Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Dj - cloning virtual deck from start of track?

King-L 12:15 PM - 2 March, 2016
Basically I've been using scratch live for years and when you clone the virtual deck it loads the same track to the other deck but from the beginning of that track - this is how I like it...

In serato Dj when you clone the deck it clones it to the same position of the track that's playing? I don't like this. Is there any way of making it like it is in scratch live?

Thanks
Dj cuervo 5:31 PM - 2 March, 2016
instant double... Turn it off under the settings
DJ Tecniq 5:40 PM - 2 March, 2016
Yes turn off instant doubles in setup you must of had it on? However instant doubles are great when you want to juggle two of the same tracks👍🏻
King-L 6:07 PM - 2 March, 2016
ye I know I've checked that and it's off. Even with this switched off in serato Dj doubling the track takes them both to the same point...
DJ Tecniq 8:47 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
ye I know I've checked that and it's off. Even with this switched off in serato Dj doubling the track takes them both to the same point...
So you mean it's still doubling even though doubles are unchecked in your settings? What version are you on? Have you tried a diff version of SDJ
King-L 9:12 PM - 2 March, 2016
It does this in all SDJ I've used. Even on latest version. That's why I'm still using SL at the moment
DJ Tecniq 10:42 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
It does this in all SDJ I've used. Even on latest version. That's why I'm still using SL at the moment
Odd what kind of equipement are you using?
King-L 10:59 PM - 2 March, 2016
Mac Pro, sl2, pioneer CDjs & mixer. Standard setup really. Never had a problem with it in SL but when testing out SDJ I noticed this and tried to resolve 2 or 3 times without a result
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:04 PM - 2 March, 2016
do you have SDJ set to ABS or REL?
King-L 11:07 PM - 2 March, 2016
Relative
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:14 PM - 2 March, 2016
really sounds like you have instant doubles ticked, post a video of the setting screen and then show us the issue happening
King-L 11:18 PM - 2 March, 2016
Yeah I know it's strange! Ok yeah I will do tomorrow as soon as possible. Thanks