Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serrate DJ HID Control For CDJ 2000 NXS2?

ankit 9:08 AM - 26 February, 2016
I recently bought a new pair of CDJ 2000 NXS2 but could not get through the HID connection.

Everything is good at my end from hardware firmware to software upgrades.

I did a bit of research and found out on Pioneer forums that Serato is expected to come up with a support for HID connections for CDJ-2000-NXS2 as the players already have a built in support for HID connections.

Wondering how soon can we expect this upgrade from Serato?
kbscholar 11:18 PM - 26 February, 2016
Why wouldn't the CDJ's have HID built into them? They should. Did you change the mode in settings from Standard to Advanced?
BriChi 1:58 AM - 27 February, 2016
HID is built in and you don't have to change any settings anymore to advanced, only on the original 2000's

Serato needs to build a new version that incorporates NXS2 compatibility
ankit 3:08 PM - 29 February, 2016
Like BriChi said, "Serato needs to build a new version that incorporates NXS2 compatibility"

HID is built in on CDJ2000 NXS2 and you don't have to change any settings anymore to advanced, only on the original 2000's
ankit 3:09 PM - 29 February, 2016
Wondering why anyone from Serato hasn't acknowledged my request yet.
BriChi 5:46 PM - 29 February, 2016
maybe they think that people wouldn't buy such high end gear just to control serato? lol
JamesGiles 6:48 PM - 29 February, 2016
The club I work at has just got some, so I really hope Serato releases a new version with NXS2 compatibility soon
Joe Fresh 7:50 PM - 29 February, 2016
As the CDJ-2000NXS2 was just released, I would guess that Serato will take a little time to work out any technical and/or licensing issues before releasing an update to Serato DJ that brings HID compatibility. That said, I personally see no reason to think that the 2000NXS2 won't be supported for HID at some point in the future.
ankit 2:13 AM - 23 May, 2016
i was expecting the HID support in the new release but there's nothing yet.
Daniel Ventura 7:33 AM - 23 May, 2016
pio wants to force the vendors to implement kuvo when using hid.
maarawoe 4:17 PM - 23 May, 2016
There is no HID even for xdj-700 released while ago....
Almost looks like Pionee don't want to support serato by allowing the hid, making who uses nxs2 to use them standalo or with the RB DJ. Logical step indeed...
deejdave 11:36 PM - 23 May, 2016
Serato, Support
Marcus S 3:50 AM - 25 May, 2016
Hey there guys,

At the moment we can't give a current date for CDJ2000 NXS2 HID support. Please keep an eye on our email and social media updates for news.

All the best,
ankit 2:19 AM - 28 May, 2016
Hey Marcus,

Thanks for replying, Though it took you over three months.

I got the same reply from CC recently.

Thanks again, it was really helpful!
deejdave 2:23 AM - 28 May, 2016
Quote:
Hey Marcus,

Thanks for replying, Though it took you over three months.

I got the same reply from CC recently.

Thanks again, it was really helpful!

Not trying to bash but was there something all that important there that you needed to hear? He literally gave no information except where to look if/when it does happen.
ankit 9:37 AM - 7 June, 2016

Not trying to bash but was there something all that important there that you needed to hear? He literally gave no information except where to look if/when it does happen.

I was trying to through some sarcasm.
ankit 9:37 AM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:

I was trying to through some sarcasm.
deejdave 4:22 PM - 7 June, 2016
Ahhh yeah hoping all of this will light a fire under the right person to get it done
Daniel Ventura 6:07 PM - 7 June, 2016
fyi:
vdj has just implemented hid on the nxs2 :-)
ankit 8:25 AM - 14 June, 2016
VDJ for me is a waste. Enough reasons from personal experience.
deejdave 2:16 AM - 15 June, 2016
Anything in particular wrong with it? I used to think it was trash until I got over the stigma part and took it for what it is.
Joe Fresh 2:19 AM - 15 June, 2016
This issue was featured today on DJ TechTools: djtechtools.com
Ron Margan 11:40 AM - 20 June, 2016
i'm still wating for CDJ-350 support that Serato and Pioneer are working on for more then a year now, for Serato DJ
Daniel Ventura 12:00 PM - 20 June, 2016
you don't have to wait, no one was ever working on sdj hid Support for the cdj350. you can use rb dj, vdj or mixvibes for this device.
Ron Margan 12:10 PM - 20 June, 2016
i read somewhere that they were working on it. and Serato stopped supporting SSL and want us to move to SDJ, so they need to give us HID for those devices.
Daniel Ventura 12:12 PM - 20 June, 2016
i think there will be no Support for 350 and 400 anymore.
it's not that hard to implement hid devices so if they wanted to they would have implemented Long time ago in sdj.
Ron Margan 1:12 PM - 20 June, 2016
that's just stupid. now i have to stay with SSL for some clubs.
SirForce 3:18 PM - 20 June, 2016
+1, and also asking for Club Kit for the DJM900NXS2...
Joe Fresh 12:23 AM - 21 June, 2016
Considering that the CDJ-350 is discontinued by Pioneer, I would not expect any further support for them by Serato (or Pioneer).
deejdave 1:27 AM - 21 June, 2016
Don't see 350 support happening any faster than 400 TBH. The XDJ-700 has pretty much replaced them just as the NXS2 setup has replaced the higher end players. I do however fully expect Serato to support NXS2 gear if they know what is good for them...............
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:56 PM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:
Don't see 350 support happening any faster than 400 TBH. The XDJ-700 has pretty much replaced them just as the NXS2 setup has replaced the higher end players. I do however fully expect Serato to support NXS2 gear if they know what is good for them...............

At the same time brining a much better hid experience! As that needs to happen! Rejordbox dj blows seratos hid out the water.
deejdave 3:25 PM - 21 June, 2016
Truth!!!
Ron Margan 2:40 PM - 22 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

At the same time brining a much better hid experience! As that needs to happen! Rejordbox dj blows seratos hid out the water.

yep. too bad RB is not as good as SDJ
maarawoe 4:08 PM - 23 June, 2016
Quote:

yep. too bad RB is not as good as SDJ

When taking the speed of development of the RB into account, I'd say its a question of a very very short time.
While serato is focusing on a minor improvements and fixes for years instead of something really interesting/important, RB is getting major features and improvements with every release and for the hid use, its imo already a better experience than on Serato (for example the library is absolutely incomparable, you don't need the soundcard, you have got the matching tracks etc.)...
To be honest, the only reason for me to use serato with a player in hid mode is the P'n'T and nothing else... Generally, for HID, I see no reason why to stick with Serato any longer..
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:23 PM - 23 June, 2016
Video
Daniel Ventura 11:08 AM - 24 June, 2016
hid was never a strenght of serato...was the main reason to Switch to Traktor years ago. still playing some hid gigs on sdj just for looking at the development, but it's still the worst implementation on the market.
Bouwer 12:38 PM - 24 June, 2016
Hi Serato guys,

I'm also the owner of some Pioneer 2000 NXS 2 and like many others not very satisfield that there's still no HID support with Serato DJ.
I am a years longtime Serato user and don't want to be forced to switch to Rekordsbox when using cdjs.

I hope that the 1.9.2 beta would support NXS 2 but nope...
I got this from the Pioneer Support:

"There is nothing more we can do on our end to make the CDJ-2000NXS2 HID-ready. It's already ready. Serato must support the hardware in order for it to work. I suggest posting this request on the Serato forum. Maybe if there is enough demand, it will help get the ball rolling."

Please let us know if there's something in work and WHEN we can except HID support with the NXS 2 series.

Thanks in advance for an answer.
eric-a 9:20 PM - 24 June, 2016
it takes them ages because they have their new breakthrough toy (crap?) "serato pyro".

SL4 has not been stable for years (on windows 7 64bits), between the updates that crash more, the lack of support for proper HID, the instability (crashed during gigs or in the middle of a mix) and now the simple NON SUPPORT of SL4 (other than beta) and other devices for OS/x el capitan.

I really wonder what they are doing and what they expect, I have been using scratch live (a ROCK SOLID STUFF OUTDATED unfortunately) and bought, SL1 (with SSL), SL3, SL4, DDJ-SP1, Pitch-n-Time, and even 2 izotope effect packs, thinking of sticking on SDJ and live/perform with it.

Over the years the QUALITY DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY, either it the sound quality or software reliability, it just DOES NOT WORK, I don't dare to use it out anymore.

Sure I am ranting, but after this long term relationship with Serato, their way of ignoring users, ignoring the very people that brought them into this position and providing US with a strong and stable product line, serato choose to have no vision and run after competition of adding more crap/controllers/and other tamagochis into their product.

Go on holidays while your village is on fire, good thinking.

I started migrating everything from Serato DJ to CDJ/Rekorbox, I don't want to handle more crap and I won't buy more.

I strongly suggest anyone to just ABANDON them and leave them to die economically, they have nothing more to provide and the only way to be taken seriously is economically.

When I read everywhere similar issue that are unsolved or unanswered for some time and everyone seems PISSED and seeing them just asking for "did you open a ticket, did you read the optimization documentation for windows, blabal" OF COURSE I DID!

anyway don't loose more time with it.
Tommy Deem 11:17 AM - 25 June, 2016
Still my two cents. U buy the best mediaplayers on the market and pay high price. Then u turn them to controllers which u can buy 1/10 of the price of one unit. Lose all the things that makes these players the greatest. Why do that?? When u have all the data in players which u have on serato. Just saying. Tried HID and timecode with cdj's once, and those the most useless things in Dj world (this when u have xdj 1000/700, nxs 900/2000 or nxs2 players) units below those i understand cauze of lag of information that players provide. Still just MO and just saying.
eric-a 8:22 AM - 27 June, 2016
i tried HID, I'm not using, but HID is just another symptom of the overall product quality drop
and I don't have NXS2 (I wish) just regular CDJ2000, but that does not really matter as it does not work better, I used it as my regular vinyl/CD DVS until it crashed several in the middle of a club while mixing, with no apparent reasons or having 1 input working for 2 hours, and then not responding, requiring you to plug and unplug USB, LIVE!...
it's just a rant that highlight the long term running problems of serato since they moved away from SSL, it IS NOT STABLE, NOT RELIABLE and what's the point if it's just a toy for home.
my 2 cents.
Tommy Deem 3:16 PM - 27 June, 2016
Pls, let's not again start tre reliable/stable issue talk, cauze there are many people who runs dvs/hid with zero problems, with any hardware.
Joe Fresh 4:58 PM - 27 June, 2016
Quote:
Pls, let's not again start the reliable/stable issue talk, cause there are many people who runs DVS/HID with zero problems, with any hardware.

+1 (I'm one of those people)

It's encouraging to see that response from Pioneer support claiming that the ball is in Serato's court to bring HID support to the NX2 lineup. If that's true, then it would be a clear sign (and a huge relief) that Pioneer is not actively blocking third-party software from integrating with their hardware. This was a concern of many (myself included) that Pioneer might try doing this in order to push their own RBDJ software as the sole option for HID performance on their new hardware.

We'll need a response from someone at Serato to see where they stand.
eric-a 8:16 AM - 28 June, 2016
Tommy, you're right, let's not start that again, it's true many ppl seems to run it but there are also many people who run into many problems and issues while they did not before, so obviously something is happening and this forum is full of it.
deejdave 8:22 PM - 28 June, 2016
In all fairness it is kind of obvious that a forum would be full of peeps reporting issues. Not too often someone would come in just to say "HEY everything is working great.................. THANKS!!!"

That being said it is all relative. Some just don't need/utilize the same features. Some have higher/lower expectations. Some are proactive some just wait for things to be fixed. Some do research some just complain. It's all here and it all happens.

ANYWAYS back to topic I use HID. It works great for me. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely and the first thing that can be done IMO is add the CDJ-2000NXS2. This is a key moment for Serato to pretty much set the record straight or pretty much fall right into the claims many are making. VDJ has the HID support for them.......................... need I say more?
Marine 1:51 AM - 29 June, 2016
How does virtual dj have hid support for the cdj 2000 nxs2 before serato smh. I bought the cdj 2000 nxs2's in february it's now almost july. I do video or I would have switched over to rekordbox. they are still in the box waiting for serato compatibility. Please let us know when this will happen
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:01 AM - 29 June, 2016
VDJ Supports everything and usually pretty quick. Serato is always last. I think the XDJ-1000 is the only player Serato Supported on release.
Daniel Ventura 7:12 AM - 29 June, 2016
the "Problem" is:

pioneer wants to force the sw vendors to implement kuvo when using hid.
The CDJs 2000nxs2 are acting like a dongle.
you can test it...if rb dj is open you can use hid Monitor or other Software to see whats Happening (hid sending receiving) if rb dj is closed there is no hid communication.
vdj luckyly gives a shit on such things and reversed this this mechanism (as always) and so simply got hid working without rb dj open.
as far as i know it was not that hard so emulate what rb dj does ;-)
SirForce 12:49 PM - 29 June, 2016
At least VDJ supports serato timecode... doesnt cost much.... i would pay serato for this capabilty.... i would even pay for some bug fixes because i really want the bugs fixed vs the free lip service. Ugh... i already own RB and have tried VDJ. Im backed intona corner and i dont like it when it comes to serato. This sucks.
Daniel Ventura 1:07 PM - 29 June, 2016
rb dj Supports serato tc too :-) great Thing :-)
SirForce 1:11 PM - 29 June, 2016
Quote:
rb dj Supports serato tc too :-) great Thing :-)

It sort of works ... Watchwww.youtube.com

It's all relative and even the runout area of the serato control vinyl controls RB. It "slips" during fast movement. I think basic mixing would work in a pinch but using stickers and spinning fast forward or backward as in juggling will not work. The sticker will quickly be in the wrong position as tracking is very poor with Serato timecode. RB Vinyl also works with SSL but the tracking signal bar is always red and only relative mode works. I didn't try RB vinyl with SDJ.
Daniel Ventura 1:47 PM - 29 June, 2016
hmm never realized any problems with serato tc on rb dj and digitracks. but im not the big scratcher etc.
kbscholar 4:47 PM - 30 June, 2016
Is anyone here having issues with running HID mode and a USB stick, while switching back & forth between the two? Is is for HID mode for the Non-NXS2's.
maarawoe 7:13 AM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Video

Rekordbox just got video (if music for dj is not enough....)
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:01 AM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Video

Rekordbox just got video (if music for dj is not enough....)

Wasn't quite clear but maybe just them only advertising there controller but said works with the R range so does that mean video only works with Rekordbox controllers?

Wonder what features they got. Obviously MixEmergency has alot of features.
maarawoe 9:38 AM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

Wasn't quite clear but maybe just them only advertising there controller but said works with the R range so does that mean video only works with Rekordbox controllers?

They are saying that its plug and play with their controllers.
Haven't updated to 4.2 and never used video but it almost sure that it means that for the other controllers you will just need to midi map it.
Restricting it to only their controllers wouldn't make sense and would be totally against their current goal...
ankit 7:37 AM - 15 July, 2016
Oh C'mon SERATO... WTH
ankit 2:08 AM - 2 August, 2016
New update is here and no HID control yet. Serato what the hell guys!

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July are gone and August is here, two updates have been released and there is still no official word from Serato on HID for CDJ NXS!
Marine 7:37 AM - 2 August, 2016
I just sold mine on eBay got sick of waiting
amsioso 8:37 AM - 15 September, 2016
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com
Serato, Support
Marcus S 9:03 PM - 18 October, 2016
Hey people, good news - We're going to be supporting the CDJ2000 NXS2 for HID mode before the end of the year. See the link below:

serato.com
nikodb 4:32 PM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey people, good news - We're going to be supporting the CDJ2000 NXS2 for HID mode before the end of the year. See the link below:

serato.com

Dont mean to bash that or something, thats good news indeed.....but way many people cannot afford such expensive gear...

I really hope you guys are working on a xdj 700 deal somehow, since 350s are so late, nobody believes anything going to happen there...

Without mentioning my equipment history which is Serato all the way, since 2007 (and trust me i ve had and traded a LOT)..... i currently do own an a Akai Amx, SL4 and SL3 (not to mention i own, all expansion packs and video)...

i mean i do pay my dues and support you the best i can and all i have as a mobile and affordable standalone player is the ndx500, not much of a choice there since the beginning...Please comment.

Cheers
Nik
SirForce 3:39 PM - 22 November, 2016
Is the public beta for NXS2 Club Kit coming soon?
Qtr2ate 9:19 PM - 18 April, 2017
I recently upgraded from cdj 2000nxs & djm 2000 to cdj 2000nxs2 and djm 2000nxs. I kept my SSL3 and Macbook which is running OS X ver.10.7. I downloaded Serato DJ on the mac but i still have the SSL hooked up. All firmware is up to date. I am not getting any sound from my speakers or headphones. What am i doing wrong?
SirForce 9:29 PM - 18 April, 2017
You will need to upgrade OSX. 10.7 is too old for modern SDJ for NXS2 HID.

serato.com

You're in quite a predicament. While the SL3 works with scratchlive the NXS2 does not. If your Mac is capable of running modern OSX that's your path forward.
Qtr2ate 11:13 PM - 18 April, 2017
So if i upgrade my OSX to a more current/modern version on my mac then i dont need the SL3? Can i just use the Serato DJ I downloaded with the new equipment?
Qtr2ate 11:20 PM - 18 April, 2017
What is the oldest OS X version that I can use with Serato DJ and my NXS2?
Laz219 11:38 PM - 18 April, 2017
You'd still need the SL3 because the DJM2000NXS isn't a club kit mixer,
Serato, Support
Jordan L 1:59 AM - 19 April, 2017
Quote:
What is the oldest OS X version that I can use with Serato DJ and my NXS2?

Hey,

The DJM-900NXS2 will require you to use Serato DJ 1.9.5 or later. OS X 10.9 is the oldest operating system that SDJ 1.9.5 supports.

If you're referring to the DJM-2000 then you will need to use an interface as suggested, this mixer isn't a Serato Club Kit supported piece of hardware.

Cheers.