Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Prepare List Lock

DJ Quartz 12:37 PM - 11 February, 2016
If you want to build a set or mix in the prepare window and have it recalled between sessions.

This way you don't have to built a separate crate for it.
Marv Incredible 1:55 PM - 15 February, 2016
I doubt I would use this but only because the way the Prepare window actually works means it's always been pretty useless to me and I've instead preferred to drop my files to a crate. But, the whole point of the prepare crate is for you not to need to create one, so I hear what you're saying.

In other words, without it, the prepare crate sucks and needs to persist across sessions. It also needs for tracks not to disappear unless they've actually been played. Having them disappear after merely previewing them is another thing that makes the prepare crate redundant for me. There's really no point in having it at all the way it works now. Might as well just use crates and have done with it. Which is what I do.

In fact, on the whole, there are many more things that need to persist across sessions. It's very tedious having to turn so many things back on every time you restart the program.
Autoplay, Quantize, Panel windows, FX settings, etc. I could unerstand more if it were a program designed for multiple users, but like so many others, it's just me who uses it 95% of the time.
DJ Quartz 11:32 PM - 15 February, 2016
I use it at weddings at long for special songs so I don't have to make a crate and they are always in view.

But that's how I came up with the lock idea because I could setup a routine to practice all the time and do it a show.

Then if I chose to crate it I could if I liked it enough.
Marv Incredible 12:02 AM - 16 February, 2016
Yeah. Prepare IS handy, not least because it saves you have to create a folder waaaay down at the bottom of your library and then either have to drag it closer to where you need it or keep scrolling back and forth as you move between crates. So the idea of having a prepare crate that always sits at the top of the library is helpful. Or at least, it would be if tunes didn't disappear upon preview and if it persisted across sessions.

I must admit, I do feel there are quite a few half-finished features in SDJ and SSL that always showed great promise but then never got the love they should have done. This for me, is one of them.
DJ Quartz 12:06 AM - 16 February, 2016
Right, the lock function would disable the tracks being removed when you load them to a deck.
Marv Incredible 12:52 AM - 16 February, 2016
Voila!

+1
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:51 AM - 21 February, 2016
+1 on the lock.
It's annoying to have tracks disappear after previewing. It should have a minimum time played maybe 20 secs.
But then some cats go through tracks like playing just bar or some snippet.
Riko Roos 8:47 AM - 23 February, 2016
.+8
RMAN 2:08 PM - 24 February, 2016
+1
please. That is so right.
MurdoX 8:15 AM - 29 February, 2016
+1

A good feature but like you guys said. Whats the point of having it if you can't preview the tracks in the prep list.

What I do now is I have a crate at the top of my list called prep. Actually I have 4 prep crates but still.

It looks like most people who use serato are experts at finding workarounds. Why is that?
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:31 AM - 29 February, 2016
Same here. I have a Prep crate.
RMAN 10:29 AM - 29 February, 2016
whats the purpose of your Prep crate ?
DJ Quartz 2:26 PM - 29 February, 2016
Quote:
+1

A good feature but like you guys said. Whats the point of having it if you can't preview the tracks in the prep list.

What I do now is I have a crate at the top of my list called prep. Actually I have 4 prep crates but still.

It looks like most people who use serato are experts at finding workarounds. Why is that?

The lock feature would disable the tracks in the prepare list from being removed when loaded to a deck.
DJ Boxx 8:01 AM - 21 July, 2019
+1