Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video on Pioneer DJM S9 Mixer

Dj Filo 2:48 PM - 19 February, 2016
Hi Guys,
Is Serato Video working on DJM S9 like the old RANE TTM57SL?
in particular, does the mixer take the crossfader and slide moves?
Does it works like that?

Did you try it?
Thanks a lot!
DJ Baby Boy 2:57 PM - 19 February, 2016
I'm not sure about Serato Video as I haven't used it in years but the S9 works great with MixEmergency (www.inklen.com)
Dj Filo 3:20 PM - 19 February, 2016
I would like to know with Serato Video and The Bridge too... I need to know before buy that mixer!
DJ Baby Boy 3:25 PM - 19 February, 2016
The bridge will never work with it as the S9 is SDJ only
Dj Filo 3:27 PM - 19 February, 2016
What does it mean SDJ only?
Thanks!
DJ Baby Boy 3:29 PM - 19 February, 2016
Quote:
What does it mean SDJ only?
Thanks!

Serato DJ

The Bridge works only with Serato Scratch Live
Dj Filo 3:56 PM - 19 February, 2016
Ah ok... sorry...
Thanks a lot for helping
DJ Crocodile 5:46 PM - 16 June, 2016
Does anyone know if you can record video mixes in the same way was the Rane 64? Can't get an aswer to this crucial question for me, not even from Pioneer staff. Appreciate if anyone can answer this for me.
Thanks.
DJ Tecniq 11:18 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Does anyone know if you can record video mixes in the same way was the Rane 64? Can't get an aswer to this crucial question for me, not even from Pioneer staff. Appreciate if anyone can answer this for me.
Thanks.
You mean like the built in recording feature in Serato Video? Yes it will work. I have the S9 but haven't tested this yet. I'll try it and report back๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
DJ Crocodile 3:19 PM - 9 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
You mean like the built in recording feature in Serato Video? Yes it will work. I have the S9 but haven't tested this yet. I'll try it and report back๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Yes DJ Tecniq,
I wanna trade in my Rane 62 for the S9, but being able to record video mixes is crucial to me, so it's vital I get a definitive answer from someone before I let my Rane go. Looking forward to the feedback from your test. Thanks.
DJ Tecniq 12:08 AM - 10 July, 2016
Quote:
Yes DJ Tecniq,
I wanna trade in my Rane 62 for the S9, but being able to record video mixes is crucial to me, so it's vital I get a definitive answer from someone before I let my Rane go. Looking forward to the feedback from your test. Thanks.
Hey bro sorry I had to send my S9 back cause it was defective however I just got a brand new replacement. I will test this after the weekend and report back. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
DJ Tecniq 10:00 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Thanks.
Here's a demonstration with the S9 and recording a video mix. It works!
www.mediafire.com
DJ Tecniq 10:03 PM - 12 July, 2016
^ Forget that mediafire link it's gonna ask you to DL it. I'm uploading to dropbox so you can just watch it without downloading. hold
DJ Tecniq 11:35 PM - 12 July, 2016
Sorry for the hold up here's the demo. www.dropbox.com
DJ Crocodile 12:39 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Sorry for the hold up here's the demo. www.dropbox.com

Peace Tecniq,

I'm just seeing this now. I've just downloaded the vid and watched it. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Hugely appreciated. Bye bye Rane....S9 here I come.

Thanks agin bro.

Stay blessed.
DJ Tecniq 8:01 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Peace Tecniq,

I'm just seeing this now. I've just downloaded the vid and watched it. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Hugely appreciated. Bye bye Rane....S9 here I come.

Thanks agin bro.

Stay blessed.
Very cool. Yeah sorry I deleted the Dropbox link on accident. The S9 is a beast of a mixer. Any issues let me know ill try to help.
DJ Tecniq 8:10 PM - 4 September, 2016
Just make sure you map your crossfader and up faders for video mixing and you're set๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
DJ Crocodile 5:38 PM - 6 September, 2016
Will do. Thanks again man. #lifesaver

Peace.
DJ Busto 2:16 PM - 12 March, 2017
Can anyone tell me that JDM s9 supports video
DJ Busto 2:17 PM - 12 March, 2017
does it changes video from the cross fader
DJ Tecniq 8:31 PM - 12 March, 2017
Quote:
does it changes video from the cross fader
Yes I use it with Serato Video it works fine๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Made Men 11:07 AM - 24 October, 2017
Are the faders able to be mapped on the s9? Also can they be tracked so that you can do the editing in Ableton like you could with the SL4, post production?
DJ Tecniq 3:08 PM - 24 October, 2017
The faders can be mapped for Serato Video as for Ableton I'm not sure.