to what im doing. i never really used it that much in ssl except in really mid-sized to bigger rooms
raedonquan 12:03 AM - 12 March, 2016
compac customer service?
skinnyguy 1:31 PM - 12 March, 2016
Quote:
... I opened up Scratchlive and the keys are not in camelot mode they changed to classical key mode.

there's a setting to show camelot numbers.
DJ Tecniq 1:41 AM - 13 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
... I opened up Scratchlive and the keys are not in camelot mode they changed to classical key mode.

Where please let me know. Didn't think Scratchlive has the ability to do this.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:47 PM - 13 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where please let me know. Didn't think Scratchlive has the ability to do this.

It doesn't
skinnyguy 7:21 AM - 14 March, 2016
oooh...scratchlive......whoops. thought it was sdj.

yea, sdj analyzes and tags in "regular" key notation. BUT sdj can display in camelot notation.

scratchlive only displays whatever is written in the tag.

probably a proprietary thing.
DJ Tecniq 7:30 AM - 14 March, 2016
Quote:
oooh...scratchlive......whoops. thought it was sdj.

yea, sdj analyzes and tags in "regular" key notation. BUT sdj can display in camelot notation.

scratchlive only displays whatever is written in the tag.

probably a proprietary thing.
Yeah by default Scratchlive displays the keys as classical which is not how I like it. Much rather prefer Camelot.
Kirk X-Qlusiv 7:17 AM - 15 March, 2016
Serato DJ is nice and everything
- Sound Quality
- Scratching
- and more
Serato is bad with:
- Song Location
- Not Compatible with WAV, WMA, and other audio format ONLY MP3
- Cant Import Folders already in your library and so much more
DJ Tecniq 7:21 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Wav's play fine on a mac. Also M4a(iTunes format) wma (windows media audio)
norway 8:30 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

WAV are lower bitrate of sound better with MP3 files
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:40 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WTF! Sigh Rolls Eyes.....
norway 8:44 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WAV are low quality of songs i never use them i use only MP3 to songs and MP4 or mkv to music video, mybe you use mpeg to urs music video
DJ Tecniq 8:45 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
I don't know who told you that as original Wav files are uncompressed. Wav is also a bigger file size. And MP3 cannot compare to a wav. A wav file sounds better that's just the truth💯
norway 8:47 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know who told you that as original Wav files are uncompressed. Wav is also a bigger file size. And MP3 cannot compare to a wav. A wav file sounds better that's just the truth💯

hmmmmm strange them not use that if mp3 are so bad
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:49 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WAV are low quality of songs i never use them i use only MP3 to songs and MP4 or mkv to music video, mybe you use mpeg to urs music video

WTF!!! THIS GUY! WOW!!!!! Laying on the floor rolling up.....
norway 8:53 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WTF!!! THIS GUY! WOW!!!!! Laying on the floor rolling up.....

evryone are not like you so what its urs prob mister if u dont like it so f...... o..
DJ Tecniq 8:54 AM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hmmmmm strange them not use that if mp3 are so bad
The reason why most don't use wav because they take up an enormous amount of space on your computer. The file size is a lot bigger than a reg 320 kb MP3 file and the sound is remarkably improved. Try downloading a wav file from beatport you'll notice a difference in sound quality.
norway 8:56 AM - 15 March, 2016
ok understand that ok thanks
AddamXavier 2:00 PM - 15 March, 2016
Another reason people (myself included) don't use WAV's are that they dont have the ID tags that MP3's have. You can usually get around this by using AIFF's (uncompressed plus tags), but i've just stuck with mp3's because that's what you download most places.
norway 2:02 PM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Another reason people (myself included) don't use WAV's are that they dont have the ID tags that MP3's have. You can usually get around this by using AIFF's (uncompressed plus tags), but i've just stuck with mp3's because that's what you download most places.

true and much better
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:00 PM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

true and much better

NOT for audio quality. people use FLAC. or yes downgrade the audio slightly and use mp3 that are really small size and support full tagging.
norway 3:37 PM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

true and much better

NOT for audio quality. people use FLAC. or yes downgrade the audio slightly and use mp3 that are really small size and support full tagging.

i see manny use flac there i downl i never use this flac before when i play
deejdave 5:25 PM - 15 March, 2016
Now that FLAC is supported by pioneer you will see more and more use it.
popnwave 11:28 PM - 16 March, 2016
This is like talking about religion some folks are so dogmatic about stuff they have NO understanding of.

There's a small group of folks who take the time to dispel bogus info only to have someone argue otherwise. If it's this bad on the forums I can only imagine the crap that the support staff deals with. Then when someone knowledgeable needs help they freak out because their request is a drop in a sea of poop.
blackavenger 6:31 AM - 17 March, 2016
Nearly my entire library is FLAC......that and ALAC, AIFF and WAV.
I'm a Lossless snob! I've been waiting ages for CDJs to support FLAC.

I can't wait til' I save up the rest of the loot to get my NXS2 setup.
Once that happens, bye bye Serato & Traktor.