DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best Record Pools

DJ STR33T STYLE 2:17 AM - 8 February, 2016
I'm interested in signing up for a record pool. I have never signed up for a record pool but I am looking for something with a lot of high quality songs for $30 or less. I DJ for private events such at school dances, graduation parties, and also club environments. On my own I like to DJ more EDM, trap, hiphop, and also throw in some acapellas. So basically I need a pool that has a health mix of everything, including top 40.

From what I've read my mymp3pool.com, djcity.com, and i12inch.com are all good but which would you recommend the most, on the list or not.
djdannyd 5:05 AM - 8 February, 2016
I'd suggest www.idjpool.com They offer high quality files; I've downloaded some degraded sounding files from the sites that you mentioned, what's worse is that the files are tagged as 320kbps.

If you DJ all those events, investing more that $30 a month is a great investment, get your hard drives loaded!!
Scully DJ Services 5:22 AM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
I'd suggest www.idjpool.com They offer high quality files; I've downloaded some degraded sounding files from the sites that you mentioned, what's worse is that the files are tagged as 320kbps.

If you DJ all those events, investing more that $30 a month is a great investment, get your hard drives loaded!!

+1
DJ STR33T STYLE 11:01 PM - 8 February, 2016
Would there be a site you recommend specifically for edm and trap and would there be a site you recommend for everyday top 40s, and acapellas, and instrumentals?
Limin Li 1:02 AM - 9 February, 2016
zipdj and bpmsupreme are both great!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:56 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
I'd suggest www.idjpool.com They offer high quality files; .

I also agree - try idjpool - since you DJ private events like school dances, graduation parties, and also club environments, they offer all genres like Rock, pop, Country, even Christian and Gospel music just in case you get one of "those" requests PLUS they also added Jazz as a genre in 2016 - great to build up your catalogue of Dinner Music for those mobiles that require cocktail music.

Another cool thing is they also list all the new Billboard Hot 100 adds each week so you can search and download those and keep your working library current with across the board stuff for those Private events.

Quote:
Would there be a site you recommend specifically for edm and trap and would there be a site you recommend for everyday top 40s, and acapellas, and instrumentals?

Idjpool does have some trap and some big room EDM. You also may want to look at www.latenightrecordpool.com - they usually are on top of the trendy EDM and Trap kinda like DJCity but are more in tune to other stuff like Urban and Country hits almost like idjpool, they also usually offer mixshow edits, instrumentals and some accapellas

Downside to both of those pools - they are $50 per month each instead of your $30 but are worth the extra bucks if you need variety,
DJ.Tyme 7:08 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
I'm interested in signing up for a record pool. I have never signed up for a record pool but I am looking for something with a lot of high quality songs for $30 or less. I DJ for private events such at school dances, graduation parties, and also club environments. On my own I like to DJ more EDM, trap, hiphop, and also throw in some acapellas. So basically I need a pool that has a health mix of everything, including top 40.

From what I've read my mymp3pool.com, djcity.com, and i12inch.com are all good but which would you recommend the most, on the list or not.

promoonly.com
DJ PIZARO 7:01 PM - 15 February, 2016
Try www.franchiserecordpool.com or mp3poolonline.com . They're the best record pools out here..
DJ STR33T STYLE 10:03 PM - 15 February, 2016
Thank you guys for all your suggestions,
I've narrowed it down to
digitalmusicpool.com or djcity.com.