Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

xdj-1000 bug with sdj 1.8.1

djswid 3:14 AM - 12 February, 2016
Im a using xdj-1000 with latest firmware in hid mode with sdj 1.8.1 and im a having an annoying bug that the song suddenly goes back to the start, it happened to me three tims last night and almost ten times since I bought them in December, is that a known bug ? Any solution to this problem ? I can't work with them with this bug...
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:26 AM - 12 February, 2016
Happens with all cdjs, Serato have yet to reproduce it. Sure is annoying
Daniel Ventura 11:14 AM - 12 February, 2016
serato and hid....neverending story don't know why they can't get it working :-/
djswid 12:40 PM - 12 February, 2016
Its seems like a known bug without a fix from what i read here...
DJ Tecniq 10:28 PM - 12 February, 2016
That's why they created Serato Pyro. Too many problems with SDJ👏🏻
djswid 12:29 AM - 16 February, 2016
Any solution to this bug ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:03 AM - 16 February, 2016
Use Rekordbox Dj?
Tommy Deem 7:25 AM - 16 February, 2016
Can't help u :/ I don't have this problem with my XDJ:s :/
maarawoe 7:36 AM - 16 February, 2016
Never hapenned to my xdj... :-(
Do you have the latest 1.05 firmware?
pdidy 7:47 AM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Any solution to this bug ?

Yes, sell them or return them.

Research and find something that actually works.

Buy it.

Problem solved.
maarawoe 9:26 AM - 16 February, 2016
@pdidy
Great idea...as usually....
Just wondered - there is obviously a problem with the HID what is a part of the Serato. What point you see in replacing the controllers?
"Something that works" if he sells the XDJ, you will give him the additional money so he can buy Nexuses? If not, I am not getting point of your response at all...
pdidy 9:43 AM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
"Something that works"

this can be virtually anything that works for him for example the pioneer ddjsz. no hid required.

Quote:
if he sells the XDJ, you will give him the additional money so he can buy Nexuses? If not, I am not getting point of your response at all...

oh sure, no problem I can buy everybody Nexuses just make sure you leave me a message in my in box with all of your contact information.
DJMIYAGI 8:24 PM - 3 August, 2016
Anyone from Serato care to chime in on this issue?.....Bueller?......Bueller?
Jtambis6 10:12 AM - 4 August, 2016
I have the same setup with the same issue but updating to the latest SDJ 1.9.2 fixed the issue.
DJMIYAGI 9:09 PM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
I have the same setup with the same issue but updating to the latest SDJ 1.9.2 fixed the issue.

I will have to try it out. Only tried 1.9.2 with my 1200s. Thanks for the heads up!
Jtambis6 1:46 AM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I will have to try it out. Only tried 1.9.2 with my 1200s. Thanks for the heads up!

Gotta retract my previous statement.

My issues is, I get the jumping to the beginning of the song and the random cue point jumping. I thought SDJ 1.9.2 fixed my issues but I encountered it once last night.

But that is only once in how many hrs I have been running 1.9.2 whereas before, I would always get hit with the jumping cue points at least a few times every night.

Serato is heading in the right direction in fixing the jumping cue points and restart from the beginning issues but its not perfect yet.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:23 AM - 5 August, 2016
Lol they done nothing to even attempt to fix any hid issues yet. It be just a fluke or there is other factors why this is happening and other work just happened to improve it
GusGomez 6:17 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:
Im a using xdj-1000 with latest firmware in hid mode with sdj 1.8.1 and im a having an annoying bug that the song suddenly goes back to the start, it happened to me three tims last night and almost ten times since I bought them in December, is that a known bug ? Any solution to this problem ? I can't work with them with this bug...

This is a known issue I opened up a ticket with pioneer in December last year and im still waiting on the answer smh....It's also an issue with the SZ btw...this is the single reason why I sold the XDJ 1000's and purchased a DenonDJ MCX 8000 and haven't looked back Pioneer lost a lot of points with me on this one it's a damn shame.
maarawoe 7:43 PM - 5 August, 2016
Must say that this never (really never) happend to my 1000's
djswid 12:09 AM - 21 August, 2016
I opened a ticket in pioneer support in February it's already 6 months and 5 serato new updates and still no solution to this annoying bug !
I know that the xdj 1000 came out when pioneer got out with the RB but its not the problem of the customers thet bought the xdj and want to work with serato...
GusGomez 6:30 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
I opened a ticket in pioneer support in February it's already 6 months and 5 serato new updates and still no solution to this annoying bug !
I know that the xdj 1000 came out when pioneer got out with the RB but its not the problem of the customers thet bought the xdj and want to work with serato...

Funny thing is I was willing to give RB a shot but their own mixer the DJM S9 doesn't wotk with RB so I ended up selling the XDJ's and buying the MCX8000 I promised myself it would be a long long time before I buy another Pioneer product.
maarawoe 8:28 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
their own mixer the DJM S9 doesn't wotk with RB

It doesn't work due to the licensw agreement with Serato.
There was a discussion on the pioneer forum why its not working and they said that the S9 is simply deaigned and licensed for serato and they are not allowed to enable it in the RB.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:43 PM - 22 August, 2016
Thought the s9 did work you just have to map it all out yourself?
Tommy Deem 9:26 PM - 22 August, 2016
+1 it definetly works with rb, just have to map it :)
GusGomez 12:13 PM - 23 August, 2016
It doesn't work due to the licensw agreement with Serato.
There was a discussion on the pioneer forum why its not working and they said that the S9 is simply deaigned and licensed for serato and they are not allowed to enable it in the RB.
And that's good and all but then why not fix the XDJ problem 8 months later its been almost a year and they can't fix the issue?
and if you're not going to fix the XDJ issue then release an unofficial MIDI Map for the S9 with RB, Pioneer is just lazy they take your money and run with it and stop caring after they have your money. Instead of releasing yet another controller why not fix the issues with the current roster you have?
maarawoe 12:32 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Pioneer is just lazy they take your money and run with it and stop caring after they have your money. Instead of releasing yet another controller why not fix the issues with the current roster you have?

Yup - definitely second part of the story.... They don't care because its selling the new products what makes them money - not the customers who already paid....
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:48 PM - 23 August, 2016
Sorry i don't get how pioneer is being lazy buy selling a mixer for serato and you thinking it would work with Rekordbox dj. Also this xdj issue is that an issue with Rekordbox dj? Or just Serato DJ? Or Both?
GusGomez 12:53 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Sorry i don't get how pioneer is being lazy buy selling a mixer for serato and you thinking it would work with Rekordbox dj. Also this xdj issue is that an issue with Rekordbox dj? Or just Serato DJ? Or Both?

Never said they were lazy for "selling a mixer for serato and you thinking it would work with Rekordbox dj" I said they're lazy because it's been almost a year since I've and many others opened up a ticket and complaint to them about the issue with the XDJ and they've done nothing about it. I don't know if the issue occurs with RB because I can't use RB since they're own mixer won't work with it. Pioneer is lazy and that's a fact they care about new customers but could care less about old customers very unlike RANE who care about All they're customers.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:43 PM - 23 August, 2016
Rane are gone so that's that over. The issue is not with Pioneer it is with Serato! Nothing Pioneer can do and they work fine with Rekordbox DJ. So it's Serato you need to be moaning and complaining about here. You could spend time to map your S9 with Rekordbox Dj or sell it and buy a different pioneer mixer that supports Rekordbox DJ. But with Rekordbox dj you can use the xdjs as audio interfaces so the sound comes from the xdj just plug rca leads to your mixer.
Tommy Deem 2:30 PM - 23 August, 2016
Gusgomez how is it that I am running dvs with rekordbox using S9??
GusGomez 2:37 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Rane are gone so that's that over. The issue is not with Pioneer it is with Serato! Nothing Pioneer can do and they work fine with Rekordbox DJ. So it's Serato you need to be moaning and complaining about here. You could spend time to map your S9 with Rekordbox Dj or sell it and buy a different pioneer mixer that supports Rekordbox DJ. But with Rekordbox dj you can use the xdjs as audio interfaces so the sound comes from the xdj just plug rca leads to your mixer.

First of all Im not moaning unless by moaning u mean wanting a $4000.00 system to work properly yes then it is moaning. Second of all by their own admission they said it is not Serato's problem it's their problem an they've been trying to release a firmware to address the issue but they're taking their sweet time. third I don't want to MAP anything because I didn't spend almost $2k to do their job for them I and a lot of other dj's purchased a $4k Pioneer system so it would work like it's supposed to. Anyways I sold those XDJ's and I'm glad I did I wish I would've known they weren't going to work like they were supposed to I would've never wasted my time and $.
GusGomez 2:39 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Gusgomez how is it that I am running dvs with rekordbox using S9??

IDK how and to be honest don't really care for RB I'm good with serato and don't want to nor is it financially reasonable for me to change to RB. I'm not complaining about the S9 because it's a great mixer I'm stating that it shouldn't take a year to make XDJ's work the way they are supposed to.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:12 PM - 23 August, 2016
I must got lost in this post i thought you was on about cue jumping and tracks restarting? This is an issue with all hid devices with Serato it does not happen with rekordbox dj so not sure how or why pioneer would need to release a firmware. Seems 100% Seratos issues as you don't hear Traktor or vdj users moaning about it.

The point being it is a serato dj device the s9 and with the license made between the two pioneer could not offer plug and play support. So you would have to map it yourself. Thats just politics.

Shame you have these issues i have all these hid issues aswel but none with Rekordbox dj infact its so stable with Rekordbox dj its like im using cds ir mem sticks.
GusGomez 3:30 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
I must got lost in this post i thought you was on about cue jumping and tracks restarting? This is an issue with all hid devices with Serato it does not happen with rekordbox dj so not sure how or why pioneer would need to release a firmware. Seems 100% Seratos issues as you don't hear Traktor or vdj users moaning about it.

The point being it is a serato dj device the s9 and with the license made between the two pioneer could not offer plug and play support. So you would have to map it yourself. Thats just politics.

Shame you have these issues i have all these hid issues aswel but none with Rekordbox dj infact its so stable with Rekordbox dj its like im using cds ir mem sticks.

I'm sure RB is great (been thinking alot about the RZX) trust me I wanted to give it a shot but I got so upset at Pioneer because all this money invested and Pio and Serato can't get it together. I'm using the DenonDJ MCX 8000 and (knock on wood) haven't had any issues with it so I guess im sticking to this controller. the S9 is great when I use my Turntables but I just don't feel like carrying TT's to gigs back and forth hence why I bought the 1000's (much lighter). in 2016 this is a stupid issue to have this shouldn't be happening specially at a live gig "veteran" dj's shouldn't be looking like "Newbies" because the hardware is messing up like that that stupid glitch made me look like an idiot way too many times and a $4000 unit shouldn't be doing that. that's just my 2 cents.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:39 PM - 23 August, 2016
Totally agree it shouldn't be happening and Rekordbox dj has provent it definitely shouldn't be happening. Just hope Serato one day sort it all out. But been years and years and they haven't yet. I can see i am going tobe forced by Serato to move over to Rekordbox Dj and that's kind of sad because i am a massive Serato fanboy!
DJMIYAGI 6:33 PM - 25 August, 2016
(Serato Support)

Hey there.

This is a bug we're aware of and we're looking into fixes - Unfortunately I'm unable to give you a time frame for this at the moment. There is a workaround for the issue, If you've been on the forum posts about this issue then you may have come across it.

Please note that this isn't a permanent solution - You'll have to connect everything as normal, then open the tag list on both of your XDJs. The only downside is that you wont be able to see your XDJ display as the tag list needs to stay open.

Please accept my apologies for this issue, and keep an eye on the forum for updates on it.
DJMIYAGI 7:46 PM - 17 November, 2016
So Pioneer released a firmware update that claims the bug is fixed. I'm at work right now but I will test once I get home. Here's the link

www.pioneerdj.com