Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon MCx8000 Keymode

Chino 7:30 AM - 9 February, 2016
Check this out…www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZrrWptlTw
djkurve 7:38 PM - 9 February, 2016
I really hope this is a new upcoming feature in Serato DJ. Or at least an Easter egg.
Chino 7:58 PM - 9 February, 2016
I believe this feature is part of PitchN Time in Serato DJ. As of right now it's unique to Denon's MCx8000 controller.
djkurve 8:04 PM - 9 February, 2016
I know it's a current feature (being able to switch key notations) in Serato DJ, but as its being demoed in the video the guy is using the mpc pads on the controller triggering both a hot cue and key shift at the same time.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:42 PM - 9 February, 2016
Yes only on the Denon unit as of right now........
djkurve 12:09 AM - 10 February, 2016
Here's the official statement I got from Denon this afternoon.

"Hello Kurve,

This is a feature built into the MCX800 controller. You can actually select this mode from the pads of the controller like you do in Slicer for the NS7III. This feature is currently not implemented or mapped to the NS7III at this time. I can put in a feature request for you though. Thanks.”
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:50 AM - 10 February, 2016
Or you could use VDJ and map it out using VDJ script, lol!!

After I saw the video and figured out what he was doing I did it with VDJ on my DDJ SP1 😜
djkurve 1:25 AM - 10 February, 2016
Alas I'm not a VDJ DJ, so I guess I can only hope Serato releases this feature to the masses in 1.9!
djkurve 1:32 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:

After I saw the video and figured out what he was doing I did it with VDJ on my DDJ SP1 😜

You have peaked my curiosity though...How are you able to manually script hardware via VDJ?
djkurve 1:33 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Here's the official statement I got from Denon this afternoon.

"Hello Kurve,

This is a feature built into the MCX800 controller. You can actually select this mode from the pads of the controller like you do in Slicer for the NS7III. This feature is currently not implemented or mapped to the NS7III at this time. I can put in a feature request for you though. Thanks.”

My response....

When you say "built into the MCX8000" what exactly do you mean? Because I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that. Seeing how this is strictly a Serato DJ controller, I thought features of Serato DJ were specifically midi mapped (by default) to the corresponding buttons and knobs of the controller. And now that most controllers are unlocked, (via Serato DJ) DJ's now have the capability to midi map their controllers to their liking.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:57 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You have peaked my curiosity though...How are you able to manually script hardware via VDJ?

The DDJ SP1 is just a midi controller so a guy over on the VDJ forums who's a script god did all the hard work and it works just like the 8000 would/will/does.

I hold shift and press the hot cue button to put it in keymode and while holding shift I press whatever cue point I want to change keys with.

Either way I to hope Serato adds this to other units because it is nice.
Chino 6:05 PM - 10 February, 2016
This is a feature that MPCs have and so does my Roland MV8800. It's going to be nice to be able to do this Keymode feature live while djing. It opens up a lot of creative possibilities for remixing, etc.