Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Working of a DDJ-SB2 controller with Serato DJ (Mac)

Maycul 11:02 PM - 9 February, 2016
Hello everybody

Facts:

I have a new DDJ-SB2 controller which I want to use with Serato DJ (have the newest version 1.8.1) on my MacBook pro 10.10.5. It's now 3 days since I started searching for a solution and trying anything but I can't manage it. When I do something on the controller it isn't shown in the Serato program. There's also just one deck and on the top right "MIDI" isn't lit.

What can I do? In the Audio Midi Setup the IAC Driver isn't lit.

What I've done:

- Downloaded the newest Serato DJ version
- Connected the DDJ-SB2 via USB to my laptop.
- It's also written in Serato that the controller is connected

Would be so happy for some feedback.. I'm almost desperating

Karloff 12:13 AM - 10 February, 2016
read this: serato.com
and understand why your SB2 not working on SDJ.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:16 AM - 10 February, 2016
do you think he is going to comprehend what i happening,

3 more days maybe
Karloff 12:26 AM - 10 February, 2016
people now a days just plugging their units without reading manuals and doing some research. hah!
Ragman 12:46 AM - 10 February, 2016
The weird thing is all the information can be found on this website, yet people would rather someone else do the fishing for them.
Maycul 9:42 PM - 10 February, 2016
Hi guys

Thanks for all your answers. Sorry but honestly I really checked up everything to this theme yesterday and also today. I also read everything on the link you send me, the manuals etc. But I can't find the solution.

Probably important to add:

- I got the controller from my friend. We installed serato dj intro and he logged in and activated his serato dj license. the ddj-sb2 is connected but it doesn't work. I don't get what the problem is and it would be really helpful to hear your opinions.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:50 PM - 10 February, 2016
well to put you out of your misery,

the ddj-sb2 is only serato dj upgrade ready,

so it only works with intro unless you buy a license,

so unless you have a purchased license it won't work with serato dj,

so the question now is did he give you a license or just log in as himself and show you it working and then deactivate it,

so if you download and install serato intro it will work, if not they you have some sort of problem
Maycul 9:53 PM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
well to put you out of your misery,

the ddj-sb2 is only serato dj upgrade ready,

so it only works with intro unless you buy a license,

so unless you have a purchased license it won't work with serato dj,

so the question now is did he give you a license or just log in as himself and show you it working and then deactivate it,

so if you download and install serato intro it will work, if not they you have some sort of problem

Thanks for this. I know that ddj-sb2 is just working with serato intro unless I upgrade.

he just log in as himself and activated it but not sure I read somethin about just activate on 2 computers?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:57 PM - 10 February, 2016
sounds like he just activated it showed you it working and deactivated it,

did he give you the username and password?

there should be a 14 day trial option so you can use that in the meantime till you sort out your license issue but i'm sure serato don't approve license sharing
Maycul 10:26 PM - 10 February, 2016
Ok, he didn't deactivate something..

It's because he left to another country for a few months and gave me his controller for this time

So if I download Serato DJ Intro and login with my informations it should just work without adapting or changing any settings?
Maycul 9:29 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
sounds like he just activated it showed you it working and deactivated it,

did he give you the username and password?

there should be a 14 day trial option so you can use that in the meantime till you sort out your license issue but i'm sure serato don't approve license sharing

Ok, he didn't deactivate something..

It's because he left to another country for a few months and gave me his controller for this time

So if I download Serato DJ Intro and login with my informations it should just work without adapting or changing any settings?