Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Learn: Pitch Play Mode

2:40 AM, 7 Mar 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Antenna 1:04 AM - 8 March, 2016
Will this feature be available in the near future to other Serato supported hardware?
Ls4life 1:43 AM - 8 March, 2016
That is a nice feature and it could be added to the DDJ-SX2 and other controller which have the same build.
Dj Owe 7:12 AM - 8 March, 2016
can we use this feature on a SP1?
ElahMentalWords 5:02 PM - 8 March, 2016
That's a sweet integration
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:22 PM - 8 March, 2016
Hey team,

This is unique to this controller for now i'm afraid - no plans for across the board support at this stage but anything is possible in the future.

Sam.
Dj Owe 11:25 PM - 8 March, 2016
OK thanks for that sam
Stennor 5:19 PM - 10 March, 2016
I saw a dj city video with Michael basic using "tone play" with his laptop keyboard. Is this the same function in serato? youtu.be
DJLILDREWTHEFUTURE 9:43 PM - 15 April, 2016
*I just bought me the mcx8000 & I will test this options*Thank you for the info...
Stennor 11:06 PM - 15 April, 2016
You didn't answer my question.
msoultan 8:51 PM - 6 December, 2016
Is this feature available on the MC7000?
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 1:39 AM - 8 December, 2016
Yes the MC7000 does have Pitch Play :)
msoultan 1:47 AM - 8 December, 2016
Sweet! Any word on a release date?
DJ Turbulence Bahamas 3:29 PM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:
I saw a dj city video with Michael basic using "tone play" with his laptop keyboard. Is this the same function in serato? youtu.be

No. He just used the cue points to access various pitches from the track. This implementation takes one specific cue point and maps it to various pitches.
M.adaM 5:53 PM - 28 December, 2016
Is this (will be) available on the Numark NS7 II also?

Also I can't map the pitch shift (+ and -) to any button.
I wanted to use the + and - buttons under the pitch slider that I NEVER use, and those buttons can't be changed via MIDI learn.
Bleezy B 2:46 AM - 17 January, 2017
I'm trying to use the pitch play on mine but it's not working. I press shift and sampler, while holding the shift button still I click a cue point and it deletes the cue point. Any reason for this?
djskeelo 9:10 AM - 29 January, 2017
can you do pitch play on the pioneer ddj sz?
I have pitch n time but I don't have idea how can put the pitch play on my controller sz
Pls if someone knows that would highly appreciate your help
M.adaM 9:07 AM - 31 January, 2017
With the new 1.96 beta, many flagship controller have the Pitch Play function.
THX Serato team!
Sether 6:53 PM - 7 February, 2017
if I use Shift + parameter buttons for bringing pitch up and down can I go back to original pitch when the beat drops with just a button on my djm s9
TIA
djskeelo 6:59 AM - 7 March, 2017
M.adam
Thank you so much for the info man, already downloaded on my ddj sz on 1.9.6 serato dj beta
The only problem that I have I don't find the way to do my cue points on pitch play so I can have different ones it only let me to set up the cue points correctly I press shit and the cue points on pitch play and it's not the same when you just do normal cue points , do you any way that I could set up different cue points on pitch play
On serato ddj sz?
I haven't found any ddj sz that teach you how to create cue points on the ddj sz
djskeelo 8:58 AM - 7 March, 2017
hello dj quick question on pitch play on your s9
On pitch play can you set 1 cue point on each pad? I have the pioneer ddj sz and only let me use one cue points from pitch play and I can maybe set two cue points but it's not easy is not like you just putting your normal hot cues
In song because it's kinda wack of pitch play only let you set one cue points nof would be better if I can create different cues so it can sound better