Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Is there any Black Dj's

Bigzoe 2:55 PM - 23 February, 2016
I don't mean no harm when I ask is there any Black Dj's because when I see anything serato put out the only hip hop dj I see is jazzy jeff or all the big dj competition its always white dj and it always seem to me. That these dj's are suppose to be the best in the world. I'm happy that it reached world wide fame but remember it started as a way for us black people to express ourselves in nyc. I like diversity but when I see 20 routines and one is black I would start taking a look at it. I just want to say I not accusing anybody of racism so please don't be offended. Its something I just notice and if Im wrong point me in the right direction
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:38 PM - 23 February, 2016
This should be good
selectajay 4:23 PM - 23 February, 2016
hmmm...good observation Bigzoe ..My thought is.. Serato only recognize $$GREEN$$
but you're right..it appears mostly white boys are heavily promoted by SERATO
AKIEM 9:31 PM - 23 February, 2016
Bezzle is a "hood DJ" - does that count?

lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:43 PM - 23 February, 2016
Quote:
Bezzle is a "hood DJ" - does that count?

lol

yup, got a trophy to prove it loll
DJ Remix Detroit 1:12 AM - 24 February, 2016
Niggas...smdh. only niggas.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:14 AM - 24 February, 2016
#HandUpDontScratch

#SeratoLivesMatter
DJ Remix Detroit 1:26 AM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
but you're right..it appears mostly white boys are heavily promoted by.

If the roles were flipped and white people made this kind of statement about blacks, you negros would be crying racism.

Blacks have taken over the NBA, the NFL, etc. Yet you find the need to take one of the coolest dj companies on the planet and find an issue with race, where there is none?

Here's an idea, start your own dj company and sponsor all the black dj''s you want. Leave serato alone and let them do what they want with their own company.

Typical negros making everything about race
AKIEM 3:05 AM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:

Typical negros making everything about race

LMAO!!!
 6 4:54 AM - 24 February, 2016
lol @ SeratoLivesMatter

nm
Bigzoe 1:23 PM - 24 February, 2016
I dont understand why people are being so negative about this subject. I'm not trying to make serato out to be racist. I was just hoping that we could have a discussion without calling each other names. I say white not because its a bad thing , I just don't see no reason calling you outside of your race. but before you call me a black man you have to find a word to define me like niggas. I just want to say If it wasn't for these naggas or negros there wouldn't be Scratching or competition because it started in the hood as you say it. I'm not making serato out to be racist I would like to see more diversity in there completion, in there routines thats all. I want to say this If I said anything that offend anyone I apologize. oh I just want to say this most all of the of all the NBA teams are owned by white people and all of the NFL team are owned by white people I suggest that you write to these owners and tell them how you feel because I don't know what that has to do with DJing smile
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:03 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:

before you call me a black man you have to find a word to define me like niggas

wait.....say what now?
DJ Remix Detroit 3:16 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
before you call me a black man you have to find a word to define me like niggas

I found 2 words:

Ignorant

Racist
DJ Remix Detroit 3:17 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
I dont understand why people are being so negative about this subject. I'm not trying to make serato out to be racist. I was just hoping that we could have a discussion without calling each other names. I say white not because its a bad thing , I just don't see no reason calling you outside of your race. but before you call me a black man you have to find a word to define me like niggas. I just want to say If it wasn't for these naggas or negros there wouldn't be Scratching or competition because it started in the hood as you say it. I'm not making serato out to be racist I would like to see more diversity in there completion, in there routines thats all. I want to say this If I said anything that offend anyone I apologize. oh I just want to say this most all of the of all the NBA teams are owned by white people and all of the NFL team are owned by white people I suggest that you write to these owners and tell them how you feel because I don't know what that has to do with DJing smile

Smh, they should've never gave you negros internet
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 24 February, 2016
Bigzoe, don't worry about these idiots. Theres an actual Klan group here on the Serato forums who run around trying to attack civilized people. Really are pathetic, you just have to laugh at them - pure entertainment.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:59 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
Bigzoe, don't worry about these idiots. Theres an actual Klan group here on the Serato forums who run around trying to attack civilized people. Really are pathetic, you just have to laugh at them - pure entertainment.

There are definitely racists on here and bigzo appears to be a prime example
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:00 PM - 24 February, 2016
Hey bigzoe, which black djs would you like serato to include? Can you post some videos of their routines?
 6 4:36 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
Hey bigzoe, which black djs would you like serato to include? Can you post some videos of their routines?

Serato won't be putting up videos of black DJ's typing on their keyboards. lol

For years, lots of DJ's here (you know who you are) have never even posted a single video here. lol

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:43 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

For years, lots of DJ's here (you know who you are) have never even posted a single video here. lol

nm

Lmfao, from the videos i have seen, serato probably dosent want to make the commitment to invest that much capital into the amount of hand lotion that would be required to make an acceptable video (or the time invested into teaching them how to use it)
AKIEM 5:38 PM - 24 February, 2016
Serato KKK in effect.
DJ Remix Detroit 5:41 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Lmfao, from the videos i have seen, serato probably dosent want to make the commitment to invest that much capital into the amount of hand lotion that would be required to make an acceptable video (or the time invested into teaching them how to use it)

Now that was funny. Lol
DJ Remix Detroit 5:43 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Man, you know can't be firing shots at black folk...

Das racist. He dindu nuffin

#handsupdontshoot
AKIEM 5:48 PM - 24 February, 2016
The Grand Klegal himself. Klans all here.

..the real Dindoos, best material in the world.

Lmao!
...please continue
DJ Remix Detroit 6:57 PM - 24 February, 2016
Quote:

Lmao!
...please continue

Coming from the conductor of the soul train...lol
Bigzoe 12:42 AM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Quote:
Quote:

There are definitely racists on here and bigzo appears to be a prime example

what did I say that was racist
Bigzoe 1:02 AM - 25 February, 2016
I just want to say serato is doing a hell of a job when it comes to djing and the guys that they do have on there post are talented better yet awesome. I'm not taking nothing from them. Maybe I could have word it differently. I will not participate in name calling,stereo typing of any kind its one thing we all have in common and that the love of music and what we can do with a crowd. And to my caucasian dj I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have caused,but I won't take back the fact that I would like to see more people of color doing there thing too.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:44 AM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
I would like to see more people of color doing there thing too.

So would I, thats why i asked for example vids of guys serato should feature....still waiting
Marv Incredible 6:10 AM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
thats why i asked for example vids of guys serato should feature....still waiting

Warren Peace
Watchwww.youtube.com
Not a turntablist but he's a brother doing his thing, doing it successfully and trying to share that success with others. Gets a vote in my book.

Based on his tutorial vids, I've already asked Serato to do more to back efforts like his. So far he hasn't shown me anything I didn't personally know, but I'm sure he will and I know a lot of it is new to others who find his series very useful.
Watchwww.youtube.com

I wish we'd all put out more content; me included -- and I rate anyone that does. And if I see something I think can be improved, I'll either give my feedback or make a note to apply it myself when I do it.
DJ Remix Detroit 12:40 PM - 25 February, 2016
so now the suggestion is that serato should specifically and purposfully target people because of color instead of just focusing and featuring them because of their talent/accomplishments.

pretty bass ackwards if you ask me.

Bigzoe you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. i am just pointing out the fact that there is an unhealthy trend of negroes always making things about skin color, when that is the farthest thing from everyone's mind.

Im pretty sure Serato is just seeking out folks with great talent. they could give a fuck less about the color of their skin.

you're solution of specifically seeking out "people of color" would only make them focus purely on race instead of purely on content of talent... which is taking a step backwards.
DJ Remix Detroit 12:48 PM - 25 February, 2016
and by your logic Bigzoe. the majority of DJ's Serato features are skinny and males... so should they now start seeking fat DJ's.... female DJ's.

do you see how this type of mentality can creates a huge mess and can potentially damage a company's primary focus of the product they produce?

instead of focusing on the love of music (which is the common denominator of DJ's), now they are focusing on a bunch of stupid politically correct bullshit?

Instead of suggesting Serato change what they do, you have every right and oppurtunity to start your own DJ company that can sponsor "more people of color". which would be a niche you could fufill.
AKIEM 1:04 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
so now the suggestion is that serato should specifically and purposfully target people because of color instead of just focusing and featuring them because of their talent/accomplishments.

Bigzoe you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. i am just pointing out the fact that there is an unhealthy trend of negroes always making things about skin color, when that is the farthest thing from everyone's mind.

P A L E A Z E

You are the prime character doing that and advocating that around here.

Your dumb ass even tries to back that shit up with (skewed)facts and (psudo)science

The real factor is if you pic black people out by race to shit on - its all good with you.

Anyone who says anything in favor of Black people you attack with Klan speak rhetoric. As long as you single out and speak of black people in the worse terms possible you are good with it.

you aint gotta lie dude

Quote:

Im pretty sure Serato is just seeking out folks with great talent. they could give a fuck less about the color of their skin.

you're solution of specifically seeking out "people of color" would only make them focus purely on race instead of purely on content of talent... which is taking a step backwards.

Not *if there was already a step backward. If there is/was a 'good ol boy' (which you favor of course) process in effect then it would be something to look at.

LMAO @ this MF acting like his prime decision making process isn't about stereotyping and hating black people.

S M G D H
AKIEM 1:09 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
and by your logic Bigzoe. the majority of DJ's Serato features are skinny and males... so should they now start seeking fat DJ's.... female DJ's.

do you see how this type of mentality can creates a huge mess and can potentially damage a company's primary focus of the product they produce?

bwahaaaaa!

So purposefully seeking out a female DJ for example will hurt the product?

Is that whats wrong with SDJ???

LMAO this dude

Quote:

instead of focusing on the love of music (which is the common denominator of DJ's), now they are focusing on a bunch of stupid politically correct bullshit?

hmmm.... does your hate of Black people make your a better DJ?

LMAO

Quote:

Instead of suggesting Serato change what they do, you have every right and oppurtunity to start your own DJ company that can sponsor "more people of color". which would be a niche you could fufill.

bwaaaaahaaaaa. He also has the right to bring the subject up here without being attacked by the Serato KKK (but you know....)
AKIEM 1:11 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Lmao!
...please continue

Coming from the conductor of the soul train...lol

Well, I do play Funk Soul and R&B... so excellent point.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:44 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:

so you are a feminist too?

gotcha.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:47 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
does your hate of Black people make your a better DJ?

i dont hate anyone.

i like black people... i just dont like niggas/niggers.

there is a difference.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:51 PM - 25 February, 2016
Respectful blacks who carry themselves in a civilized respectful manner and are hard working , like Dr. Ben Carson, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Booker T. Washington, etc, are blacks that I respect and admire.

niggas/niggers that are destroying the decency of the black image, like 2 Chainz, Al Sharpton, Lil Wayne, Black Lives Matter, etc. are the ones that I don't care for.
DJ Remix Detroit 2:02 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
niggas/niggers that are destroying the decency of the black image, like 2 Chainz, Al Sharpton, Lil Wayne, Black Lives Matter, etc. are the ones that I don't care for.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention Barak Obama...lol
AKIEM 2:23 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

so you are a feminist too?

gotcha.

You don't like women - obviously.

And I don't see a problem with purposefully adding a female DJ if its all men (and others) on the roster.

Quote:
Quote:
does your hate of Black people make your a better DJ?

i dont hate anyone.

i like black people... i just dont like niggas/niggers.

there is a difference.

If there is a difference, you're never making a point of it - your criticism is of "Blacks" <- thats a quote. And the epithets you (and your friends) throw around are meant to be slurs against Black People in general, and thats the way you use them.

Quote:
Respectful blacks who carry themselves in a civilized respectful manner and are hard working , like Dr. Ben Carson, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Booker T. Washington, etc, are blacks that I respect and admire.

Malcom would smack ur dumb ass

Quote:

You hold the above up as representing Black people and not the latter.

According to you Black people are idiots, and white people are not.

Quote:
oh yeah, I forgot to mention Barak Obama...lol

exactly -

I certainly dont agree with everything Obama has done politically but claiming he is a 'nigger who destroys decency' is klan talk

And you don't believe in any "decency of the black image" According to you Black people have never been shit. You hate black people for being taken as slaves, you agree they should be segregated - don't agree in equal justice - agree with lynchings - should never be in a position over white people - never did shit historically relevant or intelligent - etc.

Don't come out in these other threads with lies
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:26 PM - 25 February, 2016
Serato KKK in FULL effect....lmao.

smh.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:04 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
According to you Black people have never been shit. You hate black people for being taken as slaves

Quote:
agree with lynchings - should never be in a position over white people - never did shit historically relevant or intelligent

I've never said this at all. and if I have please post the link to where I've said any of this.

again, you build your arguments off your own lies.

Quote:
you agree they should be segregated

now this is true. and i believe this of all races. If races keep to thier own, it breeds self reliance and self independence.

just because people stick to their own doesn't mean they have to hate other races.

the way segregation has been implemented into american society has given blacks cancerous mindset of relying on white people and the government instead of doing for themselves, ie. starting their own schools, business, social programs.

there is a saying: if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, if you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life.

this is the context of my point.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:05 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:

I would have to disagree, If you knew anything of what Malcolm preached, It was self relieance and independence.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:11 PM - 25 February, 2016
as a matter of fact, this thread is a perfect example of my point.

Instead of Bigzoe going out and starting his own dj company that can put DJ's of color on the map, he'd rather rely on a white company to do it for him.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:20 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
You hate black people for being taken as slaves

I'll clarify the content of my point on this as well.

if you take the american revolutionary war for example. instead of allowing Great Britain to come over here and take over, the original colonies fought to the death for their freedom. The didn't allow the Redcoats to just come over here and take what they wanted. At that time Great Brittain had the most powerful navy in the world and the original colonies were able to defeat them and establish their independence.

Africans just allowed other nations to come into their territory and enslave them. Instead of fighting to the death, they bowed down and allowed themselves to be defeated. And it wasn't until centuries later that they relied on white people to give them their liberty.

If someone were to come into my house and try to enslave me, you best believe I would fight to the death. Eventually they would get the point that it was worthless to try to enslave me because my value of freedom dead, was worth more than my enslavement alive.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:38 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:

and again, you are a shining example of the skewed mentality that most black americans have: because some disagrees with your views you automatically acuse them of dislike/hate/racism/sexism etc.

i absolutely have no problem with a female starting her own company and putting females on the map, but to completely bitch and complain that another company do it for her, is very disingenuous.

why would expect a successful company to deter from the actions that made them successful in order to fit your personal agenda?

again, start your own company and have that company cater to your personal agenda.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:48 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
thats why i asked for example vids of guys serato should feature....still waiting

Warren Peace
Watchwww.youtube.com
Not a turntablist but he's a brother doing his thing, doing it successfully and trying to share that success with others. Gets a vote in my book.

Based on his tutorial vids, I've already asked Serato to do more to back efforts like his. So far he hasn't shown me anything I didn't personally know, but I'm sure he will and I know a lot of it is new to others who find his series very useful.
Watchwww.youtube.com

I wish we'd all put out more content; me included -- and I rate anyone that does. And if I see something I think can be improved, I'll either give my feedback or make a note to apply it myself when I do it.

Ok, back on topic. This guy you posted seems to be a pretty good resident vegas dj..BUT...what does he have to offer serato? He DOSENT have name value, his youtube page has under 300 subscribers and his vids habe under 5000 views so his reach isnt going to help serato, hes not a producer or touring dj so hes not bringing star power, and as you saif he's not a turntabilist so hes not going to be able to provide and mindblowing videos showing off the equipment. Hes just a normal resident dj for a very localized demographic and thats not what setatos looking for, white OR black. Would you still recommend serato feature him if he was white or would he just be another soso club dj? What does he have to offer other than being black?
Marv Incredible 4:22 PM - 25 February, 2016
I'm glad you said that Bezzle. I wrote my post shortly before going to bed last night and as soon as I got up today I wanted to come back and clarify that, when I was talking with Serato about pushing more guys like him, it had nothing to do with colour. I posted him here in response to what you said about examples of videos that Serato ought to be promoting and since you were looking for examples of black DJs in particular, he fit the bill even more.

But getting back to the new point you made, when I was co-signing him, it wasn't so much about what he had to offer Serato either. It was more about them giving more shine to 'regular users' - people who don't necessrily have star recognition (or even star quality) but who are doing good things with the software that regular users can aspire to and relate to.

Not everyone can relate to the superstars. What I particularly like about Warren's angle is that he focuses on teaching people tricks and techniques they can use in the field, even with limited skills. The problem I have with some of these superstar vids, is that a lot of DJs can't relate to or replicate what they're doing and all too often, what they're doing has nothing to do with the product itself.

Take the Chris Karns promo video of the 61 when it came out for example (I'm pretty sure it was the 61). I remember watching that video and thinking that everything he was doing could have been done on any mixer. In fact, he appeared to be showcasing the Dicers more than anything else. The video taught me nothing about why I might want to buy that particular mixer nor did it highlight the benefits of the software and how it worked with that particular unit. For turntablists, there were things they could relate to; for regular DJs, not so much. As a promo video, it did a hell of a job of promoting Chris Karns and turntablism but it did very little to promote the mixer itself.

And of course I get why companies want to be seen to be aligned with the 'best' but there's a growing disconnect between those at the very top and those at the bottom. Or to put it another way, it's like the 'middle class' segment of DJs aren't catered for like they could be, when it's that same demographic that spends most of the money and supports these companies in the first place.

The way I saw it, Serato showing some love to guys like Warren Peace would be good for the community now and good for Serato in the longer run. Instead of only dealing with people who are already well known with thousands of followers, Serato could use their platform to help make those users become better known and increase their reach and at very little cost. In other words, give a little back without necessarily worrying about what exactly how much you're getting in return.
Bigzoe 4:31 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:

I don't understand why
you keep saying start a black company ,african american support serato and buy there produce so now you got the money we should not have a voice when we see something wrong. If you look at your history they tried that already when we boycott certian organization they were going under but that not what this was about. So If I say I would like to see more woman dj then you would start saying I making it a man woman thing. why can't we just mix it up a little bit or. Oh about the post video as soon as I learn how to do that I will. I will say that serato do support scratch academy at the end of the day I still want people of color dj, and yes woman dj I know people will disagree with my point and thats cool
Bigzoe 4:38 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
I'm glad you said that Bezzle. I wrote my post shortly before going to bed last night and as soon as I got up today I wanted to come back and clarify that, when I was talking with Serato about pushing more guys like him, it had nothing to do with colour. I posted him here in response to what you said about examples of videos that Serato ought to be promoting and since you were looking for examples of black DJs in particular, he fit the bill even more.

But getting back to the new point you made, when I was co-signing him, it wasn't so much about what he had to offer Serato either. It was more about them giving more shine to 'regular users' - people who don't necessrily have star recognition (or even star quality) but who are doing good things with the software that regular users can aspire to and relate to.

Not everyone can relate to the superstars. What I particularly like about Warren's angle is that he focuses on teaching people tricks and techniques they can use in the field, even with limited skills. The problem I have with some of these superstar vids, is that a lot of DJs can't relate to or replicate what they're doing and all too often, what they're doing has nothing to do with the product itself.

Take the Chris Karns promo video of the 61 when it came out for example (I'm pretty sure it was the 61). I remember watching that video and thinking that everything he was doing could have been done on any mixer. In fact, he appeared to be showcasing the Dicers more than anything else. The video taught me nothing about why I might want to buy that particular mixer nor did it highlight the benefits of the software and how it worked with that particular unit. For turntablists, there were things they could relate to; for regular DJs, not so much. As a promo video, it did a hell of a job of promoting Chris Karns and turntablism but it did very little to promote the mixer itself.

And of course I get why companies want to be seen to be aligned with the 'best' but there's a growing disconnect between those at the very top and those at the bottom. Or to put it another way, it's like the 'middle class' segment of DJs aren't catered for like they could be, when it's that same demographic that spends most of the money and supports these companies in the first place.

The way I saw it, Serato showing some love to guys like Warren Peace would be good for the community now and good for Serato in the longer run. Instead of only dealing with people who are already well known with thousands of followers, Serato could use their platform to help make those users become better known and increase their reach and at very little cost. In other words, give a little back without necessarily worrying about what exactly how much you're getting in return.
Thank you because that what I was something I was try to say but I think it didn't come out right
Bigzoe 4:40 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you because that what I was something I was try to say but I think it didn't come out right
Im typing fast because have to go to work so if something come out wrong thats the reason. stay up
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:56 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im typing fast because have to go to work so if something come out wrong thats the reason. stay up

Does this explain the rest of your grammatically atrocious posts lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:59 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand why
you keep saying start a black company ,african american support serato and buy there produce so now you got the money we should not have a voice when we see something wrong.

And herein lies the issue. There is nothing WRONG with what serato is doing. They are taking the top guys who can do something for them and using them accordingly. what is WRONG is saying someone who puts out the best product or puts out the best numbers should not be featured in order to feature someone just based on the color of their skin.

Im STILL waiting on you to make a suggestion and post a peformance vid of someone YOU think serato should feature.
DJ Remix Detroit 5:03 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
so now you got the money we should not have a voice when we see something wrong.

im not saying you shouldn't have a voice, as i clearly stated above you have the right to voice your opinion and concerns.

Quote:
when we see something wrong

and that's where i'm saying Serato has done nothing wrong. If they were intentionally not sponsoring black DJ's strictly because of their skin... then yes that would be wrong. But I am willing to bet Serato employees doesn't have a racist bone in any of their bodies.

and in my personal opinion, even if they did want to purposely sponsor white DJ's only, that would still be their right to do that. at that point it would be more constructive to stop patronizing them and to start your own company that would flipside that type of bias.

Quote:
So If I say I would like to see more woman dj then you would start saying I making it a man woman thing.

if you said that, then you would indeed be making it about a sex thing.

Quote:
why can't we just mix it up a little bit or.

and I'm not against that at all. but as a man, why would you want to tell another man how to run their own business?

think about it like this: there is Mcdonalds, and there is Burger King. both believe in making and selling hamburgers. Did Burger King get their success by complaining that McDonald's should flame broil their patties instead of fry them? No. They believed that burgers should be cooked in a different manner, so they went out and started their own company and did things the way they saw fit, instead of trying to make someone else do it the way they wanted to.

all i'm saying is at this point you have made Serato's sponsership practices into a racial issue when no one else was looking at it in that manner and Serato has no intentional racial bias.

people now days have a very bad habit of thinking that just because they purchase products from a company they feel that they can tell that company how to run their business.

in no way shape or form am i telling you not to suggest things or voice your opinion, i'm just showing you the broader picture that you may not be aware of.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:03 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:

I can get behind this BUT there is alot of middle ground. im all for supporting mid tier djs BUT I feeel there is a vast quantity of more talented mid tier guys who provide a better reach as well.

Id elaborate more but we've hit kind of a topic crossroad here. Are we simply discussing seratos lack of black djs or are we discussing the disscounnect between serato and dj average joe. 2 TOTALLY different discussions
DJ Remix Detroit 5:04 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
what is WRONG is saying someone who puts out the best product or puts out the best numbers should not be featured in order to feature someone just based on the color of their skin.

boom!
DJ Remix Detroit 5:07 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Are we simply discussing seratos lack of black djs or are we discussing the disscounnect between serato and dj average joe. 2 TOTALLY different discussions

the original subject was black dj's, but since your logical response killed the original racial agenda, now he is swithing the subject...
Marv Incredible 5:37 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Id elaborate more but we've hit kind of a topic crossroad here. Are we simply discussing seratos lack of black djs or are we discussing the disscounnect between serato and dj average joe. 2 TOTALLY different discussions

I agree. I don't have any dog in the fight about Serato pushing (or not pushing) more black DJs. I don't think it's a conscious, racially-motivated decision at all. I don't know who suggested it was, but for the record, I disagree.

Quote:
the original subject was black dj's, but since your logical response killed the original racial agenda, now he is swithing the subject...

I think it's me who switched the subject. I do think that Serato could do more to push and promote 'mid-tier' DJs and Bezzle's quite right; that is another topic altogether.

One thing I will say about race though (and to no one in particular) and that's how too often, I don't see black people promoting each other enough. So with that said, why not share Warren's videos and help give him some space on your own platforms? I'm sure he'd appreciate the extra views.

That's the main reason I chimed in on this thread. Someone asked for an example of a black DJ doing stuff that really ought to be promoted more and I jumped at the chance to hold him up. He's doing his thing and I'm doing what I can to support him. Not just because he's black, but because I like what he's doing and want to celebrate and encourage him and others like him.

After all, even in areas of life where there is an agenda, black people (or any non-white race) can't really complain that white people aren't supporting them enough if they dont even support their own. We can't complain there aren't enough examples if we can't even produce any when asked. :-/

Peace fellas.
Bigzoe 5:58 PM - 25 February, 2016
Listen I'm not switching but if someone make an intelligent point I'm going to agree but I still sticking to my point but at this time I starting to repeat myself,its getting a bit redundant. Sometime people look for any opportunity to be nasty I will not participate in those kinds of conversations
DJ Remix Detroit 6:17 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Not just because he's black, but because I like what he's doing and want to celebrate and encourage him and others like him.

i agree. and that's what it should be about... what the person brings to the table, not what the color of their skin is.

Quote:
black people (or any non-white race) can't really complain that white people aren't supporting them enough if they dont even support their own. We can't complain there aren't enough examples if we can't even produce any when asked. :-/

i agree with this also. you can't complain about what others are/aren't doing if you are the main culprit yourself.
DJ Remix Detroit 6:19 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
I don't know who suggested it was

Quote:
remember it started as a way for us black people to express ourselves in nyc

Quote:
.it appears mostly white boys are heavily promoted by SERATO
DJ Remix Detroit 6:21 PM - 25 February, 2016
Bigzoe,

what is stopping you from creating your own DJ company and putting more DJ's of color on the map?
AKIEM 6:28 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Not just because he's black, but because I like what he's doing and want to celebrate and encourage him and others like him.

i agree. and that's what it should be about... what the person brings to the table, not what the color of their skin is.

LMAO - now thats back peddling from years of idiotic postings

Quote:

Quote:
black people (or any non-white race) can't really complain that white people aren't supporting them enough if they dont even support their own. We can't complain there aren't enough examples if we can't even produce any when asked. :-/

i agree with this also. you can't complain about what others are/aren't doing if you are the main culprit yourself.

Im not going to investigate if the op premise has merit, or look around for clips of black DJs or even figure out what their Serato status is but:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Secondly, I think Serato should feature more Legends
AKIEM 6:29 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Bigzoe,

what is stopping you from creating your own DJ company and putting more DJ's of color on the map?

lol
AKIEM 6:38 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

and again, you are a shining example of the skewed mentality that most black americans have: because some disagrees with your views you automatically acuse them of dislike/hate/racism/sexism etc.

LOL - no, Ive read years of your posts and come to that conclusion.

Quote:

i absolutely have no problem with a female starting her own company and putting females on the map, but to completely bitch and complain that another company do it for her, is very disingenuous.

Thats a dumb (well not advised) premis for a DJ company and part of the reason those type ventures have difficulties.

Quote:

why would expect a successful company to deter from the actions that made them successful in order to fit your personal agenda?

LMAO - Serato isn't successful because of the DJs they chose to sponsor. Mater of fact they originally didn't sponsor anyone.

Quote:

again, start your own company and have that company cater to your personal agenda.

Or talk to the successful company about a bias, maybe there is one that THEY themselves are unaware of and would like to correct (I don't know that there is)

Ive never perceived any 'racism' from Serato
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
so now you got the money we should not have a voice when we see something wrong.

im not saying you shouldn't have a voice, as i clearly stated above you have the right to voice your opinion and concerns.

...but not with out the KKK jumping on you slanging all types of epithets

Quote:

Quote:
when we see something wrong

and that's where i'm saying Serato has done nothing wrong. If they were intentionally not sponsoring black DJ's strictly because of their skin... then yes that would be wrong. But I am willing to bet Serato employees doesn't have a racist bone in any of their bodies.

omg, quit lying - lol!

Post after post you argue the intelligence of judging people by skin color.

Quote:

and in my personal opinion, even if they did want to purposely sponsor white DJ's only, that would still be their right to do that. at that point it would be more constructive to stop patronizing them and to start your own company that would flipside that type of bias.

Quote:
So If I say I would like to see more woman dj then you would start saying I making it a man woman thing.

if you said that, then you would indeed be making it about a sex thing.

Quote:
why can't we just mix it up a little bit or.

and I'm not against that at all. but as a man, why would you want to tell another man how to run their own business?

think about it like this: there is Mcdonalds, and there is Burger King. both believe in making and selling hamburgers. Did Burger King get their success by complaining that McDonald's should flame broil their patties instead of fry them? No. They believed that burgers should be cooked in a different manner, so they went out and started their own company and did things the way they saw fit, instead of trying to make someone else do it the way they wanted to.

all i'm saying is at this point you have made Serato's sponsership practices into a racial issue when no one else was looking at it in that manner and Serato has no intentional racial bias.

people now days have a very bad habit of thinking that just because they purchase products from a company they feel that they can tell that company how to run their business.

in no way shape or form am i telling you not to suggest things or voice your opinion, i'm just showing you the broader picture that you may not be aware of.

But thats literally all he did - make a suggestion - LMAO

Go read the og post Bigzoe wrote - you got all emotional and attacked him for
(fucking lunatic)
AKIEM 6:51 PM - 25 February, 2016
AKIEM 6:52 PM - 25 February, 2016
AKIEM 7:46 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I would have to disagree, If you knew anything of what Malcolm preached, It was self relieance and independence.

Guarantee you know comparatively little about Malcolm - otherwise you would have a better understanding about why others have called you "sell out" and "uncle tom". Malcolm would also have refereed to you as a 'house negro'

Nation Of Islam certainly did/does teach self reliance / do for self / self savior

But that doesn't mean 'don't point out a bias'.

You can build a DJ company (if thats what you want to do) AND make a suggestion to another at the same time. You set up a silly false dichotomy argument.

Should I just build my own mixers because I don't agree with every feature on my Rane mixer - shit dumb

Quote:

Instead of Bigzoe going out and starting his own dj company that can put DJ's of color on the map, he'd rather rely on a white company to do it for him.

LMAO your presumption is that he wants to build a DJ company in the first place. And even if he did, he can take a couple minutes to make a suggestion to a "competitor" - smh

Quote:
Quote:
You hate black people for being taken as slaves

I'll clarify the content of my point on this as well.

if you take the american revolutionary war for example. instead of allowing Great Britain to come over here and take over, the original colonies fought to the death for their freedom. The didn't allow the Redcoats to just come over here and take what they wanted. At that time Great Brittain had the most powerful navy in the world and the original colonies were able to defeat them and establish their independence.

terrible comparison, the parallels nearly nonexistent

Quote:

Africans just allowed other nations to come into their territory and enslave them. Instead of fighting to the death, they bowed down and allowed themselves to be defeated. And it wasn't until centuries later that they relied on white people to give them their liberty.

horrible understanding of history

A. Some African nations where involved in and profited off the slave trade.

B. Plenty Africans did fight to the death, some chose to survive, and some were born into it

C. "They" did not all rely on whites for liberty. There where many uprisings, political maneuvering, and just escaping.

Quote:

If someone were to come into my house and try to enslave me, you best believe I would fight to the death. Eventually they would get the point that it was worthless to try to enslave me because my value of freedom dead, was worth more than my enslavement alive.

No, you literally went to prison - the irony

youtu.be
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Listen I'm not switching but if someone make an intelligent point I'm going to agree but I still sticking to my point but at this time I starting to repeat myself,its getting a bit redundant.

I feel the same way as this will be the 3rd time ive asked you to post an example of a black dj giving a performance better than the ones being sponsored by setato...stiill waiting.

Thats the basic problem with the "theres not enough (ethnicity) in X". When asked for examples of people who fit the bill, people clam up and,get quiet. If you cant come up with 1 video how is setato.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. I don't have any dog in the fight about Serato pushing (or not pushing) more black DJs. I don't think it's a conscious, racially-motivated decision at all. I don't know who suggested it was, but for the record, I disagree.

Quote:

I think it's me who switched the subject. I do think that Serato could do more to push and promote 'mid-tier' DJs and Bezzle's quite right; that is another topic altogether.

One thing I will say about race though (and to no one in particular) and that's how too often, I don't see black people promoting each other enough. So with that said, why not share Warren's videos and help give him some space on your own platforms? I'm sure he'd appreciate the extra views.

That's the main reason I chimed in on this thread. Someone asked for an example of a black DJ doing stuff that really ought to be promoted more and I jumped at the chance to hold him up. He's doing his thing and I'm doing what I can to support him. Not just because he's black, but because I like what he's doing and want to celebrate and encourage him and others like him.

After all, even in areas of life where there is an agenda, black people (or any non-white race) can't really complain that white people aren't supporting them enough if they dont even support their own. We can't complain there aren't enough examples if we can't even produce any when asked. :-/

Peace fellas.

Very well said
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Listen I'm not switching but if someone make an intelligent point I'm going to agree but I still sticking to my point but at this time I starting to repeat myself,its getting a bit redundant.

I feel the same way as this will be the 3rd time ive asked you to post an example of a black dj giving a performance better than the ones being sponsored by setato...stiill waiting.

Thats the basic problem with the "theres not enough (ethnicity) in X". When asked for examples of people who fit the bill, people clam up and,get quiet. If you cant come up with 1 video how is setato.

Ive also noticed that alot of the time, its the person with the worst grammar/communication abilities who is throwing up the race flag.....could be a connection there...
AKIEM 7:58 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ive also noticed that alot of the time, its the person with the worst grammar/communication abilities who is throwing up the race flag.....could be a connection there...

You mean you? What are you talking about?

LMAO!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:27 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO!

Quote:
I don't mean no harm when I ask is there any Black Dj's because when I see anything serato put out the only hip hop dj I see is jazzy jeff or all the big dj competition its always white dj and it always seem to me. That these dj's are suppose to be the best in the world. I'm happy that it reached world wide fame but remember it started as a way for us black people to express ourselves in nyc. I like diversity but when I see 20 routines and one is black I would start taking a look at it. I just want to say I not accusing anybody of racism so please don't be offended. Its something I just notice and if Im wrong point me in the right direction
AKIEM 8:29 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
According to you Black people have never been shit. You hate black people for being taken as slaves

Quote:
agree with lynchings - should never be in a position over white people - never did shit historically relevant or intelligent

I've never said this at all. and if I have please post the link to where I've said any of this.

again, you build your arguments off your own lies.

Im not going to dig through the mounds of hate speech you have piled on here.

You have klan like joked about lynching, and other types of unwarranted violence against Black people.

You have said you don't think a Black person should be in a position to tell a White person what to do.

And you have simply said 'blacks arnt shit' in every context discussed including historical.

Quote:

Quote:
you agree they should be segregated

now this is true. and i believe this of all races. If races keep to thier own, it breeds self reliance and self independence.

so ignorant

Self reliance and independence from what?

Also note that EVERY TIME, Black people in this country created self reliant relatively independent communities and institutions they were attacked burned even bombed.

Secondly doing so purposefully will have you labeled a "racist" further attacked and marginalized.

Quote:

just because people stick to their own doesn't mean they have to hate other races.

the way segregation has been implemented into american society has given blacks cancerous mindset of relying on white people and the government instead of doing for themselves, ie. starting their own schools, business, social programs.

generally those institutions were attacked and marginalized

The only type of segregation the powers that be allowed to "function" were dependent ghettos.

Historically prosperous Black communities have always been attacked or otherwise diminished in various ways

Quote:

there is a saying: if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, if you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life.

this is the context of my point.

There is another saying

if you steal a mans fishing pole, he will come to you for the fish because you have plenty. And if he figures out another way to fish drop a bomb on him.
AKIEM 8:31 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO!

Quote:

Im sure he didn't know it was a writing contest. Even so - you would still loose.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:33 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL - no, Ive read emotionally misunderstood years of your posts and come to that conclusion.

that's because your "pro black" attitude has clouded your rational judgment. you are so into your blackness that you can't comprehend simple logical points, which in turn causes you to lie, and get yourself frustrated based on those lies.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:35 PM - 25 February, 2016
Seriously Kim, if you wanna discuss this, i'll be more than happy to discuss it in the race thread. but Bigzoe has been pretty cool about this whole discussion and I'm done littering his thread with off topic discussion.
AKIEM 8:46 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL - no, Ive read emotionally misunderstood years of your posts and come to that conclusion.
that's because your "pro black" attitude has clouded your rational judgment. you are so into your blackness that you can't comprehend simple logical points, which in turn causes you to lie, and get yourself frustrated based on those lies.

incorrect. your anti black mentality simply makes completely false assumptions about what I am saying.

You have joked about lynching and other type violence against Black people.

You have said Black people 'aint shit' in all contexts.

And you hate Black people for having been taken into slavery.
AKIEM 8:50 PM - 25 February, 2016
Quote:
Seriously Kim, if you wanna discuss this, i'll be more than happy to discuss it in the race thread. but Bigzoe has been pretty cool about this whole discussion and I'm done littering his thread with off topic discussion.

...aka hemmed up again

Yup, he has been cool, considering he has been verbally attacked by the Serato KKK.

you called him "ignorant racist nigger"

wow
Mr. Goodkat 9:19 PM - 25 February, 2016
might wanna check out serato icons. plenty of black djs

serato.com
AKIEM 4:08 AM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:

serato.com

...but black people don't make videos!
#TheIgnorance
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:26 PM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

A) Who said black people dont make videos?

B) ...there are no vids in that link
Mr. Goodkat 3:46 PM - 26 February, 2016
there are mixes and interviews(which are vids)
AKIEM 7:49 PM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

Thats not the problem the Klan came up with black or "negro" DJs dont post/make videos?

Well, and of course if they did, Serato probably doesnt want to post them because it could be 'damaging'

LMAO @ the shit the Serato Klan comes up with. Yall dummies make me laugh.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:32 PM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

Thats not the problem the Klan came up with black or "negro" DJs dont post/make videos?

Well, and of course if they did, Serato probably doesnt want to post them because it could be 'damaging'

lol where are you gettig this stuff from
AKIEM 9:44 PM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

From posts in this thread.

...and please continue!

lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:15 PM - 26 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

...and please continue!

lol
Your reading comprehension has sook much to be desired
AKIEM 1:27 AM - 27 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

Thats not the problem the Klan came up with, black or "negro" DJs dont post/make videos?

...and please continue!

lol
Your reading comprehension has sook much to be desired

(The Irony) sook? Absolutely no doubt the issue is your writing clarity.

Oh yeah, and 'Obama is not an example of "decency", you can lump him in with 2 Chainz'

sweet.

...and please continue!

LMAO
DJ Remix Detroit 3:04 AM - 27 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

she has clearly gone dilusional in the last year...lol

#emotional

#ClickThatX

#TakeABreak
AKIEM 6:39 PM - 27 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

I know right? Look here, she is claiming the problem is black djs not posting videos.
serato.com like oh my gosh

And then we have this woman claiming it would "damage" the company. serato.com like totally, oh my gosh

Yup, smh @ these women

#emotional

#ClickThatX

#TakeABreak

#BeAMan

#LOL!
AKIEM 9:06 PM - 28 February, 2016
LMAO

youtu.be
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:17 PM - 28 February, 2016
Quote:
#BeAMan

I do believe the proper term is

#ManUp...

That gets them feathers ruffled...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:59 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

I know right? Look here, she is claiming the problem is black djs not posting videos.

And then we have this woman claiming it would "damage" the company. serato.com like totally, oh my gosh

Yup, smh @ these women

#emotional

#ClickThatX

#TakeABreak

#BeAMan

#LOL!

Your reading comprehension needs alot of work.
AKIEM 6:18 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

#TheIgnorance

Yup, smh @ these women

#emotional

#ClickThatX

#TakeABreak

#BeAMan

#LOL!

Your reading comprehension needs alot of work.

I love the irony.
AKIEM 6:19 PM - 29 February, 2016
So the 'problem' is not lack of videos?

So the 'problem' is not dame to focus on the product?

aite then.
AKIEM 6:20 PM - 29 February, 2016

So the 'problem' is not damage to focus on the product?

aite then.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:09 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:

Clearly you missed that sarcastic shot at JM.

Smh

#InnerCityEdumacashun
AKIEM 9:00 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Clearly you missed that sarcastic shot at JM.

No, I did not.

That also was not the source of the premise which I linked, and therefore not even what I was talking talking about. Also, the challenge to post some videos did not seem to be a shot at JM either.

I do like how you ignore my question about YOUR premies though, that being the "damage" it would cause Serato.

As to be expected, nothing but back peddling, obfuscation, and running from any actual civilized, gentlemanly debate on any subject.

This is fun too, but you see my point.

#PrisonEdumacashun
#LeadPoisoning
 6 9:49 PM - 29 February, 2016
Keyword warriors that post on a DJ forum but don't post videos or mixes. lol

nm
AKIEM 11:46 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:

nm

L M A O - meanwhile this chix LIVES off a ten year old video.

And as far as I know never posted one since. But Im pretty sure she is aching to post some video she just made or whatever. You can always tell what she is up to by considering how chix think - period.

And I don't know who she is talking about, the OP? He hasn't been here that long - and no one else in the Klan or otherwise posts lots of videos. So?

#shelostit
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:34 AM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

nm

And as far as I know never posted one since.

He shouldn't have to until someone posts a video either beating his or at least warranting a response..how many vids have you posted again?
AKIEM 6:55 AM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

And as far as I know never posted one since.

He shouldn't have to until someone posts a video either beating his or at least warranting a response..

In order to get Serato recognition?

What kind of sense does that even make? No one here is talking about themselves personally getting recognition. lol. Is that what yall are talking about? smh

If we are comparing ALL videos, JM took him out easy with his Wheels of Steel rendition - wheres chix response? If you think ALL videos are on the table (for whatever reason) then obviously she had hella 'responses' to make in the last ten years of videos posted on the forum.

So I'm still laughing my ass off about her claiming no one posts videos, that includes her damn self a "keyboard warrior" ever since - and LIVING off that one video ten years ago to this day.

shits crazy

Quote:

how many vids have you posted again?

I don't have access to the excel sheet, but as far as I know, I've posted more videos than anyone else in this thread.

And I wasn't (lol) trying to get Serato recognitions or whatever I guess yall are posting videos for - what the hell? LMAO

Aint this the same shit this chic said in the video conference thread? Crying about no one is showing their face - wheres this chix face? Maybe Serato would pick her up if she showed some tits (or maybe not - lmao!)

Ok, so what are we talking about again? Black DJ representation in general or just the ones in this thread?
DJ Remix Detroit 9:00 AM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Ok, so what are we am i talking incoherently rambling about again?

not sure... time to take your meds?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:45 PM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, so what are we am i talking incoherently rambling about again?

not sure... time to take your meds?

no lie lol.
AKIEM 4:34 PM - 1 March, 2016
Ha, nice covering. But yall both know 6 been on some weird stuff.

Quote:

nm
AKIEM 4:34 PM - 1 March, 2016
And good job getting out of a simple discussion.
 6 8:46 PM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:

Quote:

nm

I log from my phone once in a moon light and I see this bitch is still butt hurt.

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

I wonder how you dealt with your past boyfriends. You're probably still calling them and shit. Texting them. Stalking them on social media and shit.

hilarious and P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.

... but Imma let you do what you do since you're not good at anything else.

:)
AKIEM 9:03 PM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

nm

I log from my phone once in a moon light and I see this bitch is still butt hurt.

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

I wonder how you dealt with your past boyfriends. You're probably still calling them and shit. Texting them. Stalking them on social media and shit.

hey - all Im asking is why she is talking about DJs in this thread making videos.

all that rah rah she's on and logging in from the phone (once in a while) is butt hurt.

go back to hiding from me - lol
DJ Remix Detroit 10:57 PM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

nm

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

Yup... it's obvious Kim is very but hurt.

She's deperate for attention

#KimTheAttentionWhore
DJ Remix Detroit 10:58 PM - 1 March, 2016
I think she got that black history month energy boost. Lol
 6 11:42 PM - 1 March, 2016
Quote:

Half a boost. Isn't she like half black?

lmao!!!!!
AKIEM 12:08 AM - 2 March, 2016
lol - anything to run away from simple questions.

and please continue....
DJ Remix Detroit 12:36 AM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lmao!!!!!

Kim's a half breed? Say it ain't so!

Bwahahahaha
AKIEM 2:33 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lmao!!!!!

Kim's a half breed? Say it ain't so!

Bwahahahaha

wait a min, what?

Of course Kim's a half breed. Mexicans are half breeds - La Raza!

hmmmmmmmmm...... I know what this is about..... mad at people always calling her "nigga".
all makes sense serato.com

Rejex tho - thats why you aint trying to pay that child support? lil half breed bastards? - smh
Mr. Goodkat 7:11 PM - 2 March, 2016
shes white and armenian.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:05 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
shes white and armenian.

oh damn...lol
Mr. Goodkat 8:08 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
shes white and armenian.

oh damn...lol

the only black she has in her is temporary
DJ Remix Detroit 8:09 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
shes white and armenian.

oh damn...lol

rotflmao
DJ Remix Detroit 8:09 PM - 2 March, 2016
#TemporaryBlackLivesMatter
Mr. Goodkat 8:16 PM - 2 March, 2016
lofl. pyscho ward got me trumpin'
 6 8:18 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
shes white and armenian.

oh damn...lol

rotflmao

Quote:
#TemporaryBlackLivesMatter

nm
AKIEM 8:25 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

For years, lots of DJ's here (you know who I am) have never even posted a single video here. lol

nm

fixed for the record - lol
AKIEM 8:27 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:

LMAO!
AKIEM 8:36 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:

LOL @ the damage that would be done - this thread is more 'damaging' - LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:22 PM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

LOL @ the damage that would be done - this thread is more 'damaging' - LOL

Posting shifty demo video can be very damaging to a company...just ask beamz
DJ Remix Detroit 3:48 AM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
demo video can be very damaging to a company...just ask beamz

yup... Serato saw what happened to beamz and was like: we'll stick to the white boys...lmao
AKIEM 5:30 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

yup... Serato saw what happened to beamz and was like: we'll stick to the white boys...lmao

If thats the case then the OP has might have some merit.

..like nobody seen none of this mess:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

L M A O ! ! !

Serato needs to remove all the white boys before anymore damage can be done.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:28 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

L M A O ! ! !

Which one of those videos were sponsored by serato? Oh that's right....none of em
AKIEM 8:57 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

L M A O ! ! !

Which one of those videos were sponsored by serato? Oh that's right....none of em

Who said they were? Oh that's right....no one.
Marv Incredible 12:00 AM - 5 March, 2016

Lol. Almost sounded like his name was Roman Serato
AKIEM 7:15 PM - 5 March, 2016
Quote:

Lol. Almost sounded like his name was Roman Serato

lol

I know right?

Serato should sue his ass
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:56 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

L M A O ! ! !

Who said they were? Oh that's right....no one

K.....so why are you posting them?
AKIEM 9:37 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If thats the case then the OP might have some merit.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

L M A O ! ! !

Who said they were? Oh that's right....no one

K.....so why are you posting them?

I said why in the post. Its still right there in the quotes. And I will even underline, italicize, and make bold for you.

Plus any excuse to post those videos is good.

This one tho youtu.be LMAO!
DJ Quartz 3:19 PM - 24 March, 2016
Ha ha ha, Akiem you got on the floor today. That Stardust where he's using the ladies breasts to play the drums made me fall me fall of my chair. ROFL.

Look I read some of thread and I feel the need to comment.

Honestly, I feel there is a lot of non-black DJ's that have elevated turntablism. I think the focus is too much on the color white here.

In terms of new age DJ's there is a black UK cat I seen in a video that was SUPER dope but I don't who the hell he is and hopefully I can find him again one day.

I think DJ EASE is super dope and gets some recognition.

That being said, I live in an area that is predominantly white, and I can understand how things can 'seem' that way.

I just think forget about your color, just be dope and you'll get recoginition.

Practice, make edits, release your mixes, make beats, etc, etc....

Be the best, and you will get recognized is what I believe.

It might happen overnight for some, and not for some.

Just put in your work and end to the day.

I would love to be featured by Serato but I know I have quite a bit of work to do still and I'm willing to do it!
DJ Quartz 3:23 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Just put in your work and end to the day.

Correction... Just put in your work and the end of the day.

I wanted to add, I always thought DJ Slyce was a super dope beat juggler but somehow always got forgotten.
DJ Quartz 3:33 PM - 24 March, 2016
It depends what your goals are also. If you're willing to make this a career it changes everything in your life.
DJ Quartz 9:19 PM - 24 March, 2016
One thing I want to say is Jazzy Jeff is deserving of the opportunities.

Don't forget that DJ Premier also became a Serato Icon and has his own vinyl as well.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:28 PM - 24 March, 2016
Y'all know that we already had this Black vs. White or (Insert Race/Color Here) discussion...right?

serato.com

6 years later....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:31 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
I think DJ EASE is super dope and gets some recognition.

DJ EASE is the truth....
AKIEM 10:16 PM - 24 March, 2016
tittie slappin tho - lol!
DJ Quartz 11:50 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
Y'all know that we already had this Black vs. White or (Insert Race/Color Here) discussion...right?

serato.com

6 years later....

This is a little different because original post I think was talking about 'opportunity'.

I guess I'm oversimplifying. My point was simple be really dope and no one will care what color are.

They will just appreciate and recognize the skills.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:17 AM - 25 March, 2016
Quote:

Bwhahahahhahahaha....

Can't believe I missed that...

TOTAL Comedy.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:20 AM - 25 March, 2016
Quote:

Wait....lmao.

What color was the person who "loaned" you that money again for your RIM SHOP?

Cats be FORGETTING.....
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 27 March, 2016
LOL
djdonny007 12:11 PM - 29 March, 2016
whoa guys enuf of the racist remarks already. i am from cape town,south africa and to be honest here most of the dj's are black. i dont see whats the issue about race cos does the club scene realy look at colour?if i walk into a club and the music is good then i dont care if the dj is white,black,purple or green. making and mixing good music is not necessarily what makes u a good dj. your marketing skills are as if not more important than the actual dj'ing itself. i know quite a few dj's who plays at the biggest clubs but aint really that good and i also know a few bedroom dj's who's mixes are dope but who never even manages to play in a club or at house parties. so the question as to who is the best will remain a mystery and the only reason the so called best dj's in the world are so famous is exactly due to their marketing. so stop the hate and enjoy the music
 6 11:19 PM - 29 March, 2016
Your good writing skills make you a good writer and your horrible writing skills make you a horrible writer.

nm
AKIEM 1:31 AM - 30 March, 2016
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:15 PM - 30 March, 2016
Quote:
serato.com write your opinion please

My opinion is that your communication skills are atrocious
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 30 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

...and coming from him....

lol
DJ Remix Detroit 10:45 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

"Urban Education"...lol
DJ Remix Detroit 11:29 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:

the fact that no one can understand a word that you are say is plenty of justification in itself
DJ Remix Detroit 11:56 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
follow this link

I followed the link, and I got lost
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:24 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...and coming from him....

lol

I had to lol myself...

Cats be forgetting....
DJ Michael Basic 6:54 AM - 28 April, 2016
I didn't read any of this thread, but the answer to your question is, "No, they are all Filipino."
Mr. Goodkat 7:42 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
I didn't read any of this thread, but the answer to your question is, "No, they are all Filipino."

lolz. filipinos are the best dj's. not filipino, but srsly they are the best.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 6:53 PM - 9 May, 2016
Quote:

nm

oml I've been gone for a year and 6 still does this
Marv Incredible 10:34 PM - 9 May, 2016
heh. I guess life means life.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:49 AM - 10 May, 2016
uh oh, -3 new messages
DJ Remix Detroit 10:31 AM - 10 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lolz. filipinos are the best dj's. not filipino, but srsly they are the best.

i wonder why there is an "f" in filipino but not in Philipines...lol

why aren't they called Philipinos?