Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mc Afee Antivirus Reporter.exe Serato DJ

DJ RECYCLE 1:55 PM - 7 February, 2016
At the last update of SERATO DJ ver 1.8 Mc Afee Antivirus (from Intel) detected (many times) "REPORTER.EXE" file from Serato DJ like a virus.

Plattform: Windows 7 64 Bit
Antivirus: Mc Afee Enterprise Ver 8.8

Fix: exclude de file from antvirus real time scanner

feedback?
Tony Sansone 4:39 PM - 7 February, 2016
Thanks DJ Recycle. Your advice works just fine. I had the same report by McAfee on a Windows 10 64 Bit Platform. I'm still wondering the reason of this alert, but anyway, cheers Recycle for the fix! Ciao
DJDimaSP 1:08 PM - 8 February, 2016
Hey im having a similar issue, my Mcaffe is coming up with the virus Artemis!2CFFA64669BF attached to the Reporter file any ideas??
DJ Tecniq 9:15 PM - 8 February, 2016
Like I said before it's not a virus your anti virus software is finding it as a false positive like most Windows protection programs. Serato didn't put the virus there. Download a real protection program like malwarebytes and run a scanπŸ‘πŸ»
DJDimaSP 9:44 PM - 8 February, 2016
Thort as much, I was pretty sure it wasn't (couldn't see Rane releasing a virus in there software!) quarantined the file and deleted it and downloaded that malware bytes and no issue πŸ‘ also made a shortcut from the main directory file to the desktop and stopped the issue with it trying to re-install on every start up 😊
DJ RECYCLE 2:28 AM - 9 February, 2016
I know it's a false positive, but the way in this new version (1.8) the debug of the file if diferent of the before version, that the reason the antvirus tag the file in a suspect mode.

Report it's a tool for report an automatic error when SERATO DJ crash to SERATO company.

So this "exe file" transfer data from your computer to LAN/WAN, so antvirus looks like a "back door" that is obvious too !

Anyway i'm always exclude from antvirus real monitor, all the SERATO folders and SERATOS running process to improve performance.

sorry for my bad english !!!!
DJ RECYCLE 3:01 AM - 9 February, 2016
Real Protection program? what is that? the right way is talk about "your security suite"

Mc Afee can be the #1 antvirus software, this company started 20 years ago under the name "Network Associates" but today is the security company from INTEL. PC and MAC users are Intel platform. Think, if your antivirus and main processor are from the same company, more security more performance, less impact, maybe some direct instructions between the application layer and hardware processor ...... so keep Mc Afee, because is not the problem it's one of the secure standar of the IT industry, just exclude the "report" file or exclude all folders, process and serato's files to live a better DJing.

software like malewarebytes are fake programs.....
DJ Tecniq 4:45 AM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
You apparently haven't used the program. Malwarebytes is trusted as one of the best free anti malware programs to date. I guarantee if you were ever to use it you would have threats on your computer and malewarebytes will get rid of them half those paid programs can't even find themπŸ‘ŒπŸ»
DJ RECYCLE 6:32 PM - 9 February, 2016
it's free it's fake nothing it's free in this life !!!

thanx for your advisor but i'm don't have a "malware" problem ! and i'm professional so i'm use only profesional software..... compare Mc Afee vs malewarebytes it's like compare Serato DJ vs Virtual DJ or something like that !
kbscholar 6:34 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
it's free it's fake nothing it's free in this life !!!

thanx for your advisor but i'm don't have a "malware" problem ! and i'm professional so i'm use only profesional software..... compare Mc Afee vs malewarebytes it's like compare Serato DJ vs Virtual DJ or something like that !

Actually, malwarebytes is a reputable program. It searches out and removes certain types of malware, trojans, etc. that McAfee otherwise wouldn't catch.
popnwave 7:37 PM - 9 February, 2016
Turning into a face palm fest here.

Just use Windows Security suite, if you can't keep your email and browsing habits clean use a machine other than that for such things.
AndyRothery 7:51 PM - 9 February, 2016
I recently had this same issue with McAfee and the false positive. After excluding the Serato files from my real time scanner instead of a windows installer error message Serato actually opens which is great. However, I still receive a pop up message saying McAfee has quarantined a threat every time I open Serato.

Was just wondering if anyone has any idea how I can stop this from happening as I am no expert with computers or antivirus software at all, I just want to mix some music haha.
DJ RECYCLE 9:44 PM - 9 February, 2016
AndyRothery what is the version of your Mc Afee?

try to exclude de serato process from the real time monitor of Mc Afee. Do the same for folder and don't forget exclude de " _serato_ " fulder under your "Music" folder from your profile user.

my version of Mc Afee there is: VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpayware Enterprise ver 8.8

P.D.: kbscholar is very possible that the trojans, malware, etc you can find with a malwarebytes scan; was installed on your computer from the same application (malwarebytes) like a Marketing trick, so you run a scan you can find them......

all ant-virus manufacturer always say that your own flag ship product is # 1 at the market

who knows may be the ant-virus manufacturer is the same manufacturer of the virus ;-)
pdidy 4:31 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:

Quote:
P.D.: kbscholar is very possible that the trojans, malware, etc you can find with a malwarebytes scan; was installed on your computer from the same application (malwarebytes) like a Marketing trick, so you run a scan you can find them......

This is a conflict, you cant make claims like this then say.......
Quote:
i'm professional

When you are totally incapable of a simple Google search to verify your claim.

Nope, cant be done. Its a total contradiction.