Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Help with song title (rock/alternative/instrumental?)

RiceCube 4:19 AM - 21 May, 2009
I need some help. I have this song stuck in my head but I can't figure out what it's called because I think it's an instrumental. It's a dramatic sounding song that I believe was used during an awards show? Maybe that's where I heard it? Anyhow, let me try to describe it... It somewhat sounds like the intro for Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" as in the violin instruments. It starts out with a few sharp violin notes and the last one drops in pitch. Then there's a pause and there's another series of notes but the last one goes up in pitch. I know this is a terrible description but does anyone think they know what song I have stuck in my head? The notes go something like this: CCCCD...CCCCB (the letters just show that it's either the same note or the pitch goes up or down). Help please! (I know, I'm retarded, but I can't get this song out of my head!)
djskiggz 4:51 AM - 21 May, 2009
sing it, record it, and post it here. And ill tell you what it is.
RiceCube 6:06 AM - 21 May, 2009
lol, ok, I'll try my best...hah hah...I feel like such a tool!

www.zshare.net

You know what it is?
ntmoney 6:22 AM - 21 May, 2009
Quote:
lol, ok, I'll try my best...hah hah...I feel like such a tool!

www.zshare.net

You know what it is?

lol. You my friend should have won American Idol.
FunkyRob 7:55 PM - 21 May, 2009
wasn't there a website where you humm something and it gives you a song id back?
bourbonstmc 8:09 PM - 21 May, 2009
"Duh Duh Duh Don't, Duh Duh Duh Dunt".
djskiggz 8:48 PM - 21 May, 2009
lmao he really did it. Ill give it a listen when i get home. Rofl
DJ Overpour 8:52 PM - 21 May, 2009
hahaha
dj lad 9:01 PM - 21 May, 2009
God dammit I know this song and now it's killing me.
djskiggz 9:32 PM - 21 May, 2009
watch out for lightning tonight dj lad.
Nicky Blunt 9:57 PM - 21 May, 2009
is it the final countdown???? hahahaha
DeeJay Adam 11:10 PM - 21 May, 2009
bpm range? decade?
dj lad 11:41 PM - 21 May, 2009
I feel like it's from the 70s. Classic rock.
Dj Bert 12:27 AM - 22 May, 2009
Quote:
"Duh Duh Duh Don't, Duh Duh Duh Dunt".

rotfl wtf was that man...

that sounded like my indegestion after drinking all fucking night
RiceCube 1:31 AM - 22 May, 2009
It's not the Final Countdown as that song has horns in the intro, not violin. It's a more recent song. I think maybe the past few years? It might have been used on the TV show "So You Think You Can Dance?" It's very dramatic sounding and like I said, it might have also been used during one of those music award shows. I'm going crazy cuz I don't know what this song is called!
DPR250R 4:15 AM - 22 May, 2009
The Veronicas - Untouched

what do I win?
RiceCube 4:38 AM - 22 May, 2009
Wow, that totally wasn't what I was expecting...I mean after the intro and all. So it's like a pop/rock song eh? Thank you so much! Now I can be at ease.

Win? I'll play with your nuts? As long as they're the oven roasted kind and salty...
djskiggz 6:17 AM - 22 May, 2009
lmfao i just listened, honestly wtf was that?????????????? hahaha

DPR how the fuck did you knwo lol.

BTW this song is GAY. :)
DJ Overpour 7:45 AM - 22 May, 2009
This thread is so dope
DPR250R 12:18 PM - 22 May, 2009
Quote:
lmfao i just listened, honestly wtf was that?????????????? hahaha

DPR how the fuck did you knwo lol.

BTW this song is GAY. :)

All I get are drunk people that come to me and say... "Do you have the song that goes... "

I am just used to it...

I give Cube credit for posting that sound byte.... I wouldn't have the balls to do that... lol...
Caramac 12:45 PM - 22 May, 2009
Lol Going to listen when I get in.
dj lad 3:25 PM - 22 May, 2009
Jeez. The song I was thinking of was not that. Dammit. Now a song is stuck in my head without a cure.
latindj 4:20 PM - 22 May, 2009
^record it and Rice Cube will play with your nuts...(no misquote)
dj lad 5:44 PM - 22 May, 2009
It has the same beat. But mine is like a 70s jammy rock song. Sort of like a CSNY kind song.
DPR250R 6:09 PM - 22 May, 2009
Quote:
It has the same beat. But mine is like a 70s jammy rock song. Sort of like a CSNY kind song.

Kind of broad...

I have to play a LOT of classic rock and have a decent collection but I really can't think of something similar to "Untouched". The tempo of Untouched is too fast for every classic rock song I think of.
phaeton 5:21 AM - 23 May, 2009
Your not talking about Beethoven?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Nicky Blunt 6:30 AM - 23 May, 2009
big dog pitbull style??

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj lad 5:35 PM - 23 May, 2009
Yeah, the song stuck in my head sounds nothing like Untouched. It's just got a similar breakdown.
bourbonstmc 8:45 PM - 23 May, 2009
Quote:
Yeah, the song stuck in my head sounds nothing like Untouched. It's just got a similar breakdown.

Duh Duh Duh Don't, Duh Duh Duh Dunt?
lakecharlesdjs 5:22 PM - 24 May, 2009
tantric down and out
lakecharlesdjs 5:24 PM - 24 May, 2009
Dark Lunacy - Dolls?
Zackeramis 4:00 PM - 27 October, 2017
Im trying to figure out a song too, like 50 million years later that has a violin in the middle of it that goes "dun dun dun dun duna dun duna dun duna dun" then repeats
i thinks its an alt. rock song but im not sure
DJ Boom Bap 4:22 PM - 28 October, 2017
Bitter Sweet Symphony
wedding photography 6:56 AM - 10 November, 2017
Much obliged to you for sharing this information.I congratulate your push to do this.
www.zoompo.com