Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

FINALLY fix the distortion in the echo out effect!

Bornd Fono 3:53 AM - 22 February, 2016
Hello guys from Serato!

I am sooo tired of waiting. Really. You have been promising to fix the distortion in the echo out effect for over 2 years now... and with every update: NOTHING!

Why not fix the things you already implemented into a shape that full-time working DJs can rely on that instead of bringing in new stuff with every update.

It's just ONE DAMN effect... come on! You already had this perfect in SSL... why not just bring that algorithm over to SDJ? Can't be that hard!
Joe Fresh 7:20 AM - 25 February, 2016
I also want a cleaner sounding echo out effect, but this is more likely to be something that iZotope would have to work on, not Serato.
Bornd Fono 11:22 PM - 13 March, 2016
Yes. You are right. But Serato promised to work on that 2 Years ago (or rather pass that task over to iZotope) and still there is NOTHING! I mean... it's ONE SINGLE effect and they already have a good algorithm for it from SSL... so I really don't understand why we have to wait for it THAT LONG. Come on guys from Serato... you can do better than this!
Chino 4:18 PM - 14 March, 2016
+1
DJ Presentation 3:29 PM - 10 April, 2016
I just got the DDJ SZ and the echo effect sounds like crap. Its distorted and the quality sounds muddy. On my SX the effects sound fine. Why do they sound like crap on my SZ. Please fix this.
sfalta 11:26 AM - 12 April, 2016
+1
DJ Presentation 9:46 PM - 10 May, 2016
Why is Serato not fixing this? It's clearly an issue. What's up here???
Just94 12:34 PM - 17 May, 2016
+1
sfalta 2:23 PM - 22 May, 2016
+1
Iván 9:32 PM - 22 May, 2016
+1
Despo 7:05 AM - 25 May, 2016
we need to complain louder, just +1ing this shit ain't gonna cut it. Remember when serato removed the tempo matching display and there was a huge thread with hundreds of user replies? Yeah that's what it takes to get serato moving.
Simon Love Carter 12:53 AM - 26 May, 2016
So we judt continue writing the same thing on and on.... along with SLIP mode behavior, SP-8 and Echo roll out
riddla 8:28 AM - 26 May, 2016
+1

If you would summarize all the different threads regarding the echo-out distortion it might be as big as the tempo matching thread.
Baum 10:46 PM - 9 June, 2016
The Echo Out effect is the most important effect for me and 99 % of my DJ colleagues. It hurts me to say but using the Traktor Delay Freeze effect is like a competitive advantage in these days. It's annoying, frustrating and actually unacceptable to see how good Traktor DJs can use this tool and how cheep it sounds in Serato.
Bornd Fono 12:43 AM - 10 October, 2016
It's a shame how serato is ignoring the community...

...especially regarding the fact that they already had this perfect with that algorithm in SSL!
Davmix 10:48 AM - 10 October, 2016
When ?? please
Bornd Fono 10:01 PM - 29 October, 2018
Any progress / plans on this? @serato
Bornd Fono 7:29 AM - 30 October, 2018
Since there are multiple threads in your forum about this and there are people asking for a solution for this in the comments of every major serato update it really seems like there are a lot of people who miss a solution for this long-going issue.

It's just a fact that the echo tail of this effect that a majority of your users seem to use is just not at the quality level you guys reached with the effect in SSL. Over the years there has been a progress (Combo Echo Fade -> Echo Out -> Clean Echo Out) so that the heavily distorted echo tail of the first version (which made people rather use Break Echo with the Mode set to FADE as a workaround) progressed into a slightly better version. But still - after YEARS of your community asking for this - the echo tail of the effect (and yes - even of the Clean Echo Out) sounds crunshy and distorted (the more the more low end the echo tail contains) while the SSL effect was just beautifully clean with a little bit of a high pass filter on it.

I can really not understand this journey of poor copys of this effect we all learned to love in SSL you guys provided during the last years. This is just really sad.
2.0 4:49 PM - 12 December, 2018
End of 2018... I still use Serato Scratch Live...
2.0 9:11 AM - 15 December, 2018
I recorded a video with this bug.
Scratch Live 'Echo Out' vs Serato DJ Pro 2.1 FXs
↪️youtu.be
Bornd Fono 1:08 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
↪️youtu.be

Thank you VERY much for this exzellent video! Hopefully Serato will pay some attention to it.
DJ Grand D 11:46 PM - 11 December, 2019
I wood love to see scratch live effects put in serato dj pro, like the roll out (fast).ultra and the roll out (slow).ultra and many more. These 2 were some of my favorites and sounded so clear and good. Serato DJ Pro effects doesn't sound to clear
Gyo 9:13 PM - 23 April, 2020
Quote:
I wood love to see scratch live effects put in serato dj pro, like the roll out (fast).ultra and the roll out (slow).ultra and many more. These 2 were some of my favorites and sounded so clear and good. Serato DJ Pro effects doesn't sound to clear

You're right man
Gyo 9:22 PM - 23 April, 2020
Quote:
↪️youtu.be

Still waiting ...
DJ Grand D 11:42 PM - 24 April, 2020
I still like the roll out (fast).ultra and the roll out (slow).ultra effects and many more from Scratch Live, I like what those effects do they were amazing and sound great!!! So please bring those effects to Serato DJ pro
DJ Grand D 11:54 PM - 24 April, 2020
I'm not talking about the echo out in scratch live witch that was good too, I'm talking about the roll out effects in scratch live there were 2 effects the roll out fast effect & roll out slow effect they were awesome